Unread 30-01-2007, 12:47 AM
legendary saf

Default Liverpool sign Mascherano

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1779

win-win situation for them imo

Unread 30-01-2007, 03:02 AM
penguin1

Default Favouritism.

Once again Liverpool are allowed to drive a coach & horses through the rules. I feel sick just thinking about them. That club should have been shut down in 1985.

Unread 30-01-2007, 06:19 AM
borsuk

Default not really sure

how signing a player who showed nothing at wham except a shite attitude, who is still owned by some dodgy mafia-like group, is 'win-win'.

waste of time and money.

Unread 30-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Mancboy1

Laughable signing imo, he's no better than Fletcher.

Unread 30-01-2007, 08:37 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancboy1
Laughable signing imo, he's no better than Fletcher.
You dick.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:16 AM
wiganste

So Koppas, how good is Mascherano then? He's played about 20 mins for West Ham and if he can't get into that side at the moment, he can't be all that good.

I reckon he's a waste of time, a waste of money and I hope he rots at Liverpool.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:21 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
So Koppas, how good is Mascherano then? He's played about 20 mins for West Ham and if he can't get into that side at the moment, he can't be all that good.

I reckon he's a waste of time, a waste of money and I hope he rots at Liverpool.
Yeah he must be really shit to be a regular in the Argentina first team.

Ok, albeit I haven't seen an awful lot of him but to say he is shit when he is (or was) one of the first names on the Argie team shit is a bit of a lacklustre statement. He didn't want to go to West Ham - simple.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:24 AM
wiganste

He didn't want to go to West Ham so that gives him the right to act like a slapped arse? And just because he plays for Argentina doesn't mean that he's a superstar.

I have my reservations about him. And I very much doubt that he will prove me wrong.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:27 AM
koppas

Thats fair enough ste, it's all about opinions.

From what I say in the WC though, I wouldn't call him crap.

And anyway, he has hardly been given a chance at West Ham - and he has had injuries.

Dippers players now so not arsed but to say he is no better than the jock...

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:30 AM
wiganste

It's hard to see where he'll fit in at the dippers unless they are planning to sell Alonso or Gerrard in the summer.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Red Caz

Murmurings about Alonso going to Real are concerning.

As far as Mascherano goes, I've yet to be convinced, but a loan deal is a much lower risk, so we'll see.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:36 AM
The Watcher

Isn't he very similar to Alonso? At the WC, he seemed to play in front of the defence, intercepting the ball and passing it to Cambiasso. Very rarely broke forward. Like Makalele, but with some passing ability.

Can't see why the rules have (yet again) been broken to help the scouse bastards. if it was us in the same position, you can imagine the response we'd have got from FIFA

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:37 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It's hard to see where he'll fit in at the dippers unless they are planning to sell Alonso or Gerrard in the summer.
Could apply the same theory to why we are signing Hargreaves. Can't see where he is going to fit in.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:39 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Could apply the same theory to why we are signing Hargreaves. Can't see where he is going to fit in.
But the dippers have Gerrard, Alonso and Sissoko. We have Scholes* and Carrick.

*And he's coming to the end of his career.

Unread 30-01-2007, 10:45 AM
koppas

Time will tell - but I do predict that Mascherano will be a hit at the dippers.

If it wasn't for the mafia being involved in this one, I'd have taken him on loan too.

Unread 30-01-2007, 11:02 AM
wiganste

We'll have to wait and see then. To be honest, when we were linked with both him and Tevez, I wasn't to fussed about either of them. Just because they have a foreign name and they played for the Argies, it doesn't make them automatic world class players. And even if they do have talent, look at Veron. He couldn't do it in the Prem despite being an outstanding player.

Unread 30-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Mancboy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
And you call me a dick!

Have you ever watched premiership football, no seriously, the Argie will get overun by the pace of it, he's the worst of a Argie shite double act at West Ham and even pool are to good for him

Unread 30-01-2007, 11:19 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancboy1
And you call me a dick!

Have you ever watched premiership football, no seriously, the Argie will get overun by the pace of it, he's the worst of a Argie shite double act at West Ham and even pool are to good for him
To be fair to Tevez, before he got injured, he was looking a very good player.

Unread 30-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Skag Trendy

Great player,too much baggage and a bad attitude.

He will be back in South America this time next year.

Unread 30-01-2007, 11:51 AM
dodger

Apparently his West Ham contract had a clause that if he played so many games they woul dhave to sign him for £20 million. Expect to see him in and out of the side. They can keep him for all I care.
Closed Thread