United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-02-2019, 10:52 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This. There is no reason whatsoever not to give it to him. The only other realistic candidate has won nothing anyway, so £#%&! it.
Yep. Plus he has gathered a good team around him, all of whom know the club. Bit of that boot room mentality. Stability, as Dunk mentioned earlier. whether it is the DoF or the back room staff.

Prefer this to Poch bringing in the Argentine version Wee Jimmy and Phil Neville and setting us back to year zero again.

Unread 10-02-2019, 10:56 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
100% he will get it. He has to. He's absolutely the right man.

I feel like a kid again watching United albeit from overseas mostly. The atmosphere is like it was under ferie both home and away and the football we are playing is brilliant. His record is outstanding.

The players love him; the fans love him; he is so deeply motivated to succeed it's untrue. He is credible; loves the club; has great instinct and also has great presence and humility. He has every single skill required to be a top manager.

We have an excellent coaching team; just need to add a DOF/Head of player recruitment and we will be sorted for years. £#%&!ing love United

Unread 10-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep. Plus he has gathered a good team around him, all of whom know the club. Bit of that boot room mentality. Stability, as Dunk mentioned earlier. whether it is the DoF or the back room staff.

Prefer this to Poch bringing in the Argentine version Wee Jimmy and Phil Neville and setting us back to year zero again.
Another thing in Ole’s favour. They wouldn’t just be getting rid of Ole, they’d be getting rid of the entire coaching team. Which would be crazy.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:16 AM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:

I feel like a kid again watching United albeit from overseas mostly. The atmosphere is like it was under ferie both home and away and the football we are playing is brilliant. His record is outstanding.

The players love him; the fans love him; he is so deeply motivated to succeed it's untrue. He is credible; loves the club; has great instinct and also has great presence and humility. He has every single skill required to be a top manager.

We have an excellent coaching team; just need to add a DOF/Head of player recruitment and we will be sorted for years. £#%&!ing love United

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Lodestar

If we beat PSG then the bigger gamble for the club will be not giving it him. He won't be going back to Molde after this anyway, as the offers will come in for other vacancies.

Never seen a strong case for Poch. Some pretty football but no silverware.

The club is at its most stable now since Fergie left. The whisper campaigns have gone which dogged the previous three managers, allowing the team to focus. You can't underestimate the damage that was doing along with the shortcomings of all three as United managers.

Ole understands two fundamental things about United. That we win and that we do it the right way.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:33 AM
Clownbones

Quote:

Oh yes, Parters

I'd hire him tomorrow.

This is the best we've been since Fergie left. In just six weeks.

I couldn't give a £#%&! about how much experience he has or his profile. Jose is as experienced as they come and he bombed

How we do against PSG will reflect more on the squad than him. He'll give us our best chance of winning.

He's instantly sorted our best 11, bar one or two. We have a clear way of playing that taps into our strengths and masks our weaknesses as best as possible ... it's entertaining, it's positive and he's a humble, hard working and ambitious man building strong set up around him

Oh and he's a club legend who £#%&!ing loves the club. That means something to me.

I don't wanna see all this broken up. I want to see how it all turns out. I want him to succeed and I'd be willing to take the risk to see how if unfolds.

I started this thread as a joke but now I actually mean it. What's the worst that could happen? Feels right to me.

Give him a two year deal.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Hearing he's been given it......

Unofficial for now.

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:47 AM
AK14

Quote:

Post!

Unread 10-02-2019, 11:57 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

United fans are happiest because we look and play like a united team. Risk taking, quick on the break, not afraid not to have the ball but effective with it when we do.

What a turnaround from the last three #@&%!s.

Unread 10-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

United fans are happiest because we look and play like a united team. Risk taking, quick on the break, not afraid not to have the ball but effective with it when we do.

Also still going for it at 2-0. It was clear yesterday they wanted that third before half time, and when they didn’t get it I expected the second half to be pretty much a shut up shop approach. But instead they carried on attacking.
£#%&! you, we’re United. Ole

Unread 10-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Harsh on Clownbones and Akers

Unread 10-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not really tbh.

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:08 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Some propoh bunks venom.

Good thing re ole is that, for now, he’s united the various forum and fan factions. Very few dissenters. Seems to have balanced out everyone’s concerns and even I’m slightly re-evaluating some players now - Herrera, matic, lingard have all pushed on massively under ole.

Saying that, I’m not sure how the Dutch possession school buffs on here will take to ole’s style - which most defo isn’t along the lines of van gaal or pep. Equally, his style is light years away (thankfully) from mou’s grinding depressing shit. It’s basically United in style

Can’t remember a more united United since moyes was sacked.

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Not really tbh.
Fair point tbf.

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Some propoh bunks venom.

Good thing re ole is that, for now, he’s united the various forum and fan factions. Very few dissenters. Seems to have balanced out everyone’s concerns and even I’m slightly re-evaluating some players now - Herrera, matic, lingard have all pushed on massively under ole.

Saying that, I’m not sure how the Dutch possession school buffs on here will take to ole’s style - which most defo isn’t along the lines of van gaal or pep. Equally, his style is light years away (thankfully) from mou’s grinding depressing shit. It’s basically United in style

Can’t remember a more united United since moyes was sacked.

Some would say it's a bit unecessary to call out siders et al at this stage, right or wrong. Not for me to say obvs. Hope he can let it fly; not sure I could.

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:27 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Hearing he's been given it......

Unofficial for now.
Great news if true, all we need now is for Wood£#%&! to take advantage of his good fortune and pass up the football reins while he's ahead. Having someone who actually knows football as Director of football will define how long it is before we are back at the top of the football food chain.

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Some would say it's a bit unecessary to call out siders et al at this stage, right or wrong. Not for me to say obvs. Hope he can let it fly; not sure I could.
Iirc Siders said there was a good chance Ole would be a disaster or something along those lines?

Must be confusing for him seeing us win 3-0 but with only 49% possession

Unread 10-02-2019, 02:59 PM
puressence

So hope he gets this lukaku be off possibly Sanches mata big wages free up bring in those 3 or 4 youth lads couple of transfers it doesn’t need to be 100 million pound players. It’s coming along brilliant the right people not just ole but the coaching staff all there they know what’s coming through literally cannot wait

Unread 10-02-2019, 03:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Bit of a serious footy question rather than snide tbh. I sense the lads that supported vaan gals reign did so because they wanted united to play with that possession based game which is obviously very successful when done correctly - but I always thought that style was the antithesis of united (playing on the break etc).

Ole’s style is very much how united have played for aslong as I can remember. But is it an outdated style that will ultimately be unsuccessful against teams like city etc?
Closed Thread