United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-11-2023, 07:39 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
a) Rashford is 26.

b) He's been playing in manchester United's first team for 8 £#%&!ing years.

c) by the time ronaldo was his age he was a balon d'or winner

The only thing they have in common is that they've both played for manchester united. As players they're about as far apart in ability and mentality as you could ever get.
I’m not saying he’s anywhere near the player, I’m saying if you put Rashford in that United or Real Madrid side he’d be a completely different player.
Same as if you put Ronaldo in this side.

You’re right it’s not good enough but he isn’t that type of player and if he’s not and doesn’t fit where and what we’re trying to be now he needs moving on. For his own benefit if nothing else.

Edit: that’s why I said he’s like Ronaldo in his early 20’s

Unread 11-11-2023, 07:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I’m not saying he’s anywhere near the player, I’m saying if you put Rashford in that United or Real Madrid side he’d be a completely different player.

I don't buy that at all. Give ronaldo that chance rashford had in the 2nd half and he scores it 100 times out of 100.

Rashford just isn't that good i'm afraid. Every half-decent player has a purple patch season and last season was his. Top footballers don't have such a huge drop off in their game season on season. He lurches from being good to being £#%&!ing terrible far too often.

For someone who plays so selfishly his goal return is nowhere near good enough.

Unread 11-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Finport Red

I can accept a player having peaks and dips on form. Very few are brilliant all the time. What separates rashford from almost everyone else is that, when it’s not going for him, he stops trying and doesn’t seem to care about the impact that has on the team, in attack or defence. He just doesn’t appear bothered by it at all.

I would love to see our team without him involved in it for a month or two.

Unread 11-11-2023, 07:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

You’re right it’s not good enough but he isn’t that type of player and if he’s not and doesn’t fit where and what we’re trying to be now he needs moving on. For his own benefit if nothing else.

Edit: that’s why I said he’s like Ronaldo in his early 20’s
Completely different player as in, would be lucky to make the bench kinda different?

His all around game has never been too great. His goals have often masked some of his glaring deficiencies and general playing performance. If he isn't scoring, he is probably a detriment to the side overall.

Unread 11-11-2023, 07:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't buy that at all. Give ronaldo that chance rashford had in the 2nd half and he scores it 100 times out of 100. .
Ronaldo’s worst every goals to game ratio was under ten Hag in his entire career. Might be saying something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I can accept a player having peaks and dips on form. Very few are brilliant all the time. What separates rashford from almost everyone else is that, when it’s not going for him, he stops trying and doesn’t seem to care about the impact that has on the team, in attack or defence. He just doesn’t appear bothered by it at all.

I would love to see our team without him involved in it for a month or two.
It’s a double edged sword. If we got a fulll strength team together now and went on a 10 game winning run, Rashford would be no doubt integral to it.

Other side is we go on and lose the next ten games and he’s integral to that too.

Unread 11-11-2023, 08:27 PM
MUFC One Love

That thing he does where he doesn’t even challenge for the ball in the air. Wow.

Unread 11-11-2023, 08:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
That thing he does where he doesn’t even challenge for the ball in the air. Wow.
The half jump !!!

This is when Erik £#%&!ing berated him, around 89 mins ? Went mad at him....

Unread 11-11-2023, 09:41 PM
waynes ear's

Bin him. Dogshit

Unread 11-11-2023, 09:51 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
The half jump !!!

This is when Erik £#%&!ing berated him, around 89 mins ? Went mad at him....
The half jump and then the outstretched arms as the guy with the ball runs off.

Unforgivable.

Unread 11-11-2023, 10:38 PM
Ethers

Tin hat on, but we’ve looked far better with a forward line of Garnacho, Razzy and Rashers.

He’s had some poor individual moments admittedly.

Unread 12-11-2023, 02:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Tin hat on, but we’ve looked far better with a forward line of Garnacho, Razzy and Rashers.

He’s had some poor individual moments admittedly.
I think that's mostly because of the first two. Rashford was a passenger on the right. Looked to be intentionally not giving a £#%&!. Standing still. Swinging a leg. Brightened up slightly when he was on the left.

I'd like to see Garners, Rasmus and Antony. I know Antony hasn't been great but looked much better than Rashford on the right yesterday. If Rasmus in injured though we may see rashford through the middle. Can't possibly be Martial.

Unread 12-11-2023, 02:36 PM
waynes ear's

shit@#%&!

Unread 12-11-2023, 09:57 PM
red in cumbria

That is death defying;y awful

Unread 18-11-2023, 01:28 PM
Zorg

More of Rashford’s classic ‘stuttering’ trick

Unread 18-11-2023, 01:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

https://x.com/jm10ii/status/1725643322373361833?s=46
That was horrible

Unread 18-11-2023, 01:42 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

https://x.com/jm10ii/status/1725643322373361833?s=46
Have they considered having him sent to spec savers? There’s no way anyone sane, unless blind, could think it’s possible to just run through other people, again and again.

Unread 18-11-2023, 03:11 PM
jem

harsh on plucky malta, who made every england player look shit. and lol at the officials.

rashers does have some lovely tricks, but his appreciation of basic physics appears to be lacking.

Unread 18-11-2023, 04:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Think it's time most of the forum considered apologising profusely to turk and marlo on this one.

Genuinely thought he'd turned that sweeping bend last season, but my fridge-freezer has a higher footballing IQ than him.

Naturally, we gave him in a new contract in *checks google* July for 5 years @ £325k a week for actually putting in a decent shift last season, so well done to the club there.

Let's hope those lovely saudis put in a mega bid for him, because anything over £80m and we should take their hands off quicker than they do to a bread thief.

Unread 18-11-2023, 04:45 PM
tatty

Rashford is an example of the difference between us and our competitors.

Do you think Brighton and Villa would have even given him a huge contract in the first place never mind allowing a player to drag down the way the team plays.

Unread 18-11-2023, 06:28 PM
waynes ear's

he'll be crying about his off field issues affecting his form before long, I guarantee it