United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:44 PM
The Real Roxanne

Default Who is going to be sold to pay for these three new players?

The rejects don't add up to the fees. Who else is out?

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Ed Sullivan

Ferie.

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:47 PM
waynes ear's

hughes, ince, kanchelskis

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:47 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
hughes, ince, kanchelskis
Avoid the question if you wish.

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:48 PM
rebelcountyred

i cannot see us buying anyone else, if that is the case it is most likely that saha and fergie have mended their bridges, heinze, smith, richardson, bardsley and one of brown or oshea could all be sold, i'm also starting to wonder about the giggs to spurs rumour, no smoke without fire eh

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Ed Sullivan

I think there's alot of business about these deals that we don't know about. We probably never will either. It's a very un-united approach to transfer dealings.

But who cares, they're gonna be great to watch.

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:50 PM
NYSalfordRed

or a big striker type player ( not crouch big )

We obviously have some money to spend, all the deals done will be a few million now etc over 3-5 years so our out lay on Nani Andersen + Hargreaves (fingers crossed) will probably be 15 million up front say.

We will offload a couple for about 10 million ( Heinze 4-5 + a couple of others )

I would predict enough cash for an up front cash deposit of say 15 million for a 25-35 million striker.

What do we think?

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:51 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSalfordRed
or a big striker type player ( not crouch big )

We obviously have some money to spend, all the deals done will be a few million now etc over 3-5 years so our out lay on Nani Andersen + Hargreaves (fingers crossed) will probably be 15 million up front say.

We will offload a couple for about 10 million ( Heinze 4-5 + a couple of others )

I would predict enough cash for an up front cash deposit of say 15 million for a 25-35 million striker.

What do we think?
You're missing the point. The club is in debt. Who, as well as the make-weights, will be sold to buy these new boys?

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:56 PM
shyteds

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Roxanne
You're missing the point. The club is in debt. Who, as well as the make-weights, will be sold to buy these new boys?

Pray tell Roxy why? Are some other high profile European clubs not in debt but still manage to buy big?

Who do you think will be on the way????????

And is this speculative or factual??????????????

Unread 30-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
No-one.

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:01 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyteds
Pray tell Roxy why? Are some other high profile European clubs not in debt but still manage to buy big?

Who do you think will be on the way????????

And is this speculative or factual??????????????
Some other high profile clubs are in debt but not in the same way, i.e. paying for players or a new ground and not paying the debt the 'owner' incurred on 'buying' the club. I've no idea who will be on the way. I asked a question about it. It's speculation of course, where have I mentioned any fact?

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:02 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
No-one.
Is that speculation or fact?

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Is that speculation or fact?
Are you speculating or do you have facts?

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Camel

josh howard and nicky platt - should raise about 20 mil.

karl marginson's agreed to take on a few sailors for some bum fun to make up the shortfall.

one love.

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:12 PM
NYSalfordRed

we have money, you can buy a 100k house with a deposit of 500 quid, its the same principle, the money for players will be eeked out over 3-5 years so if we had 25 million in the kitty, they will deposit that for 3-? players and pay the rest, dont forget the club does have an income.

They will continue to securitize the debt for better terms until they either sell or recoup over time.

Its the american business model, debt is king its how they do it for all businesses from Trump to Citi Group. its not what we are taught at school ( always pay off debt etc ) but every rich person ( with a very few exceptions does it)

Unread 30-05-2007, 11:16 PM
shyteds

Quote:
Some other high profile clubs are in debt but not in the same way, i.e. paying for players or a new ground and not paying the debt the 'owner' incurred on 'buying' the club. I've no idea who will be on the way. I asked a question about it. It's speculation of course, where have I mentioned any fact?

Debt is debt Roxy regardless if it’s on players, the ground or secured on the club.

The issues regarding united and debt have been done a million times.

Regardless who is in charge of the club we are all pawns who are expected to pick up the bill.

Fact is many United fans have turned their backs on their club. Some have regretted it some have not.

Some players will go in the summer, but the high profile players going would not make economic sense. What exactly has drawn these new signings to United. The history of the club. Yes. The potential to win things. Yes The assurances of the manager. Yes. A club stripped down to leave Lord Snooty as the most prised asset. Erm i don’t think so.

Unread 31-05-2007, 06:59 AM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Debt is debt Roxy regardless if it’s on players, the ground or secured on the club.

The issues regarding united and debt have been done a million times.

Regardless who is in charge of the club we are all pawns who are expected to pick up the bill.

Fact is many United fans have turned their backs on their club. Some have regretted it some have not.

Some players will go in the summer, but the high profile players going would not make economic sense. What exactly has drawn these new signings to United. The history of the club. Yes. The potential to win things. Yes The assurances of the manager. Yes. A club stripped down to leave Lord Snooty as the most prised asset. Erm i don’t think so.
Who said all the high-priced players would be going? I asked a serious question. Any chance you could even try to answer it? And yes, I understand all about the history of the club. I've no previous with you shyteds, but you're sounding incredibly bitter.

Unread 31-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Whalefish

No idea Roxy. I'm pretty sure the fees will spread out over the length of their contracts - they usually are. Not sure about Hargreaves though one of the sticking points was Munich wanting all, or the majority, of the fee up front.

If these two kids make it, plus some of the youngsters coming through, I'd argue Utd won't need to add much in the next 3/4 transfer windows. The odd player here or there but that's it.

However, Saha and Heinze apart I can't see any of the other players generating much of a fee. Richardson perhaps? English, has a left foot...

Unread 31-05-2007, 07:16 AM
red @rmy

Richardson
Heinze
Saha
Kuzack (sp)
Simpson
Rossi (thinks these signings mean the end for Rossi)

Unread 31-05-2007, 07:17 AM
forzagarza

Quote:

Some players will go in the summer, but the high profile players going would not make economic sense.
Such as Hughes, Ince, Kanchelskis. Obviosuly that wored out well but everyone was shocked.

I personally beleive as NYSalford Red sais we'll be paying a deposit this year and there's plenty who can go who would probably make a large chunk up of that- doubt any really big names will go. It looks like good business but none are actually signed yet anyway so we'll see.
Closed Thread