United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Re: Team v Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Well, it could have been worse....we could have £#%&!ed vidic off.

He wouldn't have been missed according to a few.
his distribution is so poor though

ferdinand is a huge loss

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
his distribution is so poor though

ferdinand is a huge loss
The stories of him standing on the plane all the way to Spain are a worry. Smalling looks composed in posession on the little evidence we have.

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up Re: Team v Valencia

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
The stories of him standing on the plane all the way to Spain are a worry. Smalling looks composed in posession on the little evidence we have.
shame he also looks soft in the tackle, weak in the air, slow on the turn and error prone on the same evidence.

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:05 PM
jem

Quote:
Well, I'd have to disagree, he was much better than this last season.
I'm having to comfort eat my way through all four of my m&s chorley cakes now. it's lucky I don't have a box of mahmoul handy.

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
shame he also looks soft in the tackle, weak in the air, slow on the turn and error prone on the same evidence.
I think he did in the US but has looked better since, though against not the best opposition.

That description could be attributed to a certain other player you know.

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I think he did in the US but has looked better since, though against not the best opposition.

That description could be attributed to a certain other player you know.

it's half our first team squad tbh

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:08 PM
jem

I'd put smalling in the same category as obertan at the moment.

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I'd put smalling in the same category as obertan at the moment.
yep same; the big fod shit @#%&! category

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
yep same; the big fod shit @#%&! category
Another "shit" young player eh, hmmmm and yet you go nuts if a certain Oirishman gets a bit of criticism.

As you say "Have you learnt nothing from Fletcher".

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Another "shit" young player eh, hmmmm and yet you go nuts if a certain Oirishman gets a bit of criticism.

As you say "Have you learnt nothing from Fletcher".

that's %@#$&!s you taff @#%&!

i dont give a £#%&! about gibson just find it hilarious that plenty of #@&%!s on here think that all of our current deficiencies are to do with a squad player who hardly ever plays.

smalling doesnt look the business atm; if he was he would be playing ahead of evans who is clearly suffering from a major drop in confidence and loss in form

obertan is back in the reserves. who looks like they are right at this stage?

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

that's %@#$&!s you taff @#%&!

i dont give a £#%&! about gibson just find it hilarious that plenty of #@&%!s on here think that all of our current deficiencies are to do with a squad player who hardly ever plays.

smalling doesnt look the business atm; if he was he would be playing ahead of evans who is clearly suffering from a major drop in confidence and loss in form

obertan is back in the reserves. who looks like they are right at this stage?
Thanks for the taff @#%&! bit. You've gone mental at me for pointing out deficiencies in Gibbo's play.

Well that'd be completely stupid, he does suggest a bit of a lack of squad depth I'd suggest but that's abut all, particularly when O' Shea plays in midfield ahead of him.

As to Smalling, if Rio's injury continues to cause him to miss games and Evans can't get his form together Smalling may well have to step in.

I can't work Obertan out tbh, looks to have class and pace but can't play football?

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:31 PM
borsuk

evans has made some errors but he's been nothing like as bad as some have painted. people like slagging off players is all it is, maybe it makes them feel better, who knows. imo the full backs have been far more culpable than the centre halves for our defensive lapses and the midfield bears a fair bit of the blame as well. anyway, young players make mistakes. if you want fergie to play young players, and it appears most do, then you're going to have to accept that they will make mistakes and not act like a big girl every time it happens.

who was it who said evans was a shortarse?

wes - 6'1"
vidic - 6'2"
evans - 6'2"
rio - 6'2.5"
o'shea - 6'3"
smalling - 6'4"

Unread 29-09-2010, 02:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
evans has made some errors but he's been nothing like as bad as some have painted. people like slagging off players is all it is, maybe it makes them feel better, who knows. imo the full backs have been far more culpable than the centre halves for our defensive lapses and the midfield bears a fair bit of the blame as well. anyway, young players make mistakes. if you want fergie to play young players, and it appears most do, then you're going to have to accept that they will make mistakes and not act like a big girl every time it happens.

wes - 6'1"
vidic - 6'2"
evans - 6'2"
rio - 6'2.5"
o'shea - 6'3"
smalling - 6'4"
he is a @#%&!. little miss jem (min) is 4ft and she could take him. he managed to look shorter thsn zamora.

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:56 PM
The Return of JC

This, please:

-----------------------------VDS---------------------------

Rafael-------------Vidic------------------Rio-------------Evra

Nani--------------Carrick-------------Anderson-----------Park

------------------------Owen------Berbs---------------------

Unread 29-09-2010, 04:58 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
This, please:

-----------------------------VDS---------------------------

Rafael-------------Vidic------------------Rio-------------Evra

Nani--------------Carrick-------------Anderson-----------Park

------------------------Owen------Berbs---------------------
Central Midfield scares me, neither are match fit.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

wes - 6'1"
vidic - 6'2"
evans - 6'2"
rio - 6'2.5"
o'shea - 6'3"
smalling - 6'4"
This is the laughable part isn't it? Constant call for players like Cleverly to be given a chance. If the treatment of Evans and particularly Gibson is anything to go by, then he'd be wildly unpopular by Christmas.

Then there's the lazy link between young players making mistakes and therefore being 'not good enough'. Gibson has flaws in his game. They're obvious.....but how we get from there to 'not good enough', I dunno.

You either want players to get a chance or you don't. If you do, then let them develop and accept they're going to make mistakes.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:03 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Central Midfield scares me, neither are match fit.
Meh, £#%&! it. Know what you mean, but Fletcher looks spent anyway, so those two flagging after 70 minutes is only what would happen to Fletcher.

It's either that or Gibson. I really think Fletcher needs a day off.

Unread 29-09-2010, 05:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Meh, £#%&! it. Know what you mean, but Fletcher looks spent anyway, so those two flagging after 70 minutes is only what would happen to Fletcher.

It's either that or Gibson. I really think Fletcher needs a day off.
Fletch almost certainly does, i'd swap him in your team for Park though, play a 3 and put Nani drifting in behind shithouse and Berb.

Unread 29-09-2010, 06:31 PM
taff

----------------VDS------------------
---Rafael----Vidic----Evans----Evra---
-------------------Fletcher-----------
-----------Gibson---------------------
---Nani--------------Anderson--------
------------------------------Park----
---------------Berbatov---------------
Closed Thread