United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Alan Hansen was talking to Phil McNulty

para. "I have no hesitation in saying that if United win the League and European Cup this season it will blow the 1999 Treble out of the water in terms of Fergie's achievements. United aren't in the class of the 99 version, or even of the 2008 version"

What a load of old %@#$&!s. Just rationalising his season-long mantra about United playing shit, being shit, and getting lucky. For a start off most of the players were part of the 2008 squad you @#%&!. And the changes have mostly been progressive - this current United squad is the best we've ever had, can play in more ways tactically than any other we've ever had, and in is a position to continue a 5 year run that is the most successful in the club's history.

"Just like all great sides United have had decisions go their way"

Er, yeah. Just like all sides really, great and small. And no decisions have gone against us at all.

"Arsenal are technically the best team in the league"

£#%&! off

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13224208.stm

Unread 29-04-2011, 03:02 PM
wonky no

Default Re: Alan Hansen was talking to Phil McNulty

i think its cute

Unread 29-04-2011, 03:25 PM
S/Side.Red

He's probably the laziest pundit around these days. I'm not sure he actually watches football anymore.

Unread 29-04-2011, 03:32 PM
red in cumbria

McNulty's an ABU, isn't he??

Unread 29-04-2011, 03:54 PM
borsuk

don't think this squad is the best we've ever had by a fair way but hansen is thieving a living as a pundit, the only thing that makes him look vaguely thoughtful is the fact that he usually has the intellectual vacuum that is alan shearer and that grinning idiot lineker next to him on the sofa.

Unread 29-04-2011, 03:57 PM
armchair

arsenal are technically a 5 a side team with too many players on the pitch imo

Unread 29-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Rhodzy

Wenger bringing out his 'successful Man Utd player which we saw first' again with Hernandez. Every time.

Unread 29-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Mr_Ed

Would you have a beautiful wife who didn't put out or a good looking wife who was pure filth?

Unread 29-04-2011, 04:21 PM
florentino ariza

i like Hansen and if you take those comments in context he is very very complimentary about Ferguson

Unread 29-04-2011, 04:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
McNulty's an ABU, isn't he??
one of the biggest around.... he used to work for the Echo la as their wall pushers reporter now works for the Beeb ...total ABU @#%&!stain

Unread 29-04-2011, 04:46 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by florentino ariza
i like Hansen and if you take those comments in context he is very very complimentary about Ferguson
yeah agreed the bit where he sayss Arsenal are the best team in the league is very complimentary to Fergie and Uniited

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:01 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yeah agreed the bit where he sayss Arsenal are the best team in the league is very complimentary to Fergie and Uniited
Arsenal may be the best in terms of technical ability and being pleasing on the eye, Chelsea had a flier but have lost their way in parts of the season and City have ground stuff out. United have been a combination of all those things but have shown their qualities and superiority when it has mattered most.

most of what he says is fair

this side hasn't the quality of '99 and '08. we haven't been great this year and away form has been poor in general

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:03 PM
armchair

Quote:
if you leave words out of sentences chances are you will lose their real.

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Arsenal may be the best in terms of technical ability and being pleasing on the eye, Chelsea had a flier but have lost their way in parts of the season and City have ground stuff out. United have been a combination of all those things but have shown their qualities and superiority when it has mattered most.

most of what he says is fair

this side hasn't the quality of '99 and '08. we haven't been great this year and away form has been poor in general
sso 'we haven't been great' wonder how 'great' fans of the crybabies, Rent Boys Dippers or Taches would be feeling if they were six points clear, closing in on a 19th title and another European Cup Final with a club £600million in debt and not able to compete with their so called riivals in the transfer market.....really think about it

I agree we haven't been great....in the circumstances we have been £#%&!ing magnificent...hth

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:06 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
if you leave words out of sentences chances are you will lose their real.

think we both know what he really meant, technically

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:06 PM
thatsfuctit

in 99 the midfield of Beckham Scholes Keane Giggs meant we had players who were amongst the best or were the best in their roles in world football at the time, with all due respects to the current midfield options, they aren't.

that considered if we were to do the PL ECL double it would be a £#%&!ing mental achievement

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:08 PM
florentino ariza

Quote:
sso 'we haven't been great' wonder how 'great' fans of the crybabies, Rent Boys Dippers or Taches would be feeling if they were six points clear, closing in on a 19th title and another European Cup Final with a club £600million in debt and not able to compete with their so called riivals in the transfer market.....really think about it

I agree we haven't been great....in the circumstances we have been £#%&!ing magnificent...hth
what an astonishing crock of shite reasoning

have we played great football this year like we did in those 2 years mentioned. no we haven't

i'm not complaining about being top and 19 is the all important target for me, everything else is an irrelevance but you can't escape the truth which is that all the teams thjis year have under performed, none have the strength of first team or squad of previous years

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:10 PM
beansy

Love Hansen, never seen a pundit who creams so much over United as him. Especially as ex-vermin.

Not everyone's an ABU you £#%&!ing shit the beds.

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

have we played great football this year like we did in those 2 years mentioned. no we haven't

i'm not complaining about being top and 19 is the all important target for me, everything else is an irrelevance but you can't escape the truth which is that all the teams thjis year have under performed, none have the strength of first team or squad of previous years
remember who posted it.

kev is £#%&!ing clueless.

hansen is an excellent pundit and always speaks in positive terms about united. he is complimentary to the point that a lot of vermin slag him for it.

kev in getting it completely wrong again shocker

Unread 29-04-2011, 05:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

utter horseshit.....so Citeh don't have the same strength of squad of previous years ......and it must be another team called Chelsea that went out and spent £70MILLION in January on two players....yep gotta agree our rivals are really weaker these days

next you will be saying we are top by default....

btw tell me again in those two years mentioneed how many goals we conceded in Europe in comparison to this supposedly weaker team this year, shouldn't be too hard
Closed Thread