United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2011, 11:05 AM
irk

Default Re: Does anyone else think we're going to blow the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

What a big idiot.
anyone else read this in a partridge voice?

Unread 24-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
nah Cassandra Trotter me.

Unread 24-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Chorlton74

i just dont see it. sure chelsea have hit some run of form, but i just think united are too good for them.

on top of winning number 19, we have a very very good chance of sending both blackburn and blackpool down within the space of 8 days.

Unread 24-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Pop

I have no doubt whatsoever that Utd will blow it.

Unread 24-04-2011, 11:19 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone else think we're going to blow the league?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Liz McDonald.

Unread 24-04-2011, 11:58 AM
armchair

I think we may drop points against chelsea and arsenal but will still will the league.

Unread 24-04-2011, 12:06 PM
ralph

We'll lose to chelsea and Arsenal but will beat Blackburn and then score 8 (hernandez all 8) against Blackpool to win the league on goal difference by one.

Unread 24-04-2011, 12:34 PM
elephantstone

We will beat arsenal next week and draw to chelsea.

Keep the faith

Unread 24-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Tiberian

It could quite easily go away from Utd, losses away to Arsenal and at home to Chelsea are conceivable, especially given the European distractions, and worst case scenario the poor away form could strike again at Blackburn.

Or we could win the next 2 league games, get a good result in Schalke, and have 2 weeks to prepare the team for a Champions League final and an opportunity to give games to Pogba, Ravel, Will Keane and Co.

I still expect it to go to the last set of fixtures really, but Utd should not be afraid, both Chelsea and Arsenal would take the position we are fretting over.

Unread 24-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Crumps

I didn't until I read this £#%&!ing thread.

Ruined my easter.

Thanks

Unread 24-04-2011, 12:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It could quite easily go away from Utd, losses away to Arsenal and at home to Chelsea are conceivable, especially given the European distractions, and worst case scenario the poor away form could strike again at Blackburn.

Or we could win the next 2 league games, get a good result in Schalke, and have 2 weeks to prepare the team for a Champions League final and an opportunity to give games to Pogba, Ravel, Will Keane and Co.

I still expect it to go to the last set of fixtures really, but Utd should not be afraid, both Chelsea and Arsenal would take the position we are fretting over
Yup, and we shouldn't forget that they very likely have to win all the rest of their games, not just beat us

The main danger, as ever, remains SAF's Holy Grail obsession. A win in midweek would hugely boost the league campaign

Unread 24-04-2011, 12:53 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Love how magic calls me out for saying 'man up' then uses 'Shabba'. Welcome to 1996 or what?

What a big idiot.

As for the league, we'll be fine, a draw at Arsenal will do us and we'll do Chelsea at home, even a draw in that would be fine. If we threw it away now it'd be a joke tbh.

I'm glad Fergie mentioned it, they're all talking like we've definitely lost the Arsenal and Chelsea games. "United need to win today because they've got Arsenal and Chelsea coming up" yes, we do, which means they have to play us, the team which is the top of the league, and they have to beat us.

We'll win it at Blackburn.

Unread 24-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
i just dont see it. sure chelsea have hit some run of form, but i just think united are too good for them.

on top of winning number 19, we have a very very good chance of sending both blackburn and blackpool down within the space of 8 days.

I think Fergie woud like to send Blackburn down. We beat them, then all our team take of their shirts to reveal undershirts with "This is for you Sam" written on it.

I never understood what those Indian millionairs were thinking. They come in with their chicken feed money (pun intended), buy the club and then sack a decent manager that would keep them in the PL. The wanted to "get a big name in", but of course no "big name" was £#%&!ing interested, so they bring in someone without a lot of experience and lo and behold the results.

Just what the £#%&! were they thinking ?

Unread 24-04-2011, 01:26 PM
denis lawless

the way i look at it is this.....if the roles were reversed and we were 6 points behind at this stage...with us having their fixtures and them having ours, would i feel confident we could turn it around

answer is no.....

so therefore i feel confident we'll need silver polish come may.

Unread 24-04-2011, 01:30 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I think Fergie woud like to send Blackburn down. We beat them, then all our team take of their shirts to reveal undershirts with "This is for you Sam" written on it.

I never understood what those Indian millionairs were thinking. They come in with their chicken feed money (pun intended), buy the club and then sack a decent manager that would keep them in the PL. The wanted to "get a big name in", but of course no "big name" was £#%&!ing interested, so they bring in someone without a lot of experience and lo and behold the results.

Just what the £#%&! were they thinking ?
jerome anderson

Unread 24-04-2011, 01:33 PM
djsst

Win it at Blackburn and piss on citys chips

Unread 24-04-2011, 01:59 PM
believe

will we £#%&! you giant @#%&!

Unread 24-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

I don't think we'll see them even if the title is won, due to the relegation implications of our last two fixtures.

Unread 24-04-2011, 04:24 PM
dunk

If we manage to lose the title from here the whole £#%&!ing lot of them need selling.

Unread 24-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

United have played Arsenal and Chelsea 6 times between them this season and won 5 and got mugged off in the other one.
Closed Thread