United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2007, 01:23 PM
violater

rossi and pique are both at ot next season...

i think players like heinze,silvestre etc will be moved,

leaving us with a rich, youthful squad...

Unread 31-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Whalefish

Hope you're right Vio.

Interesting to note having watched both Pique and Evans this season they're both players who don't panic under pressure and play a passing game. Not seen either resort to the old fashioned hit and hope much. Good, solid, distribution from what I saw.

Unread 31-05-2007, 01:28 PM
believe

I personally don't think Rossi is good enough. He is one them players that has some good striking atributes and you really want to do well but I seriously don't think he could cut a 50-60 game English season. My opinion that's all folks.

Unread 31-05-2007, 01:29 PM
violater

evans and simpson will be on loan next season. they are no where near ready

its safe to say bardsley isnt good enough imo....
remember he came with the richardson, fletcher,eagles and d jones wave of players...
the ones who have made it are k-rich and fletcher while jones and others moved on..

rossi and pique will be united players and i have a feeling they will be squad players next season.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:35 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manchester
Possibly sooner, as they'll both no doubt be in the squad for Saturdays Euro 2008 game

Ronnie's suspended for that game unfortunately (for portugal).

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I personally don't think Rossi is good enough. He is one them players that has some good striking atributes and you really want to do well but I seriously don't think he could cut a 50-60 game English season. My opinion that's all folks.
Isn't he a bit young to be written off? I don't think Anderson or nani are ready for a 60 game English season, didn't stop us shelling out for them. I'd actually like to see him given a go before binning him.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:40 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Isn't he a bit young to be written off? I don't think Anderson or nani are ready for a 60 game English season, didn't stop us shelling out for them. I'd actually like to see him given a go before binning him.
you dont sign players for 17m-ish each at 19 for them to sit on the bench..

believe me these players will be introduced and become regulars this season.

alot of scouting has been maye for about 2 years imo....

i can see giggs not starting games anymore.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:43 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
I'd actually like to see him given a go before binning him.

Me too, but where the hell do you shoehorn him in ?

Obviously we need an out and out striker which Rossi certainly isn't, so for the squad to open up for him, we'll need to get shot of 2 strikers, and Ole doesn't count before anyone mentions him, he doesn't get a look in now.

Smith and Saha would have to go IMO, and I want Louie to stay for the time being.

I'd say Rossi's days are numbered at OT.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
you dont sign players for 17m-ish each at 19 for them to sit on the bench..
believe me these players will be introduced and become regulars this season.

alot of scouting has been maye for about 2 years imo....

i can see giggs not starting games anymore.
They won't start too many games this side of christmas imo. We are actually in the position of being able to gradually bring these players in slowly and not throwing them in at the deep end like Ronnie such is the strength of our first 11. This can only be a good thing and they along with others will have a normal pre season.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:48 PM
El Calafate

Utd bought Veron and Ruud and then sold Stam. I'm expecting either one big sale or 6 squad players to go. nft.

Unread 31-05-2007, 02:59 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
evans and simpson will be on loan next season. they are no where near ready

its safe to say bardsley isnt good enough imo....
remember he came with the richardson, fletcher,eagles and d jones wave of players...
the ones who have made it are k-rich and fletcher while jones and others moved on..

rossi and pique will be united players and i have a feeling they will be squad players next season.
Depends what you mean by 'made it'. The problem is, they probably think they've 'made it' too which is one reason why they'll never amount to anything. The main reason is because they're not very good at football.

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Me too, but where the hell do you shoehorn him in ?

Obviously we need an out and out striker which Rossi certainly isn't, so for the squad to open up for him, we'll need to get shot of 2 strikers, and Ole doesn't count before anyone mentions him, he doesn't get a look in now.

Smith and Saha would have to go IMO, and I want Louie to stay for the time being.

I'd say Rossi's days are numbered at OT.
I'd say we have Saha and Rooney as strikers at the moment, Ole is done for me and Smith just doesn't score enough. That'd make Rossi our 3rd choice striker. Don't see a problem and though he isn't an out and out striker he's a natural finisher and can play more than one position. Why considering that would he get written off so young when so many have hung around without his talent level?

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Partly correct.

K-Rich will be gutted.
Fletcher - unaffected, his future lies in the middle anyway.
Smith - unaffected, his future lies as one of the 3 or 4 options upfront. All this love-in about fast playing, technical speed merchants is well and good, but there will be games where we are crying out for a man of Smith's calibre to be piling into e.g. Michael Ball at full peck.
OGS - hasn't he already announced he is off at the end of next season? Wasn't he the Prem player with the best ratio of goals to mins on pitch last season? He'll be even more of a supersub next season but no worries.
Giggles - gutted, but mainly at the cruel nature in which Father Time asks you for a fag and then kicks you in the %@#$&!s. If SAF could cyrogenially preserve 2 players for ever, I bet he would wallop Giggs and Scholes into the Deep Freeze.

What a great pair of signings - I think we will be losing....

Heinze
K-Rich
Saha

and that is it. Brilliant.
OGS joining coaching staff

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Depends what you mean by 'made it'. The problem is, they probably think they've 'made it' too which is one reason why they'll never amount to anything. The main reason is because they're not very good at football.
I don't think that's fair about Fletcher. Richardson maybe but not Fletcher. He looks like a player who tries, he never stops running and he gets better with every game he plays. He's a decent squad player and he certainly doesn't look complacent.

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:22 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
I'd say we have Saha and Rooney as strikers at the moment, Ole is done for me and Smith just doesn't score enough. That'd make Rossi our 3rd choice striker. Don't see a problem and though he isn't an out and out striker he's a natural finisher and can play more than one position. Why considering that would he get written off so young when so many have hung around without his talent level?

Purely because it seems likely we'll get another out and out striker, pushing Rossi down to 4th choice, which just isn't fair on the poor lad.

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:41 PM
MUFC

I don't think Giggs will be worried with the new signings - I think he will relish the challenge. He was brilliant this season (don't let the Cup Final and remainder of the season cloud your memories) he faded towards the end due to fatigue of so many games.

He will be able to longer rests between games. He is on the verge of breaking the club appearance record, 1 more title from 10 league titles - He will still have the hunger!!

He will be one of the 1st people that Fergie turns to next season when he needs a big game player.

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:43 PM
El Calafate

Fletcher is crap. nft.

Unread 31-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Salien

Al this talk about Rossi not being and out and out striker! How many goals do you have to score before you are considered a goal scorer? Seem to remember him banging them in for the reserves and scoring a couple for Parma. I also seem to remember Fergie likening him to Lineker. You don't get much more out and out than that
Closed Thread