United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2019, 10:39 PM
suedeshoes

Oh. Is he shit again now? State of the Internet reds.

Unread 22-12-2019, 11:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Didn't this guy used to make amazing saves?

What happened to that?
He's made amazing saves just this season tbf.

Unread 23-12-2019, 11:12 AM
windy waffles

Apparently no goalkeeper in the PL since the start of 2018/2019 has made more errors leading to goals than our highest paid goalkeeper in the world.

Unread 23-12-2019, 11:30 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPolk
I would have to be drunk to image that ever happen. It would in reality be the other way around the Great Dane would just have crushed the oppoment,

considering our situation I feel we have four chooses:
1. Buy Schmeichel jr
2. Give Romero a change
3. Promote Henderson
4. Stick with de gea.
5. Life

You can pick up on his faults all you like but replacing De Gea would literally change nothing. He’s been in the top three in Europe for about eight years yet here is still playing with the expectation for him to save us games more with each passing season because of the shite in front of him. Like sparky said, him making that mistake yesterday should not have lost a game against Watford.

Unread 23-12-2019, 11:35 AM
NedKelly

Confidence isn’t just an internal thing. If you’re around slop your standards are going to fall. De Gea spent a good few years saving our backsides; that season we had one of the best defensive records in the league? That was more down to de Gea making regular freak saves than our defenders being anything special. As others have said, there isn’t a keeper out there that would improve us as a team, it just doesn’t work like that. When we have an actual midfield, and when our defenders aren’t making stupid mistakes game in, game out, then you might see a more balanced de Gea. He is the least of our problems right now.

Unread 23-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Whiteside onside

De Gea is a top keeper and has been our players of the season a few times.
The bedwetting about a couple of mistakes is cringworthy.
He has pulled us out of the shit many times and will continue to do so.

I would be more concerned about the worlds most expensive defender and the pansie that plays alongside him

Unread 23-12-2019, 07:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
De Gea is a top keeper and has been our players of the season a few times.
The bedwetting about a couple of mistakes is cringworthy.
He has pulled us out of the shit many times and will continue to do so.

I would be more concerned about the worlds most expensive defender and the pansie that plays alongside him
More concerned at our lack of ability to score against bottom of the league to be honest. Happily win or lose 5-4 rather than this turgid shite.

Unread 23-12-2019, 07:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
More concerned at our lack of ability to score against bottom of the league to be honest. Happily win or lose 5-4 rather than this turgid shite.
Yep.

Scoring goals is a big problem for us and has been for years.

Unread 23-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Chester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
you could have cut and paste this post from the Moyes or Van Gaal eras, but I actually think what we are seeing now is worse

Unread 23-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Cream

Anybody can see he's dropped off.

Was telling when one of the pundits said after his latest bunder: 'he's still one of the best goalkeepers in the world'.

Used to be 'the best'.

Unread 23-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Anybody can see he's dropped off.

Was telling when one of the pundits said after his latest bunder: 'he's still one of the best goalkeepers in the world'.

Used to be 'the best'.
Fair comment.

Unread 28-12-2019, 10:05 PM
Whiteside onside

Top save tonight again

Unread 22-06-2020, 01:16 PM
dunk

That contract is starting to look Rooney-esque

Unread 22-06-2020, 01:42 PM
Baron

He's not a concern. A better defensive midfielder that build attacks & a world class right sided attacker are where the money should be going. Henderson is not as good a keeper as De Gea is yet, he can have one more year out to prove he can do it every week in the league & if they get European football even better. We'd still get suitors for De Gea, and if I'm honest I'd probably even be tempted to cash in on both of them & sign Oblak instead should we have to get to that point.

Unread 22-06-2020, 01:54 PM
ScarFace

He makes amazing saves but then lets in simple goals The guy needs to get good or get gone m8 !

Unread 22-06-2020, 02:33 PM
windy waffles

Has become a liability. Not been the same since the 2018 World Cup.

Unread 22-06-2020, 03:01 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Has become a liability. Not been the same since the 2018 World Cup.
Funny, I read an article earlier where Gary Neville was saying exactly the same thing.

Unread 22-06-2020, 03:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Funny, I read an article earlier where Gary Neville was saying exactly the same thing.
Tbf to Koppas, it’s not exactly a state secret.

Unread 22-06-2020, 03:55 PM
suedeshoes

Brilliant goalkeeper. We don't have any other players who are as good in their positions as he is in his.

Unread 22-06-2020, 04:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Brilliant goalkeeper. We don't have any other players who can be as good in their positions as he is in his.
There you go.
Closed Thread