Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:14 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
According to Eurosport, Conte is compiling a pitch to present to the United board for if, or when, they relieve Solskjaer of his duties.

The Italian coach has a blueprint in mind to get the team playing well quickly so they can still challenge for major honours this season.

His plan will likely focus on improving United defensively while adapting the side's style of play and suggesting signings that would help him succeed.

Fingers crossed
sounds like an insider tbf

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:17 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And we hardly won a game for the rest of that season following the announcement. It was pure short term cynical crowd pleasing.
It’s why I think the next manager will have the same sort of tenure. We have had 4 managers since fergie, the standard British, the Dutch total football, the organised Jose and the “motivator/ club legend.

Every single one of them have their own distinct style of management and approach, yet every single time we seem to be in almost the exact same scenario. The mind boggles. I might be being a bit harsh on ole I would like to think the team is in a better shape than when he picked it up , but if the same thing keeps happening it has to be the boards fault.

Woodward is a weasel, claimed he was going to leave in june so the heat for the super league died down and now apparently is staying till April.

Glazers don’t give a shit either unless we get top 4. We are getting nowhere.
We are not Manchester United the football club. We are Manchester United the global marketing company.

It sadly will stay this way until they go or a real structure (DOF , a good recruitment network team, coaches who improve) is put in place. Neither looks likely

Side note, notice how carrick got the job as he retired with Jose, Rui Faria left and the club didn’t bother replacing him they just promoted carrick. “Assistant”

Then when ole came carrick kept his job and an under 19 guy got promoted. I think McKenna was appointed during Jose’s time aswell. If Jose got sacked surely the staff have to go aswell as they were part of his team. At the very best sack atleast one of them.

Anything to save money in trying to find decent coaches .

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:23 PM
Dr Stranger

And this idea of ‘long-term’ only really works if you’re getting results.

If we broadly say LVG and Jose were the ‘quick fixes’ while Moyes and Ole were ‘long term’…. It hasn’t made a £#%&!ing difference to tenure time. They’ve all been binned off for not being good enough in the present.

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And this idea of ‘long-term’ only really works if you’re getting results.

If we broadly say LVG and Jose were the ‘quick fixes’ while Moyes and Ole were ‘long term’…. It hasn’t made a £#%&!ing difference to tenure time. They’ve all been binned off for not being good enough in the present.
Van Gaal was never a quick fix, he was part of the long-term plan. To mentor Giggseh. Instead of implementing it we ripped it up and started again.

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Van Gaal was never a quick fix, he was part of the long-term plan. To mentor Giggseh. Instead of implementing it we ripped it up and started again.
Tbf not much point in a long-term plan if it’s terrible to begin with

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tbf not much point in a long-term plan if it’s terrible to begin with
Exactly. Didn't say it was a bad thing.

Unread 28-10-2021, 01:52 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Exactly. Didn't say it was a bad thing.
The issues for me are; who is coming up with the plan and are they capable of delivering it? On paper the LVG plan made a lot of sense (well not the Giggs part) but the implementation was disastrous and that's not taking into account that the man himself was well past it.

Unread 28-10-2021, 02:04 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Nah. If he was a long-term plan, he’d have succeeded Fergie. We went for him because he was available, was the polar opposite of Moyes and then pretended we always wanted him, like most clubs do when they get someone they never wanted.

This is a big problem for us. I don’t mind us getting Conte, as long as we’re fully aware of who he is and what he’ll do. Ie. Stick around for 2-3 years then £#%&! off. During that time, we should be thinking ahead to the next guy and planning for that. But we won’t. If we appoint him, we’ll assume all will be well forever and simply react in the moment it all goes wrong.

I honestly don’t think we’ve ever accounted for the fact that we might need to sack a manager until it’s staring us in the face.

Unread 28-10-2021, 06:57 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Nah. If he was a long-term plan, he’d have succeeded Fergie. We went for him because he was available, was the polar opposite of Moyes and then pretended we always wanted him, like most clubs do when they get someone they never wanted.

This is a big problem for us. I don’t mind us getting Conte, as long as we’re fully aware of who he is and what he’ll do. Ie. Stick around for 2-3 years then £#%&! off. During that time, we should be thinking ahead to the next guy and planning for that. But we won’t. If we appoint him, we’ll assume all will be well forever and simply react in the moment it all goes wrong.

I honestly don’t think we’ve ever accounted for the fact that we might need to sack a manager until it’s staring us in the face.
Yep.

Unread 28-10-2021, 07:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
His plan will likely focus on improving United defensively while adapting the side's style of play and suggesting signings that would help him succeed.

Unread 28-10-2021, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Moyes must be one of the least successful "long term plans" in recent football history, then

Unread 28-10-2021, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

£#%&! me has he been ill?

Unread 28-10-2021, 08:02 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's Bruno

Unread 28-10-2021, 08:03 PM
redhegemony

Have we sorted the wig issue yet?

Unread 28-10-2021, 09:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nah just croatian

Unread 29-10-2021, 08:22 AM
windy waffles

Thumbs up

Lots of noise this morning about Conte again with, apparently, NINE players convincing him to take over.

Quote:

And now Gazzetta Dello Sport (via Sport Witness) claims that Conte has said ‘yes’ to an offer from Man Utd, with the talent of Cristiano Ronaldo, Paul Pogba, Raphael Varane, Alex Telles, Bruno Fernandes, Anthony Martial, Jadon Sancho, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford convincing him to accept.

Conte reckons it would take ‘a new tactical organisation and almost maniacal motivations’ to bring success to Man Utd, while the ‘charm’ of Old Trafford has helped convince him of their proposal.

It is claimed ‘the yes already arrived’ from Conte and it’s now down to United to decide whether to relieve Solskjaer of his duties.

Unread 29-10-2021, 08:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Lots of noise this morning about Conte again with, apparently, NINE players giving their approval (that's nice of them) to be our next boss.
I think you read it wrong. It's saying that the availability of those players would be a big factor in his decision, rather than that they have been WhatsApping him with their support

There's what looks like a balanced piece on Conte in the Athletic. I don't subscribe so only read the first few paragraphs.

Quote:
The notion that United would only turn to the 52-year-old because he is the best candidate available sells him ridiculously short, though. Conte has to be in the conversation whenever a job like this comes up, no matter who is and isn't on the market. He is an obvious upgrade on the incumbent and as close to a guarantee of success as you'll find in the game. United would no longer look like the odd ones out among Liverpool, Manchester City and Chelsea when it comes to coaching pedigree.

Unread 29-10-2021, 08:26 AM
NedKelly

Honestly I’m buzzing to see what Martial can do under a proper manager. He’s going to be electric alongside Ronnie.

Unread 29-10-2021, 08:53 AM
AK14

He’d be a completely different appointment to the Mourinho one imo

Mou was finished as a top coach and Madrid broke him

This fella is still a winner and one of top managers in world football.

Unread 29-10-2021, 09:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He’d be a completely different appointment to the Mourinho one imo

Mou was finished as a top coach and Madrid broke him

This fella is still a winner and one of top managers in world football.
Won Serie A with three of our rejects.

Not good for the "nobody can get a tune out of these @#%&!s" arguments.
Closed Thread