United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-01-2018, 04:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Genuinely don’t understand the Rashford hate from a seemingly ever growing group of people.

He’s literally just turned 20 years old ffs.

Do me a favour. Think of some of your favourite ever strikers. Then go and have a look at their goal scoring record at 18/19/20. Apart from a few outliers, you’ll find the majority of them look like Rashford’s, if not far worse.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy had scored 8 goals by the age of 20 ffs.
You're correct.

And this is also exactly why he shouldn't be starting every game up top as some on this thread have suggested. Needs time to grow. Not good enough yet to lead the line at a team that wants to challenge for top honours, but hopefully if managed and played correctly this could happen in the next 3-5 years.

Don't understand those who say he hasn't got the talent. Just as I don't understand those who suggest he is an automatic starter at 20 years old. As always, the right answer is somewhere in the middle. Not a popular option on here though.

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
You're correct.

And this is also exactly why he shouldn't be starting every game up top as some on this thread have suggested. Needs time to grow. Not good enough yet to lead the line at a team that wants to challenge for top honours, but hopefully if managed and played correctly this could happen in the next 3-5 years.

Don't understand those who say he hasn't got the talent. Just as I don't understand those who suggest he is an automatic starter at 20 years old. As always, the right answer is somewhere in the middle. Not a popular option on here though.
Not much really needs to be added to this. All the hand wringing, really unnecessary. We're doing ok and on the up. Rashers, no doubt will be part of that but needs to be taken out occasionally whilst he develops. Play him every week and some will moan that somebody else is left out, anyway.

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:43 AM
Kangared

Loving this thread. It's your one stop Utd thread. Ozil , Lukaku, Martial, Rashford & occasionally in the last 10 pages our brilliant new signing Alexis gets a mention

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:46 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Loving this thread. It's your one stop Utd thread. Ozil , Lukaku, Martial, Rashford & occasionally in the last 10 pages our brilliant new signing Alexis gets a mention
You forgot Mourinho vs LVG

Unread 25-01-2018, 06:48 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
You forgot Mourinho vs LVG
Tried to

Unread 25-01-2018, 07:50 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
You're correct.

Exactly. He’s not good enough yet to do it. Neither’s lukaku imv but mou is prepared to pressure and potentially burn him because he’s a more senior and experienced player who’s been bought to deliver now.

Unread 25-01-2018, 07:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the reason he isn’t starting games is because he isn’t f***ing good enough...

He doesn’t even excel at any definite aspect of his game.
What quality does he possess that you’d say use to justify calling him a wonder kid ?

You have to be an idiot to think we’d win the league or even challenge with rashford playing up top, the thought of it literally scares me.
I know we want to feel like we have a special youth product on our hands, but we honestly don’t.
Compare and contrast rashford ability with martial. Martial is like a aston martin to rashford ford focus st (orange and bought from the salford dealership)
we will all be here in 3 years.
I also said the same about adnan janajaz while he had the 11 shirt...

we realise hes worked you out

Unread 25-01-2018, 07:59 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
The reason he isn’t starting games is because he isn’t £#%&!ing good enough...

he doesn’t even excel at any definite aspect of his game.
What quality does he possess that you’d say use to justify calling him a wonder kid ?

you have to be an idiot to think we’d win the league or even challenge with rashford playing up top, the thought of it literally scares me.
I know we want to feel like we have a special youth product on our hands, but we honestly don’t.
Compare and contrast rashford ability with martial. Martial is like a aston Martin to rashford ford focus ST (orange and bought from the Salford dealership)
I also said the same about adnan Janajaz while he had the 11 shirt...

How is Iheancho getting on?

Unread 25-01-2018, 08:16 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I personally like Rashford and want him to succeed, I just don't see a potentially great player but would love to be proved wrong.
Same here.

I can see him ending up a good player but not a top drawer player.( a bit like lingard who blows hot and cold but is a good squad option)

Welbeck(ish)

Let's see how he turns out

Unread 25-01-2018, 08:35 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You're correct.

Seriously, what are you on about?

Nobody has said either of those things. Rashford is a striker. It’s where’s he’s best and where most feel he will end up. He hardly ever plays there, which might not be helping his development or building his confidence as a striker. Nobody said he isn’t getting enough minutes; nobody said he should be first choice; nobody said he’s good enough to lead us to a title. Just that he doesn’t play enough as a striker.

A painfully simple point. Could have passed without the usual hysteria imo.

Unread 25-01-2018, 08:50 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
nobody said he should be first choice; nobody said he’s good enough to lead us to a title. Just that he doesn’t play enough as a striker.

The reason people think he shouldn't be 1st choice striker & won't lead us to a title are exactly the reasons he doesn't get as much game time as you would like as striker.

