United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2011, 10:32 AM
armchair

Default Re: These 'decisions'.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellfarg
I didn't mean you had said something scouse. I said your remark that Chelsea would have won anyway was twaddle because it is, not because I didn't understand it. No one can possibly make a judgement like that with 100% confidence. Frankly, IMO, it looked pretty unlikely that they would have won it.

I said the thread was scouse too because that's a second point I was making. It's the kind of %@#$&!s they frequently spout on RAWK.

Still, obviously, you're the bloke who runs this forum so I must be stupid eh? Good debating old chap
are you going to mention that in every post? It's wearing a bit thin with me tbh. I'm not here to talk about the forum. Maybe you are. There won't be a third time lucky imo.

Anyway back on topic:

Now that you've woken up you make a reasonable point that, in your opinion, they wouldn't have won. and more importantly that "No one can possibly make a judgement like that with 100% confidence." That goes both ways. Doesn't make you demented to think they wouldn't have won the game or me for saying they would've. The stupid part was last night you seemed to think 100% you were right and I was wrong when it's all just opinions.

Did I mention I run this forum? Not sure you realised.

Unread 01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Cream

I thought Scholes and Rooney (?) getting league bans for pre-season friendly transgressions was a bit fishy.

Were there any precedents? Did it set a precedent?

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:13 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
I thought Scholes and Rooney (?) getting league bans for pre-season friendly transgressions was a bit fishy.

Were there any precedents? Did it set a precedent?
not sure, there's definitely a precedent for gerrard not getting banned for pre-season cards.

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not sure, there's definitely a precedent for gerrard not getting banned for pre-season cards.

Was it Gerrard one summer, got nowt then the following summer it was Scholes and he got a ban?

Can't remember exactly maybe it was Scholes first but as clear a case of 1 rule for United and another for everyone else as you will come across

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
dunk

I'm pretty sure those pre-season bans were down to the respective referees. If the ref reported it to the FA they have to act. The ref in the Scouse incidents didn't report the red cards, the ref in our game did.

At least, I think that was the case.

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Was it Gerrard one summer, got nowt then the following summer it was Scholes and he got a ban?

Can't remember exactly maybe it was Scholes first but as clear a case of 1 rule for United and another for everyone else as you will come across
I think it was scholes first

Unread 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM
denis lawless

tbf the media has banged on about the 2 dubious goals yesterday......but

and its a big

they are not coming from the angle of chelsea maybe stealing the title but that it has cost Spurs the 4th CL spot

hope we smash the @#%&!s next week.

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
red in cumbria

I agree generally with the "things even themselves out over a season" maxim. But...........

There is no doubt that ABUery in the media has reached ridiculous levels recently - TalkSport still banging on daily about that Rooney "elbow" at Wigan, MORE THAN TWO MONTHS LATER

I don't allege conscious bias - well, not usually - but this surely *has* to have a subliminal effect on match officials??

And Chelski *have* had an awful lot of fortuitous decisions since Abramovich bought them, nqat

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
celtbion

I think it was last year that Utd had this set of away fixtures after CL games. The odds on it occurring by chance were very long indeed.
Sky moving around fixtures to make things more difficult for Utd?
I don't think a company should be attempting to influence the outcome of England's foremost sporting competition.

I do think there has been an extraordinary run of bad decisions favouring Chelsea against United in recent league games.

However, I thought the two CL games highlighted something more stark than a few offside decisions, namely that Chelsea were not allowed to attempt to simply kick Utd off the pitch with a European ref in charge.

This isn't true just of Chelsea. Utd's forwards are regularly booted up and down the pitch and cards are not flashed as they should be.

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
This isn't true just of Chelsea. Utd's forwards are regularly booted up and down the pitch and cards are not flashed as they should be.
Drives me up the wall this.
The amount of kicks that Rooney, Nani & Pea take is ridiculous...& the opponents never get £#%&!ing booked for it.

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Drives me up the wall this.
The amount of kicks that Rooney, Nani & Pea take is ridiculous...& the opponents never get £#%&!ing booked for it.
rooney is crudely done off the ball a lot these days.

probably as some sort of wind up tactic in an attempt to get him to lose his head.

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

i doubt proper abu-ism is more rife than it was back in the day, such as when danny baker was doing 606 and munich singers up and down the country were first given a forum to vent their anti-united spleans. difference is probably just that there's near on a whole generation of football fans who don't remember when united didn't win the league all the time, so the emphasis is mainly on that. in a strange way the stuff about munich of late is to be welcomed - at least it might help teach these £#%&!wits that it isn't just shiny baubles that are the reason why they're supposed to be jealous and bitter of united. i used to get called a glory-hunter at school while dave sexton was manager ffs. hated, adored etc...

Unread 01-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

btw

e) Barcelona

Unread 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellfarg
I realise it's your forum mate but that's twaddle . This whole thread is a bit scouse too. Reminds me of those posts you see on RAWK whenever we get a decision - "this league is corrupt".
Funny that.

Seeing as I mentioned it in the very first post, you thick £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex de Large
Yep, Drogba.
Since Rooney got his ban? In the league?

Hmmm, I dont think so.

Unread 01-05-2011, 02:59 PM
forwardirektion

After that handball

Unread 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
After that handball
The ratio is fair in favour of 'iffy to other sides and against United' though

Dont worry, the ref will either send Rooney off or give them a pelanty.

Unread 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
After that handball
Ha, was thinking the same.

Though, my main issue is with how teams are allowed rough up our players in a way that European sides aren't permitted to.

The body check on Nani by Song there first half, for God's sake.

After Rooney was booked for that challenge on Wilshere?

Anyway, back to it.

Unread 01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
magic_cantona

Despite the Vidic handball, we had TWO clear penalties turned down today.

Owen's was more blatant than the Vidic one.

I'm not having anything other than "There's summat going on"

It's bizarre.

Unread 01-05-2011, 04:55 PM
Tiberian

Jesper Blomqvist in the treble season is the last time Utd got a penalty at Anfield, Arsenal or Stamford Bridge, and there have been numerous blatant ones turned down in that time.

Unread 01-05-2011, 04:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Jesper Blomqvist in the treble season is the last time Utd got a penalty at Anfield, Arsenal or Stamford Bridge, and there have been numerous blatant ones turned down in that time.
Staggering.

Liverpool get a penalty every season at OT.And Chelsea get one every season at SB.
Closed Thread