United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Crumps

Love how they have sold every last part of their soul in their race to become everything they spent 25 years claiming to be against. There is so little connecting them to the team that used to play at Maine Road now, just the English franchise of a Middle Eastern money laundering operation, no more.

Unread 05-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Switching Off

Silva a doubt for the derby.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y-injury-doubt

Unread 05-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
oh no, They might have to rely on £45m bernardo silva then.

Unread 05-12-2017, 05:57 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Love how they have sold every last part of their soul in their race to become everything they spent 25 years claiming to be against. There is so little connecting them to the team that used to play at Maine Road now, just the English franchise of a Middle Eastern money laundering operation, no more.
Who'd have thought ciddy, of all clubs, would become an embarrassing bunch of crass vulgarians the minute they got their hands on some lucra

Unread 05-12-2017, 06:16 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Who'd have thought ciddy, of all clubs, would become an embarrassing bunch of crass vulgarians the minute they got their hands on some lucra
Always had a begrudging respect for how most City fans I know conducted themselves. They have handled success terribly. Will go on about us being like Liverpool even though we have won things more recently than them. Lots of whataboutary every time anything is questioned too and ignore that they’ve spent more than us despite spending half a decade out of the top division and the fact out spending was easily comparable in the early PL days they just bought shit.

Unread 05-12-2017, 06:47 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
he fact out spending was easily comparable in the early PL days they just bought shit.
Remember when Keith Curle (who cost more than Pallister) told us Rick Holden was the best winger in the world? 3.5 mill for Terry Phelan too...

Unread 05-12-2017, 07:10 PM
djsst

Forward with Franny....bitter as ever.

Quote:
“I am semi-retired but I have got three or four projects coming along. I would never really retire but I like to have time to myself, relaxing time. You know the most interesting thing I am doing at the moment? Watching Manchester City. I am a kid again. I get to games when I can but mostly I can’t wait for them to come on television. Doesn’t matter where I am, I have got to watch them.

“I occasionally see Fergie [Sir Alex Ferguson] at the races and get on fine with him. I am going to leave this one for another year or so, but I will remind him of that headline in the paper. ‘It will take them two-hundred years before they catch us up,’ was what he said.”

Waiting for a year isn’t a random decision but a reflection of the caution that comes with the DNA of most seasoned Manchester City fans. Wait until Pep Guardiola’s team has won something, then talk. “Typical City,” was the reaction when things went wrong and the umbilical cord connecting City fans to fatalism cannot be so easily cut. Jill Lee comes with coffees. “A prime example here,” says her husband. “Jill will watch City go into a three-goal lead and all the time she’s waiting for things to go wrong. City concede a goal and she leaves the room, unable to watch what she imagines will be the inevitable collapse.”

Francis Lee thinks the old truths are now redundant. “In a wonderful way Pep is killing the phrase ‘typical City’. They are playing as good a football as we’ve seen from any team and long may it continue.”

Still, he’ll wait for the first title under Pep before reminding Ferguson of the 200-year comment.

His first season at City was his best, helping the team managed by Mercer and coached by Malcolm Allison to pip their Manchester neighbours on the final Saturday of the season to win the 1967-68 title. It was only City’s second league title. Eighteen days later United beat Benfica 4-1 to win the European Cup for the first time.

Lee has a definite view about the relative merits of the teams at that time. “Their three best players, Best, Law and Charlton, were better than our three best players but as a team, they weren’t in the same league as us. During my time at City I played about 15 times against that United team and I think we lost two of those games. We nearly always dominated them. That season we won the league we went there and beat them 3-1.”

Kevin De Bruyne, he believes, will become the greatest player in City’s history and he loves watching Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane. “Extreme pace doesn’t often come with football intelligence but I think these two have got the intelligence to make the most of their fantastic pace.”

What would he say to Sir Alex if they met at the races. “I would say City are the better footballing side.” He doesn’t think United can ever play like City with slower midfielders such as Marouane Fellaini and Nemanja Matic.

“There’s one player I really like at United,” he says conspiratorially. But then, pointing at the tape recorder he asks “Is that off?”

Unread 05-12-2017, 07:21 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Remember when Keith Curle (who cost more than Pallister) told us Rick Holden was the best winger in the world? 3.5 mill for Terry Phelan too...
Lasted one season there, went to Oldham who promptly got relegated

Unread 05-12-2017, 11:19 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Forward with Franny....bitter as ever.
Quote:
“There’s one player I really like at United,” he says conspiratorially. But then, pointing at the tape recorder he asks “Is that off?

got to be mata. even rival fans can't find a reason to dislike him.

Unread 05-12-2017, 11:37 PM
sa7

Quote:
“A prime example here,” says her husband. “Jill will watch City go into a three-goal lead and all the time she’s waiting for things to go wrong. City concede a goal and she leaves the room, unable to watch what she imagines will be the inevitable collapse.
Let's be honest, she leaves the room because she knows the second she says the wrong thing she'll be feeling the back of Franny's hand. A very bitter beating.

Unread 05-12-2017, 11:53 PM
The Mull

Do they all have to wear the same clobber as Pep?

Unread 05-12-2017, 11:55 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Let's be honest, she leaves the room because she knows the second she says the wrong thing she'll be feeling the back of Franny's hand. A very bitter beating.

Fat little bog roll @#%&!.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:10 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You believe that shit?

A visit to “the doctor” and he’ll be fine.

Unread 06-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
You believe that shit?

A visit to “the doctor” and he’ll be fine.
Jose doesn’t

Unread 06-12-2017, 01:20 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
At least there’s plenty of toilet roll to mop up the blood.

Unread 06-12-2017, 03:03 AM
Crumps

City’s 7th attempt at the CL this season and all thy have to show for it is a solitary semi final appearance. It took us 5 attempts to win the Treble btw in the days where 3rd and 4th didn’t get you in there.

Unread 06-12-2017, 08:51 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven

got to be mata. even rival fans can't find a reason to dislike him.
Dave

Though it also must grind their gears that Rashford is red.

Unread 06-12-2017, 09:08 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mull
Do they all have to wear the same clobber as Pep?
They wear what their masters make them wear, or else.

Unread 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM
waynes ear's

"pub to watch the derby"

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/th...-derby.331819/

the city is theirs though

its ok, they'll be safe in a bowling alley

stay safe bloos

Unread 06-12-2017, 09:51 AM
Time For Heroes

Is it compulsory also to have 'blue' in their username the utter try hard #@&%!s?
Closed Thread