Gabriel Obertan 12 14.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:09 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
mufc wum love did.
I can't believe you've given him a job just to get info from the mod forum.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Aloe Blacc

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
park
gibson
scholes
tosic

Honestly, i want to make a public apology to marlo.

Everything he has said in the last 2 years has been spot on. Park, Scholes, Berbatov etc..

Berbatov when he came on, had a chance to shut some people up , but like the rest of them couldnt be arsed. £#%&! him tbh, £30m wasted.

Marlo, if you became manager of United this afternoon, what would you do if anything was possible.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:11 PM
J_RED

Valencia Giggs Anderson Nani

Give it a try for a season or two and see how it goes maybe replace Giggs with our new Signing next season (xabi Alonso)

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Gibson deserves a run in the team, Carrick is in dreadful form.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:12 PM
forzagarza

5 - 0 - 5

6 - 9 - 3

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I can't believe you've given him a job just to get info from the mod forum.
he's a mod?! i might give him a desk job now.

dunk

I wouldn't pick a 4. I'd pick a 3.

Fletcher Carrick

Anderson

With options in the form of Scholes, Giggs, Gibson and maybe Valencia. Hopefully Hargreaves too.

I honestly don't think we have the players to play a 2/4 in midfield.

Now where that leaves the forward line is another thread entirely.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn't pick a 4. I'd pick a 3.

Fletcher Carrick

Anderson

With options in the form of Scholes, Giggs, Gibson and maybe Valencia. Hopefully Hargreaves too.

I honestly don't think we have the players to play a 2/4 in midfield.

Now where that leaves the forward line is another thread entirely.
one possible alternative to look at a variation of Chelsea's diamond - we played it in pre-season with Giggs behind the strikers...

---------Fletcher---Carrick---Anderson---------

-------------------Giggs--------------------

------------Rooney-----Berbatov------------

Although I'd be more inclined to possibly play Rooney behind Berbatov & Owen & drop Giggs into midfield if Anderson is struggling - lots of variations for a midfield 3, possibly if Carrick continues to play shite then Fletcher central, Valencia can supposedly play inside & a.n.other etc etc.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:20 PM
magic_cantona

Nani Cazza Dazzler Valencia.

Seems Carrick is the next United player to be written off by some.

If Hargo was back, he'd obviously be in there.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

One of our most important players imo. Had about 3 bad games in his time with us.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

I'm not writing him off but he's in horrible form at the moment.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:21 PM
naes_sean

Giggs, scholes, fletch, Valencia

Unread 26-08-2009, 05:36 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Gareth bloody Barry plays ahead of him. The joke is on England.

It's amusing to see a bad night in Rome and a poor performance at Wembley a couple of weeks back means Carrick is suddenly average.

Very short memories.

Who do you suggest we play, Darron £#%&!ing Gibson? Could someone explain why that useless clown is on the bench yet never comes on, surely we're better off with a young attacking option on the bench instead...
You think he has played two bad games in the past six months of football and claiming others have short memories?

Carrick was an important signing at a time when our midfield options were truly dire. He improved the standard. At his purring best, he even looked like a top player. However, through a combination of being asked to play second fiddle to Scholes (something I complained about repeatedly as a factor in his shaky confidence), the guy has never really made the Utd midfield his own. He's at his peak now. Has three seasons with Utd under his belt. I'd expect him to be better. I'd expect him to look less nervous than he does - and I'm not talking about his penalty miss.

As is, Fletcher is the one who's really putting Carrick's place under pressure. I think they're similar players. One is increasingly looking indespensible, the other is not.

Arguments will centre around who should play alongside Fletcher as the season progresses.

Is Carrick a good foil? I don't think so.

Hargreaves could do well alongside Fletcher but really we're looking at the experienced but solid options of Giggs and Scholes or the dodgy inexperienced ones of Anderson and Gibson.

My own feeling is that if Gibson can grab a couple of goals early on this year, Ferguson will increasingly favour him. Games like Burnley away against packed defences, someone who can take an accurate pot from distance would be very useful.

Unread 26-08-2009, 06:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Giggs was great too but I think Nani could do even better.
er... ok

ffs

oh, and fwiw who is this putative m/f playing against? might just be relevant, you know.

Unread 26-08-2009, 07:04 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
er... ok

ffs

oh, and fwiw who is this putative m/f playing against? might just be relevant, you know.
It's a good point borsuk.

Horse's for courses.

I suppose most people are talking about what the first XI should be against a top side.

Like city.

Unread 26-08-2009, 10:45 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
park
gibson
scholes
tosic
Good joke.
I think we're mistaking Carrick for a Roy Keane type player. He's never gonna do that. As for being out of form, it's not like it'll last very long, especially if Fletchulance gets back in and does his doggy work so Cazza can get on the ball which he is good at.
Someone suggested Carrick is nervous on the ball

I remember a time after the first championship win of this 3, a 0-0 draw against Reading allegedly had Fergie laying into Carrick, he was dropped and then United went on that run of 5 games of scoring 4 goals in each, in which Carrick only played against Dynamo Kiev. According to sources, the run and the good football was accredited to the fact Carrick wasnt in the team.

He'll come good. He's done it before. He'll do it again.

Unread 26-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Whalefish

Valencia
Scholes
Fletcher
Nani

That'll do me until Hargreaves returns . Then it's him and Anderson.

Unread 26-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Wez

Giggs
Fletcher
Nani
Valencia

Unread 26-08-2009, 11:04 PM
jem

bloody hell. carrick is still a very good player. it's just that he needs good players around him. at the moment, he is having to play with toss like fletch and park. to suggest fletch and carrick are similar players is like suggesting berbatov is too similar to rooney.

the midfield should be giggs - carrick - hargreaves because they are the only decent midfielder we have. play nani - berbatov - rooney up front - call nani a midfielder if it helps.

until hargreaves gets fit, we are £#%&!ed. any of ando, gibson, fletch, valencia could fill in if we were playing someone a bit crap. if it was someone absolutely and utterly crap beyond crap, park is always willing. tosic is dogshit and obertan is a glimmer of hope until he actually plays.

Unread 26-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
bloody hell. carrick is still a very good player. it's just that he needs good players around him. at the moment, he is having to play with toss like fletch and park. to suggest fletch and carrick are similar players is like suggesting berbatov is too similar to rooney.

the midfield should be giggs - carrick - hargreaves because they are the only decent midfielder we have. play nani - berbatov - rooney up front - call nani a midfielder if it helps.

until hargreaves gets fit, we are £#%&!ed. any of ando, gibson, fletch, valencia could fill in if we were playing someone a bit crap. if it was someone absolutely and utterly crap beyond crap, park is always willing. tosic is dogshit and obertan is a glimmer of hope until he actually plays.
wouldn't go that far tbh

hopefully you're chatting shit about Valencia as well
Closed Thread