Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Conte?
Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:11 AM
MUFC One Love

When any manager is sacked or leaves a club (when they're not doing well) you could argue they leave it a mess. That's why they've been sacked or left. Leaving for a better job is different.

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:23 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Can't see any better available alternative than this boombots on a short term.
Let him make his meatballs for a year and a half and tap up the next Frank deboer at Ajax.
The future's bright.

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:49 AM
guerreiro

Why did this angry bewigged goblin get sacked from Chelsea? Can barely even remember him in the Premier league.

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:55 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Why did this angry bewigged goblin get sacked from Chelsea? Can barely even remember him in the Premier league.
Poisoned relations with the board and some of the players. Told Diego Costa he wasn't needed at the club by text and things like that.

If we get him in it'll be an utter shambles, although entertaining at least.

Unread 26-10-2021, 06:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Arguing with the board, dodgy transfer dealings, may have fallen out with the players. He’s a tetchy wrong ‘un.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:01 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
won the league and then got sacked for finishing 5th next season.

beats losing 5-0 at home to liverpool

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:26 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Poisoned relations with the board and some of the players. Told Diego Costa he wasn't needed at the club by text and things like that.

Ah yes. Would be quite funny actually. Like sending the bailiffs in to clear out the deadwood, rather than offering five year contracts and a hug.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:28 AM
Switching Off

Conte isnt a long term solution but hes exactly what we need right now. Offer him the season and then go for this Dutch bloke in the summer. He either says yes or no

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Yep.

‘Pogba u r sold to psg lol fuk off x’

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:34 AM
NedKelly

I’m on a (third) rewatch of the Sopranos and tbh, if you’d have asked me a month or two ago I’d have been like “lol conte? No way pal” but now I’m all “ah Madonna! Bring him in what’s the worst he can do?!”

Let him break some balls

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:37 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’m on a (third) rewatch of the Sopranos and tbh, if you’d have asked me a month or two ago I’d have been like “lol conte? No way pal” but now I’m all “ah Madonna! Bring him in what’s the worst he can do?!”

Let him break some balls
ha same.
conte is basically the ralph cifaretto of football managers.

will cause havoc but is a good earner.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:39 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
ha same.
conte is basically the ralph cifaretto of football managers.

will cause havoc but is a good earner.
Def likes cheese graters on his balls just don’t leave Fergie’s horses near him

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:40 AM
Switching Off

Quote:

Let him break some balls
Oh marone!

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:41 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Let him break some balls
Hey Chris, there's a job going at OT

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Conte isnt a long term solution but hes exactly what we need right now. Offer him the season and then go for this Dutch bloke in the summer. He either says yes or no
He’s not a long term solution, but he’s also not going to come for just over half a season.

Unread 26-10-2021, 07:55 AM
believe

I honestly don’t think I could watch, or get any joy out of watching Conte manage us. You could forgive giving LVG a chance because of what happened after SAF but now it’s almost as if we’d throw the towel in and give up any meaning that is Manchester United.

I’d honestly prefer us to keep trying anything than hand ourselves over to the modern quick fix manager that the likes of Chelsea have become accustomed to.

I’m desperate for us to win trophies again, any trophy. But I’d sooner we did it with a modicum of decency left in us.

Unread 26-10-2021, 08:07 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I honestly don’t think I could watch, or get any joy out of watching Conte manage us. You could forgive giving LVG a chance because of what happened after SAF but now it’s almost as if we’d throw the towel in and give up any meaning that is Manchester United.

I’d honestly prefer us to keep trying anything than hand ourselves over to the modern quick fix manager that the likes of Chelsea have become accustomed to.

I’m desperate for us to win trophies again, any trophy. But I’d sooner we did it with a modicum of decency left in us.
'Keep trying anything'.... really? After Sunday?

Hypothetically, would you watch another one of those v city? How about at Anfield in March?

I get what you're saying but Sunday was surely the worst result any of us have seen in our lifetimes. We can go on about 'meaning' all we like but if it leads to the most appalling, abject humiliation with the entire country absolutely roaring with laughter as the goals fly in, is it not time to have a rethink about priorities?

Unread 26-10-2021, 08:12 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
'Keep trying anything'.... really? After Sunday?

Hypothetically, would you watch another one of those v city? How about at Anfield in March?

I get what you're saying but Sunday was surely the worst result any of us have seen in our lifetimes. We can go on about 'meaning' all we like but if it leads to the most appalling, abject humiliation with the entire country absolutely roaring with laughter as the goals fly in, is it not time to have a rethink about priorities?
I’ve no idea

Unread 26-10-2021, 08:13 AM
dunk

While Sunday was brutal, hysterical, desperate decision taking won’t help.

Unread 26-10-2021, 08:14 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’ve no idea

Fair enough, you and be both really. What a mess.

I don't disagree really – I really, really don't want United to turn into Chelsea with the quick fix, soulless %@#$&!s. Otherwise I'd be saying hey, let's get Big Sam in and at least sort the defence out.

I dunno, it's just that Sunday was a different level altogether. It wasn't just a bad result. It wasn't Exeter in the cup or Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup Final or Swindon fluking a league win. It was basically the result that you'd write down if someone asked you to describe your absolute worst nightmare as a United fan. So I think the priority should be to stop that from happening again, and 'meaning' can come later.
Closed Thread