United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-11-2023, 05:58 AM
believe

Football D(ippers) Day Countdown

10 games between now and Anfield away, what’s the predictions?

Out of Europe, mid table and a thrashing by the scousers or the complete opposite? I think if it’s the former a defeat at Anfield could be the final nail in the coffin for him.

Unread 02-11-2023, 06:23 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Out of Europe, mid table and a thrashing by the scousers or the complete opposite? I think if it’s the former a defeat at Anfield could be the final nail in the coffin for him.
I'm of the position that he shouldn't be sacked. But on current form that seems extremely optimistic.

Unread 02-11-2023, 06:59 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Be staggered if he makes it to Anfield unless things pick up significantly before the start of December when we go to St James's Park

Unread 02-11-2023, 07:16 AM
MUFC One Love

He will be gone next week if Fulham and Copenhagen go sour.

Unread 02-11-2023, 07:30 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He will be gone next week if Fulham and Copenhagen go sour.
Sadly, I feel this is the case. It's all very well giving him time, but he's showing nothing at the moment. Especially in terms fo this 'system' that so many could apparently see. Also his signings have been underwhelming so how much would the club give him in a new window?

I want him to stay. I think he has good character for the job.Mostly though I can't bear going through the same depressing cycle one more time. But it's hard to defend when he starts players like Martial in must win games. Really strong echoes of Ole.

If he gets the sack and the likes of Sancho are back in the team, that would be criminal.

Unread 02-11-2023, 07:34 AM
Stickman

Steve Mclaren will lead us to a 3-0 defeat.

Unread 02-11-2023, 08:04 AM
waynes ear's

Pissing keks over a month away from a game is impressive, even by fred standards.

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:52 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Sadly, I feel this is the case. It's all very well giving him time, but he's showing nothing at the moment. Especially in terms fo this 'system' that so many could apparently see. Also his signings have been underwhelming so how much would the club give him in a new window?

I want him to stay. I think he has good character for the job.Mostly though I can't bear going through the same depressing cycle one more time. But it's hard to defend when he starts players like Martial in must win games. Really strong echoes of Ole.

If he gets the sack and the likes of Sancho are back in the team, that would be criminal.
He starts Martial because he can’t play Hojland in every game TBF, why has he only got Hojland, because in the summer our owners told him he would have Greenwood so that’s all he would need…

He’s not perfect and is making mistakes but he’s been dealt the worst hand.

Sadly I think we’ll see Sancho like you say. Disgraceful running of the club.

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:54 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Steve Mclaren will lead us to a 3-0 defeat.
Giggs is cleared...

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:55 AM
magic_cantona

I think we'll be going to Anfield with a temporary or new manager. This lot, even at Fulham, won't do it at a tough away. Copenhagen looked a more complete and competent team than us for large parts of the game. Us having and needing to win there won't jive with these lads, we'll get beat. And imagine we somehow scrape past Copenhagen but we need to go to Galatasaray and win? £#%&!ing cringing just thinking about it.

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:56 AM
no fun

I am going to predict with some confidence that we will get a better result than last season

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:57 AM
Dr Stranger

I don’t think it makes sense for anything to happen until we have some clarity on this Ratcliffe stake.

What’s a few more weeks of defeats for owners that don’t care about football anyway.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:03 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I am going to predict with some confidence that we will get a better result than last season
You never know with these @#%&!s. They're record breakingly bad. An 8-0 loss is probably more likely than us winning by any margin.

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:10 AM
est.1878

Going to galatasary and winning psg away vibes

It isn't the 1993 Al sami yen.... No fear now

phelan and robson played instead of pallister and Hughes and if hadnt wed have won... Will nostalgia thread at later date

Unread 02-11-2023, 10:35 AM
Medlock

Managers have to get results in the present and build for the future. If ETH doesn't turn it around the next 3-4 games he will be gone and could have no complaints if that happens. If Erik is able to steady the ship and find a winning formula out of this crisis we will have something to build on.
Very difficult of course but is the job he was brought in to do.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:07 PM
believe

Kind of in between at the minute. I think his MOTM award will save him from anything this year.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:15 PM
puressence

Honestly unless we have a new manager or he plays 3 infront of the back 4 it could be a cricket score.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:17 PM
tatty

Only the threat of completely missing out on Europe will be enough to get ETH the sack so a hammering at Liverpool won’t do it.

Besides, it’s expected.

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Beating them, smash and grab....

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Beating them, smash and grab....

You can’t possibly believe we will.