United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2016, 07:47 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I like the lad but his lack of pace and ability really shows. He won't get in the side now.
Exactly.

Great little player....but not good enough for us in the formation we want to play

Spurs/LFC level player.

Spurs should sign him, he'd be good for them.

Mata, jones, valencia, rojo, fellaini all need to go.

Unread 02-07-2016, 08:50 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Has he inadvertantly revealed the transfer by posting a picture of Draxler's new banner on his website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I reckon Mou will like Lingard

Unread 03-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Sparky***

€25m to Everton apparently.

Unread 03-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Exactly.

Great little player....but not good enough for us in the formation we want to play

Spurs/LFC level player.

Spurs should sign him, he'd be good for them.

Mata, jones, valencia, rojo, fellaini all need to go.
They have a better player in Eriksen

Unread 03-07-2016, 03:53 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They have a better player in Eriksen
i meant their bench.

Unread 03-07-2016, 03:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Not as much as Mkhitaryan though
That's why I say in a squad role. Mkhi should start as first choice, but if Mata stayed it would probably be the end of Jesse.

Mou will like Lingard's attitude and engine. He's definitely got it in him to be a decent goalscorer too, imo.

Unread 03-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Coracao

Quote:
That's why I say in a squad role. Mkhi should start as first choice, but if Mata stayed it would probably be the end of Jesse.

Mou will like Lingard's attitude and engine. He's definitely got it in him to be a decent goalscorer too, imo.
Yep, all he needs to do is actually learn to finish...

Unread 03-07-2016, 04:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
€25m to Everton apparently.
Not being reported anywhere. Probably %@#$&!s

Unread 03-07-2016, 04:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Yep, all he needs to do is actually learn to finish...
New to FA Cup final, pal?

He's actually produced some great finishes already for United. Think he'll become more composed as time goes on; thing about Lingard is he's a young 23. Doesn't have anywhere near the level of experience you'd expect from a player his age.

Unread 03-07-2016, 04:31 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Mou will like Lingard's attitude
crying mummmmmeh?

Unread 03-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Coracao

Quote:
New to FA Cup final, pal?

He's actually produced some great finishes already for United. Think he'll become more composed as time goes on; thing about Lingard is he's a young 23. Doesn't have anywhere near the level of experience you'd expect from a player his age.
He's also had some absolutely glaring misses. If he gets a chance, I'm not expecting him to finish it.

I don't rate him personally.

Unread 03-07-2016, 04:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He's also had some absolutely glaring misses. If he gets a chance, I'm not expecting him to finish it.

I don't rate him personally.
Well tbh I don't think he's a great player (though I'm more patient because I do think he's a bit of a late bloomer) but he could be a useful squad player, and reality is you want that core of homegrown and especially local lads if you can. Be interesting to see if he can keep his confidence without LvG, who gave him a lot of belief. Needs to score more goals, which he's quite emphatic on himself.

Unread 03-07-2016, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Yes, he could stay here if he doesn't expect to play every game. He has the right attitude, which is good.

Unread 03-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Buck

His agent needs sacking if the best he can get is Everton

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:07 PM
BobJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
What do you think is his level pal?

Bar the occasional Hollywood goal he's be an abject failure here. Personally don't think he's better than Barkley as a 10 and as a RM he's absolutely dreadful and no better than planks like Lennon.

My abiding memory of him will be when he bottled a tackle away at Leicester causing a goal and a red card. We never looked the same team under van Gaal from that moment forward.

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones

Bar the occasional Hollywood goal he's be an abject failure here. Personally don't think he's better than Barkley as a 10 and as a RM he's absolutely dreadful and no better than planks like Lennon.

My abiding memory of him will be when he bottled a tackle away at Leicester causing a goal and a red card. We never looked the same team under van Gaal from that moment forward.
Or when he allowed Delle Alli to shove him around the place.

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:11 PM
£#%&! KFC

sad to see the hate for Mata.....but no way will he survive the Jose cull

thanks for Anfield and winning No12....but adios amigo...and take Herrera with you

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:15 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Wants to stay in England pal

Very tough moment for me. You won dunk...

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones

I've been underwhelmed by his time here too and accept even at his best Chelsea weren't a title winning outfit but he deserves to be at a club with more relevance than £#%&!ing Everton.

I think either of the Milan clubs who are a far way off from their best days would do well getting Mata. His weaknesses won't show up much in Italy and his strengths will be better served in a slower game.

Unread 03-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
sad to see the hate for Mata.....but no way will he survive the Jose cull

thanks for Anfield and winning No12....but adios amigo...and take Herrera with you

Not so much hate, as it is just the general feeling of "meh" towards him mate.

Used to be extremely irritating when we'd lose or £#%&! up, he'd come out with some shitty blog, telling us how it was important to respond etc....And then, the very next game, he'd be just as bad as the previous week
Closed Thread