United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:32 PM
koppas

Unhappy I am genuinely worried that Ronaldo will leave in the summer

I just have a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Stop being a girl.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I don't think so anymore. United won't sell him.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I just have a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach.
no chance.

next summer for sure.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:36 PM
koppas

Well if not this summer, definitely next summer.

As for you antonin, not being a girl. Just that if Real come crawling, I can see him kicking up a fuss. To be honest, I couldn't blame him. He isn't a UTD fan like we all are, he would be nearer home and the climate would much more suit him. Thats the reasons why this whole Real thing worries me.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Ed Sullivan

we are more of a selling club than we have been in the last 10-15 years, however the lad is having such an impact I don't think the timing is right.

we'll get another season or two out of him.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:41 PM
El Calafate

http://www.as.com/articulo/futbol/Cr...sdaiftb_6/Tes/

The paper AS sent some journo's to his house this weekend to stir up some trouble. this is how Madrid and it's papers work. lets be honest, i think he'd be very happy to go there. the only thing in Utd's favour is that he has another 3 and half years to run on his contract. if he goes this summer Utd could get at least £35m for him. nft.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Skag Trendy

If we sell him we sell him.

We managed after selling far more important players than Ronaldo.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Well if not this summer, definitely next summer.

As for you antonin, not being a girl. Just that if Real come crawling, I can see him kicking up a fuss. To be honest, I couldn't blame him. He isn't a UTD fan like we all are, he would be nearer home and the climate would much more suit him. Thats the reasons why this whole Real thing worries me.
Sorry but you are being a girl. Stop it.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:51 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Sorry but you are being a girl. Stop it.
I apologise bedders.

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Pocket the 35m and buy Pennant

Jobs a good un

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy

yes but in the past we always replaced those players ... I can see us getting 30 mill for Ronaldo in the summer and spending 5

Unread 29-01-2007, 12:53 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy

None have had as much potential as this lad though.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
None have had as much potential as this lad though.
You've apologised, yet off you go being a girl again. Stop it.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:02 PM
S/Side.Red

You can expect months of this, and articles like that one in AS will be coming out every week.

I'd be more worried if Real were looking like a top club again. They're not. They won't win La Liga, they won't win the Champions League and Capello will be just the latest managerial casualty in the summer.

They've got a deep-rooted problem, and it’s difficult to see where they will go from here. Surely at the end of the season when they've finished 3rd or 4th in the league and sacked the manager who everyone thought would turn the club around, Ronaldo will realise that it's not the place to be.

They are the only possible destination, as no other club could afford him.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:04 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You can expect months of this, and articles like that one in AS will be coming out every week.

I'd be more worried if Real were looking like a top club again. They're not. They won't win La Liga, they won't win the Champions League and Capello will be just the latest managerial casualty in the summer.

They've got a deep-rooted problem, and it’s difficult to see where they will go from here. Surely at the end of the season when they've finished 3rd or 4th in the league and sacked the manager who everyone thought would turn the club around, Ronaldo will realise that it's not the place to be.

They are the only possible destination, as no other club could afford him.

Barca are in for him, (they'll probably lose Ronaldinho to Milan this summer!) so they will probably have a bit of spare cash. nft.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Can't imagine Ronaldinho wanting to go to Milan and play in the Uefa Cup.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Ed Sullivan

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...football_home&

Ronaldo's response is somewhat unnerving though.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Given that it is being reported by AS, I wouldn't believe a word of it.

I don't see what is wrong with what he's said. He's been told not to talk about Madrid, so he says that he can't speak on it and doesn't want any trouble.

Rest assured if there were any quotes about being happy at United they would have been omitted from the story.

AS went looking for some 'I love Madrid' quotes, didn't get any so came away saying "Well if he was allowed to speak, trust us - he'd say he loves Madrid"

Piss-poor reporting.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:40 PM
koppas

Ronaldo out.
Closed Thread