United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:08 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
We aren't gonna move on, Fergie wants Tevez, he was happy to wait on Hargreaves what makes you think he won't for Tevez.
Perhaps the baggage that comes with it?

Apparently we were turned off by Tevez and Mascherano last year because of the MSI connection so we're obviously very wary of it.

Hargreaves failure to arrive immediately was due to nothing more than the selling club's stubborness. This is different, there is dodgy goings on galore here and, although we are trying to do everything above board, the club will know their reputation is of paramount importance.

I still think we'll get him and we won't pull out of the deal, but there remains the possibility that we will eventually grow impatient and realise the baggage may not be worth it and there are easier targets to pursue.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
With all the likely 'appeals' from both sides I don't expect to see Tevez in a United shirt before January...if at all.
Fine. You may be pleasantly surprised. If not, we waited for Hargreaves, we can wait for Tevez. It's not like we've made no signings so far.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Perhaps the baggage that comes with it?

Apparently we were turned off by Tevez and Mascherano last year because of the MSI connection so we're obviously very wary of it.

Hargreaves failure to arrive immediately was due to nothing more than the selling club's stubborness. This is different, there is dodgy goings on galore here and, although we are trying to do everything above board, the club will know their reputation is of paramount importance.

I still think we'll get him and we won't pull out of the deal, but there remains the possibility that we will eventually grow impatient and realise the baggage may not be worth it and there are easier targets to pursue.
We have already agreed the deal with MSI. Fergie wants Tevez, not other targets, wew'd have £#%&!ed it off by now otherwise. Now we just have to wait, hardly a hassle.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Camel

i'd be happy to wait til the season after next to get tevez. the guy is sheer class.

there won't be any baggage involved as msi will sell their rights completely as part of an eventual £30m(?) deal.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
We have already agreed the deal with MSI. Fergie wants Tevez, not other targets, wew'd have £#%&!ed it off by now otherwise. Now we just have to wait, hardly a hassle.
Yeah, and West Ham had a legitimate deal with them that was all smiles at the time too. Now look the mud slinging. I'd rather this lot weren't involved.

I think hassle is the wrong word. Ofcourse, there's no hassle in terms of having to actually do anything - it's between West Ham and MSI in the courts now. It's more disrupitve in terms of not knowing where we stand as we head towards the new season.

Maybe 'disruptive' is a more accurate word than 'hassle'.

It's certainly a little disruptive.

But in essence, I agree with you. It's not a massive problem.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
We aren't gonna move on, Fergie wants Tevez, he was happy to wait on Hargreaves what makes you think he won't for Tevez.
Our lack of a fit, consistant, class centre forward maybe.

Or that with the investments from Liverpool and Chelsea strengthening, we'll need to be out of the traps sharpish again.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

But in essence, I agree with you. It's not a massive problem.
All I was saying. Have to say I rather like the waves of gloom that wash over this place at every new non-development.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
All I was saying. Have to say I rather like the waves of gloom that wash over this place at every new non-development.
There have been no developments since day one (which was only about three weeks ago when the story broke. Hardly a saga). A development is a change of progress.

There has been no change or progress in anyone's stance.

It's all rather dull.

West Ham admitting they don't own him, now that would be a development.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
There have been no developments since day one (which was only about three weeks ago when the story broke. Hardly a saga). A development is a change of progress.

There has been no change or progress in anyone's stance.

It's all rather dull.

West Ham admitting they don't own him, now that would be a development.
Magnusson did that in March.

I'm not bothered, from Friday I'll have 16 Tevez free days.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:48 PM
The Return of JC

[quote=antonin jablonsky;458951]Magnusson did that in March.

QUOTE]

Wasn't that before the 'tearing up' of the contract?

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Mr_Ed

I know it's a big IF here but IF we'd beaten them on the last day and maybe put a bit more effort into that tepid performance this would all be a moot point.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:51 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I know it's a big IF here but IF we'd beaten them on the last day and maybe put a bit more effort into that tepid performance this would all be a moot point.
Why?

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Why?
They'd have gone down... and would probably be looking to get rid of him sharpish?

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

[quote=The Return of JC;458957]
Quote:
Magnusson did that in March.

QUOTE]

Wasn't that before the 'tearing up' of the contract?
Yup. Impressive to gain ownership of such a valuable asset like that eh?

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
They'd have gone down... and would probably be looking to get rid of him sharpish?
I think they want rid of him sharpish anyway. They're just commited to the lie to protect themselves from the consequences of changing their story.

Their going down wouldn't change their stance about them insisting he's their's would it?

We'd still be encountering the same problems.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:57 PM
The Return of JC

[quote=antonin jablonsky;458978]
Quote:

Yup. Impressive to gain ownership of such a valuable asset like that eh?
Indeed. In fact, I'm inspired. I'm going to scrawl my name on a post-it and slap it on the windshield of the mercedes parked outside.

Wish me luck.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think they want rid of him sharpish anyway. They're just commited to the lie to protect themselves from the consequences of changing their story.

Their going down wouldn't change their stance about them insisting he's their's would it?

We'd still be encountering the same problems.

Well, had they gone down, the PL wouldn't have been involved as West Ham wouldn't be a PL side so it may have been easier.

Unread 25-07-2007, 02:59 PM
El Calafate

you have to admit, it is quite amusing. they want to get rid but they can't without incurring a penalty from the PL. it's an absolute mess. nft.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
you have to admit, it is quite amusing. they want to get rid but they can't without incurring a penalty from the PL. it's an absolute mess. nft.
Yup and the PL have to threaten the penalty otherwise the give Sheff U grounds to sue.

Unread 25-07-2007, 03:01 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Well, had they gone down, the PL wouldn't have been involved as West Ham wouldn't be a PL side so it may have been easier.
There'd still be the problems with ownership. It'd be easier, but no assurance of an easy deal.

We didn't and had bigger fish to fry at the time.
Closed Thread