armchair

would love a full back first tbh

Unread 20-02-2019, 01:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
would love a full back first tbh
Mendy, Lyon's LB last night and Wan-Bissaka

Sorted with 2 options for each and Young to fill in where required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Sounds too one dimensional so it’s a no from me
Your confusing my description with Kante, who apparently can't play his role 8 feet to the right of where he would normally operate from

Unread 20-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Your confusing my description with Kante, who apparently can't play his role 8 feet to the right of where he would normally operate from
What about Dalot then?

Unread 20-02-2019, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
What about Dalot then?
He would be the 2nd RB option. The 2 can battle it out, Young there in the event of injuries/absolute desperation.

Shaw/Mendy LB
Dalot/Wan-Bissaka RB

Get rid of Rojo, Darmian and Valencia and it should balance out nicely.

If only it were that simple

Unread 20-02-2019, 01:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
He would be the 2nd RB option. The 2 can battle it out, Young there in the event of injuries/absolute desperation.

Shaw/Mendy LB
Dalot/Wan-Bissaka RB

Get rid of Rojo, Darmian and Valencia and it should balance out nicely.

If only it were that simple
Something like this over the next three windows is what we should be aiming for.

Same with centre back. Sign a quality centre back to add to Linders and Smalling with Bailey and Tuanzabe that’s a solid set of centre backs (on paper).

We need at least three for midfield imo, assuming we sell Fred. Add a couple of attackers and we should have a good looking squad?

What’s Richarlison been like at Everton?

Desperate for a good director of football to work alongside the first team manager on getting the right players in for our style of play instead of the mismatch strategy we’ve had for a while.

Unread 20-02-2019, 01:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Something like this over the next three windows is what we should be aiming for.

Same with centre back. Sign a quality centre back to add to Linders and Smalling with Bailey and Tuanzabe that’s a solid set of centre backs (on paper).

We need at least three for midfield imo, assuming we sell Fred. Add a couple of attackers and we should have a good looking squad?

What’s Richarlison been like at Everton?

Desperate for a good director of football to work alongside the first team manager on getting the right players in for our style of play instead of the mismatch strategy we’ve had for a while.
I'd agree with that. 2 or 3 aggressive windows of moving players on and in, with a bit of good scouting would do us the World of good. Just finding those 1 or 2 absolute Worldies will be the issue..

Unread 20-02-2019, 01:57 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

I was pulling your pisser pal but to be honest that comment in reply tells me all I need to know. 8 feet to the right?
as you said earlier......if only it was that simple

Unread 20-02-2019, 02:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
I was pulling your pisser pal but to be honest that comment in reply tells me all I need to know. 8 feet to the right?
as you said earlier......if only it was that simple
I was doing the same tbf.

Did hear somebody say he can't play where Sarri is currently using him though, which isn't a glowing testimony, really.

Unread 20-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Buck

Don't think it's Kante not playing well that is the issue. It's the guy who has taken over his position doing a lousy job which is why everyone wonders why not put Kante back in the middle.

Unread 20-02-2019, 02:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Don't think it's Kante not playing well that is the issue. It's the guy who has taken over his position doing a lousy job which is why everyone wonders why not put Kante back in the middle.
My complaint was he was a bit one dimensional, hence I have no interest in United signing him, apparently I was right..

By the by anyway, no way Chelsea sell him, especially not to us.

Unread 20-02-2019, 09:04 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
My complaint was he was a bit one dimensional, hence I have no interest in United signing him, apparently I was right..

By the by anyway, no way Chelsea sell him, especially not to us.
Maybe it’s like Mourinho with Pogba? Under Ole he ll be a world beater and even better than David Brooks

Unread 20-02-2019, 09:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Maybe it’s like Mourinho with Pogba? Under Ole he ll be a world beater and even better than David Brooks
Top Young player on the rise.

Unread 06-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Vedder

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:05 AM
messhead

Hopefully Woodward is taking note that this is what happens when your main objective is top 4 and not winning the league. He'll no doubt just see it as an issue to be solved by throwing more money at it.

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:43 AM
Sparky***

Do £#%&!ing what?

You’re playing for Lyon you @#%&!.

Unread 06-04-2019, 11:58 AM
Cream

Jeez lads, it's just a bit of conjecture from a journo's fingertips.

Give the fella a chance!

Unread 06-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

He wants to go to psg

Lyon's president has said he would be happy to sell to psg if offer is right. And the psg owner is a wonderful man who he respects.

Do not waste time.

Unread 06-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Cream

Exclamation

£#%&! this two bit #@&%!.

Get big Memph back.

Unread 06-04-2019, 12:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
He wants to go to psg

Lyon's president has said he would be happy to sell to psg if offer is right. And the psg owner is a wonderful man who he respects.

Do not waste time.
Could say that about each and every player linked thus far tbh..

Unread 06-04-2019, 07:44 PM
sa7

Quote:
Could say that about each and every player linked thus far tbh..
Could say it before the start of next season to be fair
Closed Thread