United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
ronaldo isnt that close to gabby ffs.

he was close to djdj, did he move to villa?

evra is one of ronnies good mates as well.
Vidic too

Unread 28-05-2007, 10:50 AM
violater

i honestly will not miss henize.
evra is first choice.

richardson, silvestre and jos can cover lb so i dont see a huge problem there.

Unread 28-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Stickman

At the end of the day hes shown himself to be backup standard over the last year and doesnt strike me as a player whod be up for wamring the bench for 2/3's of a season.

Silvestre does so it probably makes more sense to keep him for the Xmas fixture congestion etc to give Evra a rest when he needs it.

Unread 28-05-2007, 11:09 AM
borsuk

there aren't many players who we all agree are not first choice in their position who we can get some cash for. 5m for heinze, with his injury record, age and poor season is a good offer, or at least a fair offer.

it will be interesting to see if pie, richardson, silvestre or evans becomes evra's backup next year. anyway, i'll be chuffed if this means that evra will be a certain starter for next season.

Unread 28-05-2007, 03:01 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Sad if he goes, he has one the best songs

Unread 28-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Enjoying Insanity

I think the reason Heinze is so revered among United fans is that he plays football exactly the way we would if we were on the pitch. Limited ability, but he doesn't half put in the effort. It would be sad to see him go, he very rarely makes defensive mistakes unlike Mr AlienHead, and his enthusiasm probably spreads through the team, as he is a character, one of the few we now have at OT.

If he does go though, I'd love to know why he started in the Cup Final ???

Unread 28-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
he very rarely makes defensive mistakes unlike Mr AlienHead,
Positionally his play at left back is pretty dreadul, his performance in Milan especially early on was hopeless, acres of space down his side, after he allowed himself to be drawn inside.

Milan trying to force us to play every pass to him was pretty clear as well, total liability with the ball at feet, His diving and rolling around is also rather annoying, you say he plays like we would, but for all his so called commitment, he is very quick to lie down and try to get players booked if he is in trouble, constantly playing for fouls when in tight areas.

I have never thought he was anything more than limited, an on Form Silvestre is a far better option at left back, at least he can get forward with some pace and can occasionally put a cross in.

Heinze's defensive ability is overrated, he is clever with his use of his body when defending aerial balls, but he gets skinned and lunges in too often.

6mill for him would be the start of getting funding for another decent signing after Hargreaves, he is 29 as well, and we have excellent young defensive prospects coming through.
Closed Thread