Unread 28-05-2007, 07:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
wum
no, really?

Unread 28-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Bunker Buster

it isnt Thrills................But i knew you would be one of the first.

You know the lad that passed me the info.

S.P.......

Unread 28-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Dont be £#%&!ing Stupid.

He has personally Sucked chelsea's #@&%! in the media of the last few days.
So? We have a player who said he hated us and would never sign for us.

Nani or no Nani, would people be happy with Berbatov as the striker we bring in? Is he fast enough to keep up with Rooney & Ronaldo? Does he have the movement to fit into our total football, or will we be regressing to have one focal point in attack again?

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
So? We have a player who said he hated us and would never sign for us.

Nani or no Nani, would people be happy with Berbatov as the striker we bring in? Is he fast enough to keep up with Rooney & Ronaldo? Does he have the movement to fit into our total football, or will we be regressing to have one focal point in attack again?
I honestly think it'd be the latter regarding Berbatov. I'd rather have Darren Bent.

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Whalefish

Like I said, yes I would. Pace isn't the be all and end all. If it was we may as well sign Darren Bent. You need more than pace to lead the line for Utd and IMO he ticks the right boxes. He's not slow either.

BTW isn't Nani right footed? I'm pretty sure Ronnie prefers playing wide right. We really could do with someone who is comfortable on the left.

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:12 PM
waynes ear's

dean windass

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Darth Vidic

You'd be happy to have the attack focused around one player again?

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
dean windass
Im a celebrity get me out of here.

Nft.

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Like I said, yes I would. Pace isn't the be all and end all. If it was we may as well sign Darren Bent. You need more than pace to lead the line for Utd and IMO he ticks the right boxes. He's not slow either.

BTW isn't Nani right footed? I'm pretty sure Ronnie prefers playing wide right. We really could do with someone who is comfortable on the left.
He plays both sides, usually on the left.
Hes alot more direct than Ronnie

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Youtube Scout..........................

Nani is a risk at United.

Unread 28-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Youtube Scout..........................

Nani is a risk at United.

Is he a risk like Ronnie, I would love to take that risk again.
Why WUM

I watched all of Sportings CL games this season and was very impressed with him, nft.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
You'd be happy to have the attack focused around one player again?
No I'd be happy to have someone who can lead the line well, like Saha was doing at the start of the season. Bent has a lot of potential, perhaps, but I've seen him have some absolute duffers for Charlton and I'm not totally convinced he's good enough to partner Rooney from the off. As a squad player, yes. As a starter, no.

I'd personally want Eto'o but once again if you're arguing that Berbatov wouild lead to our attack being focussed around one player again so would a move for Eto'o. I'd disagree since both are team players but I don't really have the time to discuss it further.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
A formista on another site who has seen a fair bit of him reckons he's mainly right footed and relies on that an awful lot.

Just my opinion like but I'd rather have someone more comfortable on the left.

Unread 29-05-2007, 08:33 AM
puressence

ribery 10 mccarthy 5 equals common sense

Unread 29-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
A formista on another site who has seen a fair bit of him reckons he's mainly right footed and relies on that an awful lot.

Just my opinion like but I'd rather have someone more comfortable on the left.
Nani is naturally right footed. He's reasonably comfortable on his left, but he does like to cut inside when on the left.

Although he came through as a winger, Sporting actually play a diamond midfield these days, with Nani usually deployed on the left hand side of the diamond. He will often play from inside to out, he does get wide to look for space, but not as much as a traditional winger.

Unread 29-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I know a lot of wums start with this but I do seriously know someone at the megastore and they say they're planning to sign Dean Holdsworth on a free. The megastore that is, not the club. He's going to be in charge of the air conditioning.

Unread 29-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Nani is naturally right footed. He's reasonably comfortable on his left, but he does like to cut inside when on the left.

Although he came through as a winger, Sporting actually play a diamond midfield these days, with Nani usually deployed on the left hand side of the diamond. He will often play from inside to out, he does get wide to look for space, but not as much as a traditional winger.
Cheers Serenity. If that's the case I'd prefer to see Utd sign someone more comfortable on the left, or naturally left footed.

Unread 29-05-2007, 10:03 AM
violater

Quote:
Cheers Serenity. If that's the case I'd prefer to see Utd sign someone more comfortable on the left, or naturally left footed.
come on resident insider...

no sitting on the fance..

what do you know phil?

Unread 29-05-2007, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't mind, Ronnie's better on the left for me.

Unread 29-05-2007, 10:13 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't mind, Ronnie's better on the left for me.
Also, Rooney comes in from the left. Evra supports well, almost like a winger at times.
If Nani is comfortable there too then having two right sided players who are comfortable coming in from the left means there's no real urgency to acquire a strictly left sided winger.

But we do need a winger.
Closed Thread