United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He'll be replaced by Lee Martin or Kieran Richardson.
Hope you're right.

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:54 PM
koppas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The only match i have seen him play was for Wales against Slovakia(I think) scored the free kick, but was poor defensively and looked physically out of his depth for much of the match.
Spot on.

Unread 30-01-2007, 02:59 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
after a great start to the season, giggs is back to his usual self. face like a smacked arse. nft.
Exactly, up there with scholes at the start, now he is just awful again

Unread 30-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
after a great start to the season, giggs is back to his usual self. face like a smacked arse. nft.
"Back to His Usual self" That would mean being a top player, our most effective creator of goals and chances. been off his game in the last 2 months, not being helped by being shifted inside a lot and disrupting his link up with Evra by bringing in Heinze in for a few games.

Unread 30-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Tropical

Default The

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Whatever you think of Giggs, it'll be almost impossible to replace him. We'll only understand his true worth when he hangs up his boots.

I £#%&!ing love that man.
only bit of that I'd disagree with is the "almost".

Giggs is the most consistent and sublime talent of his era in English football. It baffles me that he isn't held in the same universal esteem by United fans that Paul Scholes rightly is.

Unread 30-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Tiberian

[quote=Tropical;115960]only bit of that I'd disagree with is the "almost".

Giggs is the most consistent and sublime talent of his era in English football. It baffles me that he isn't held in the same universal esteem by United fans that Paul Scholes rightly is.[/QUOTE

Agreed, especially with the Scholes comparison who has been deified by Utd fans in recent years, we have heard that he has been underrated so often that he is almost becoming overrated in a reaction to it.

Unread 30-01-2007, 03:20 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He'll be replaced byKieran Richardson.
yessir

Unread 30-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
yessir
Martin and Richardson will need to step up their game big time to get in the team regularly. Probably too late for Richardson (hard to say with him not playing much), but hopefully one of them can do it - or another United youngster, at any rate.

Unread 30-01-2007, 04:08 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Martin and Richardson will need to step up their game big time to get in the team regularly. Probably too late for Richardson (hard to say with him not playing much), but hopefully one of them can do it - or another United youngster, at any rate.
lee martin is more likely to do so though.

richardson will just be a versatile squad player for united.

fill in at lb,lw,rw, cm and upfront.

Unread 30-01-2007, 04:21 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
only bit of that I'd disagree with is the "almost".

Giggs is the most consistent and sublime talent of his era in English football. It baffles me that he isn't held in the same universal esteem by United fans that Paul Scholes rightly is.
Closed Thread