United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2019, 09:56 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Imagine how good we’d be with Harry Maguire in the side?
No.. I would rather not..

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:16 AM
otbarney

According to the Sun, Ole will be given the job on a permanent basis if he he beats PSG.
No pressure there then.

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:17 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
According to the Sun, Ole will be given the job on a permanent basis if he he beats PSG.
No pressure there then.
Surprised at you reading the sun

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:19 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Surprised at you reading the sun
I don't read any papers, It was on the telly.

And I got the dig, you Manc @#%&!. 😁

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:21 AM
no fun

Quote:
I don't read any papers, It was on the telly.

And I got the dig, you Manc @#%&!. 😁
Surprised you watch a channel that even mentions the sun

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:23 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Surprised you watch a channel that even mentions the sun
Sorry, I meant the S*n.

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:32 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No pressure there then.
Sounds about right. Complex decision which is really about whether he can maintain his overall impact on the club during the remaining months. But the suits will base it all on whether he wins a money spinner cup tie.

Unread 02-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sounds about right. Complex decision which is really about whether he can maintain his overall impact on the club during the remaining months. But the suits will base it all on whether he wins a money spinner cup tie.
It's the Sun. I wouldn't trust it if it said the earth was round and water was wet.

Unread 02-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
It's the Sun. I wouldn't trust it if it said the earth was round and water was wet.
The elite just want you to think water is wet to maintain their grip on power.

Unread 02-02-2019, 02:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
The club will never recover until there is a change at the top.

Even a good situation like the recover under Solskjaer they're trying to £#%&! up. He was hired as interim manager until May. Why make a decision now and not then?

Still team Pochettino here btw.

Unread 02-02-2019, 05:05 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
The club will never recover until there is a change at the top.

Even a good situation like the recover under Solskjaer they're trying to £#%&! up. He was hired as interim manager until May. Why make a decision now and not then?

Still team Pochettino here btw.
If the sun said we're signing Messi would you believe it?

Unread 02-02-2019, 06:00 PM
92ToBury

Given we're meant to be getting a Director of Football, surely they'd be part of any selection process? Ole's making a great case for himself at the moment and if he keeps up this record, it would be very difficult to justify giving it to Poch given the compensation we'd need to pay to Spurs.

As others have said, it's too soon to give it to Ole, but he's doing the right things - extends Martial, bins off Fellaini, gets us playing with freedom and positivity. I hope he gets it, mainly because it means we'll have had a great rest of the season.

Unread 02-02-2019, 06:06 PM
Sparky***

I'd like him to get the job.

I don't think he will though. I think we'll have a few poor results in the next month or so that will ultimately see them try for Pochettino or Zidane in the summer. Whether that will turn out to be the right choice is anyone's guess but given the clubs track record over the last 5 years, it seems bringing Ole in is just about the only good decision they've made.

Unread 02-02-2019, 06:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Given we're meant to be getting a Director of Football, surely they'd be part of any selection process? .
You’d think so, but then this is Woodward and the glazers we’re talking about so I wouldn’t hold your breath. Apparently they’re willing to wait until the summer to appoint the DoF the same time they name the next permanent manager....

The DoF will probably either be Woodward or some other finance worm from within the club.

Unread 02-02-2019, 06:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Given we're meant to be getting a Director of Football, surely they'd be part of any selection process? Ole's making a great case for himself at the moment and if he keeps up this record, it would be very difficult to justify giving it to Poch given the compensation we'd need to pay to Spurs.

As others have said, it's too soon to give it to Ole, but he's doing the right things - extends Martial, bins off Fellaini, gets us playing with freedom and positivity. I hope he gets it, mainly because it means we'll have had a great rest of the season.
I don't think he had anything to do with either of those decisions mate.

Unread 02-02-2019, 06:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
If the sun said we're signing Messi would you believe it?
Obviously not?

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
no, but I expect the turnaround made martials contract talks a lot smoother.

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Making Martial feel wanted and only giving Fellaini 3 minutes of game time were completely unrelated, naturally.

Unread 02-02-2019, 11:22 PM
armchair

Quote:
so you think martial signing for someone who compares him to ronaldo when he wouldn't sign for someone who dropped him and constantly looked for replacements is a coincidence?

Unread 03-02-2019, 01:57 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
I'd like him to get the job.

I don't think he will though. I think we'll have a few poor results in the next month or so that will ultimately see them try for Pochettino or Zidane in the summer. Whether that will turn out to be the right choice is anyone's guess but given the clubs track record over the last 5 years, it seems bringing Ole in is just about the only good decision they've made.
That would suggest they aren't looking now.

I'm sure they are. The problem is that serious moves for anyone worth getting would need to happen now and i can't see the club pushing that much while we're doing well.

I think Ole will get it because it's the easy option and there are very few else.

Poch and Zidane are the only contenders by all accounts.

Both difficult to get. Both as big a risk as Ole in their own way.

We only sack managers when it turns bad. The fans like Ole. The players like Ole. If we continue like this, NOT giving him the job will be like sacking him.

If he continues anything like what he has, I think it's a no brainer. For all the right and wrong reasons.

He already feels like the manager. We had two long serving players sign and a new deal and leave this week, with nobody questioning why that happened with no permanent manager in charge.

I don't think he was hired with the view of getting it permanently, but they would have a very easy decision on their hands should he do well.
Closed Thread