Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2019, 04:24 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf Smalling is doing well.
At defending
He's still and will always be abysmal on the ball

If we want to progress as a side and get back to being one of the best sides in Europe then you can't have someone so woeful on the ball
Most top teams have keepers much better on the ball than Smalling

Unread 13-03-2019, 04:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Right wing is by far the biggest problem in the team followed by right back then a midfielder. The Centre backs aren't top class but they are more than adequate if Herrera had a more mobile partner in the centre.
This tbh. Deffinitely need the attack, midfield and the fullback positions sorting first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
At defending
He's still and will always be abysmal on the ball

If we want to progress as a side and get back to being one of the best sides in Europe then you can't have someone so woeful on the ball
Most top teams have keepers much better on the ball than Smalling
Tbf, even that looks to be getting better, been striding out and picking passes since his return

Unread 13-03-2019, 05:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I was going to ask on what basis would Tuanzebe be considered a first choice center back for us but decided to check wiki first and found my answer.
Isn't he getting rave reviews at his current loan?

Unread 13-03-2019, 05:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly and Jones is plenty at CB tbh.

Unless we could get de Ligt or someone obvs..
Yeah I agree.

Unless we can get a top tier talent like De Ligt I’d rather we spend the money in other positions and give Tuanzabe a few games in the rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Isn't he getting rave reviews at his current loan?
He’s injured at the moment, but has played well for them I think?

Unread 13-03-2019, 09:33 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
According to a number of rags this morning.

Decided a centre back is no longer required and wants to use the funds to buy some attacking options - and the #1 target is Sancho.

I like his optimism but we are crying out for another centre back ffs.
Woodwards and glazers yes man Ole?

Disgrace if true.

Unread 13-03-2019, 10:04 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Smalling, Lindelof, Bailly and Jones is plenty at CB tbh.

Unless we could get de Ligt or someone obvs..
Bailly and Jones are a waste of space.

Unread 13-03-2019, 11:42 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Boring @#%&!.
Yes, that too.

Unread 13-03-2019, 11:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Bailly and Jones are a waste of space.
The latter literally is, given that he is almost never fit enough to play

Unread 14-03-2019, 06:45 PM
Whalefish

Bailly, Jones and Rojo can't be relied on for different reasons. Folly not to bring a CB in and two of those need binning asap. I suspect what's happening (if Ole has the job) is that he's now aware of the budget he'll have. May explain links to the Spurs CB again today and for £25million I'd have him in if it meant signing someone like the Palace RB, an attacking midfielder (Fernandes?) and a right sided attacker.

I would love the Napoli CB but I don't see Ed signing that one off. Madness really given how good Van Dijk has been for Liverpool, imperious last night and he has made a huge difference to their best XI.

Unread 14-03-2019, 06:50 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Bailly, Jones and Rojo can't be relied on for different reasons. Folly not to bring a CB in and two of those need binning asap. I suspect what's happening (if Ole has the job) is that he's now aware of the budget he'll have. May explain links to the Spurs CB again today and for £25million I'd have him in if it meant signing someone like the Palace RB, an attacking midfielder (Fernandes?) and a right sided attacker.

I would love the Napoli CB but I don't see Ed signing that one off. Madness really given how good Van Dijk has been for Liverpool, imperious last night and he has made a huge difference to their best XI.
VVD could legitimately win the CL for them.

He’s a £#%&!ing immense centre back.

To buy him now would cost £125m

Those 4 signings sound good.

Unread 14-03-2019, 07:13 PM
Whalefish

Got no idea re Fernandes, press seem to be reporting that Ole wants an attacking midfielder and his name keeps cropping up. Seems able to create and score goals but it's a big step up from Lisbon to United.

Unread 02-04-2019, 08:43 PM
saffers

Smh.

Unread 02-04-2019, 09:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Smh.
Laurel and Hardy at centre back.

When will they ever learn?

Unread 02-04-2019, 10:07 PM
Sparky***

Better send in Jones to get those plans back off the shelf...

Unread 03-04-2019, 08:00 AM
dinger

One of Smalling or Jones (or both) will start in our first game next season wont they? its inevitable isnt it? ffs

They've stole a £#%&!ing wage at United along with that hunchback Young

Unread 17-04-2019, 07:43 AM
saffers

Maybe another cl exit next season(if we manage to scrape 4th) with the same backline.

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:00 AM
Clownbones

Midfield 'playmaker'
Right back
Right sided attacker
Centre half

In that order.

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:29 AM
ZiggyStardust

We only have 2 CBs in the squad who want to be on the ball and are actually good on the ball
One is Lindelof and the other is on loan at Villa
Everyone else is either shit on the ball or terrified of it and usually both

We have to sign a CB who of course can defend but also doesn't treat the ball as if it's a hand grenade that's about to go off

Unread 17-04-2019, 08:29 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Midfield 'playmaker'
Right back
Right sided attacker
Centre half

In that order.
Agree with the signings but not the order. I just want us to sign a proper right winger. It's been so long. And proper fullbacks. We keep playing (shit) wingers as fullbacks and we've even started to play a fullback as a winger. What the £#%&! has happened to us?

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:02 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Midfield 'playmaker'
Right back
Right sided attacker
Centre half

In that order.
Could do with a striker who knows how to put the ball in the net on a regular basis too.
Closed Thread