At this point I would take Lukaku, Martial & now Alexis over Rashford as our central striker. He needs to start making more of the minutes he gets in whatever position he gets chosen in just as Martial has been doing lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Same here.

I can see him ending up a good player but not a top drawer player.( a bit like lingard who blows hot and cold but is a good squad option)

Welbeck(ish)

Let's see how he turns out
This

Currently no way could we challenge for the title with Lingard & Rashford as our 1st choice players. Thats not to say either don't have a big part to play ,or , in Rasher's case in particular, won't become 1st choice in the future.

Unread 25-01-2018, 08:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
The reason people think he shouldn't be 1st choice striker & won't lead us to a title are exactly the reasons he doesn't get as much game time as you would like as striker.

At this point I would take Lukaku, Martial & now Alexis over Rashford as our central striker. He needs to start making more of the minutes he gets in whatever position he gets chosen in just as Martial has been doing lately.
Lukaku has scored six goals in about four months for us.

For some reason people have higher expectations for Rashford it seems.

Unread 25-01-2018, 08:59 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Seriously, what are you on about?

Nobody has said either of those things. Rashford is a striker. It’s where’s he’s best and where most feel he will end up. He hardly ever plays there, which might not be helping his development or building his confidence as a striker. Nobody said he isn’t getting enough minutes; nobody said he should be first choice; nobody said he’s good enough to lead us to a title. Just that he doesn’t play enough as a striker.

Okay.

Quote:
for me he is a centre forward. And his best chance of progressing is playing there weekly, not just whenever Lukaku needs a rest. I’d be very tempted to loan him out for few months tbh.

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:06 AM
woody78

Quote:
The reason he isn’t starting games is because he isn’t £#%&!ing good enough...

he doesn’t even excel at any definite aspect of his game.

you have to be an idiot to think we’d win the league or even challenge with rashford playing up top, the thought of it literally scares me.
Compare and contrast rashford ability with martial. Martial is like a aston Martin to rashford ford focus ST (orange and bought from the Salford dealership)
I also said the same about adnan Janajaz while he had the 11 shirt...

You also said we should build the team around mkhitaryan

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Genuinely don’t understand the Rashford hate from a seemingly ever growing group of people.

He’s literally just turned 20 years old ffs.

Do me a favour. Think of some of your favourite ever strikers. Then go and have a look at their goal scoring record at 18/19/20. Apart from a few outliers, you’ll find the majority of them look like Rashford’s, if not far worse.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy had scored 8 goals by the age of 20 ffs.
Despite what I've posted, I certainly don't hate the lad at all. I think he has excellent potential and he's a really hard-working lad who seems very grounded.

Just needs to kick on a little more this season.

I'm sure we'll see him at some point tomorrow.

It's almost as if playing for Manchester United is a bit tough.

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Lukaku has scored six goals in about four months for us.

For some reason people have higher expectations for Rashford it seems.
Do you really want the goals per games stats of both players? Please tell me you are smarter than to go down that path

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:27 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Okay.
The loan wouldn’t be to us tbf. But that clearly is his best chance of developing.

Rashford should play most matches as a striker, be it starting or from the bench. I already said I’d have liked a versatile striker who would make rotation easier, so that clearly implies that he doesn’t need to always start. It’s a shame to me that the Lukaku signing, like Zlat before it, essentially relegated him to a very infrequent centre forward.

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep; it's absolutely ludicrous. I fully expected it from Marlo as he has a major axe to grind after Rashford refused to be represented by him but a i'm bit surprised at Sparky tbh because despite being a jumped up £#%&!ing weasel at times, he actually does know his football for the most part.

Who the £#%&! are you to tell people what to do, the guy that runs this place or something?
Finger on the pulse, sparkles. Just hates northerners/mancs in the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Rashers is one of the few players I actually like at the club and really want to succeed. Can’t understand anyone not wanting the same.

Whether he’s absolutely top draw or not is difficult to say but he’s still very young so anyone writing him off now is a bit too eager to do so.

Think mou is doing the right thing with him generally - not putting all the pressure on him and giving him plenty of minutes. The criticism of that feels agenda driven. Think he’s just having a bit of a lull but obviously, that’s way too simple an analysis for most.

Ffs

Common sense eh?

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Clarkie

Nice to see the excitement of our new signing has descended into a Mourinho is hindering Rashford's development debate..

Unread 25-01-2018, 09:45 AM
Luffy

Rashford is struggling yes, but martial was struggling not too long ago. You have to give the kids time and stick with them through the bad form. It's not like mhkitaryan who is 29.

Rashford has incredible raw talent, up to Jose and the boy to turn it into something special.
Closed Thread