Brilliant signing.

Buzzing with this one.

have we signed him?

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:39 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
have we signed him?
Fee agreed. Personal terms agreed. Medical today.

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Patty_b

Good player. Still need someone else a bit more advanced but it's a good start.

Has the mentality we desperately need as well.

Unread 19-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Switching Off

Midday deadline to register for Monday.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:03 AM
AK14

Sky saying he won’t be involved on Monday because of the visa application process.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:04 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Sky saying he won’t be involved on Monday because of the visa application process.
it wouldn't have made a difference anyway....

we're getting hammered regardless.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:11 AM
puressence

genuinely £#%&!ing crying laughing

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:16 AM
Dasilvatwins

Great player, still papers over cracks. The glazers are scurrying to make signings as they started to read the room on United signings and the media asking them to sell.

Nothing will change in the long term. We have been here before. Hopefully he hits the ground running and doesn’t take an age to settle or get injured like varane.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:25 AM
windy waffles

People moaning because he is 30.

He is one of the best DM in the world, played at the very highest level for club and country. Even if we get there good years out of him, and it puts an end to McFred, it's been great business.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
People moaning because he is 30.

He is one of the best DM in the world, played at the very highest level for club and country. Even if we get there good years out of him, and it puts an end to McFred, it's been great business.
I hope he does change it around . Not holding my breath until I see him do it. Look at varane, look at Ronaldo etc. hopefully he comes in and sorts some of these £#%&!ers out and becomes a vocal point in the dressing room. Just seems like he is coming for once last pay packet meanwhile the properly run club have already his replacement at the club.

They’ve recouped 50 million of tchouamenis 80 million fee. They let him go because they don’t need him as much. They got the best years out of him and have now pawned him off onto us. Time will tell I hope he hits the ground running but I had this same expectation with varane and all the other players that arrived at the club in the last decade in the latter stages of their career.

Of course he will be an upgrade, but it’s short term, maybe that’s what they need for one season? I just don’t see any long term planning. The glazers were ready to hang ten hag out to dry with this window and all of a sudden they’ve found money for him. Absolute @#%&!s. Until the £#%&!ers go nothing will change.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:44 AM
windy waffles

One of these signings HAS to work. This one will be the one.

Unless he gets injured, I don't see how this one can go wrong. He's a £#%&!ing great player and will bring some proper snide into the side.

And, hopefully, more of this:

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:45 AM
Pop

Another panic buy then. 31 this year, be a £#%&!ing liability on about £350k a week in 18 months time.

Has Fenerbache for £3m written all over him.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:46 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Another panic buy then. 31 this year, be a £#%&!ing liability on about £350k a week in 18 months time.

Has Fenerbache for £3m written all over him.
Name me 5 players better than him in his position.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:48 AM
Harry Flashman

Sing him, De Jong, a winger, right back, goalie, striker and its becomes a passable window

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:48 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Flashman
Sing him, De Jong, a winger, right back, goalie, striker and its becomes a passable window
Rather us making some signings to be honest.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:49 AM
Seamus

frenkie dejong
Busquets
Kimmich
Verratti
declan rice

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
frenkie dejong
Busquets
Kimmich
Verratti
declan rice
Would only have Verratti and Busquets above him tbh. All about opinions.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:54 AM
marlo

busquets is 34 right?

just asking.

also Frankie de Jong may have a nice name but he isn't what we need first in our midfield. I don't think a lot have seen him play.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:55 AM
Sandman

He's a great player, & will obviously be a huge improvement, but if he's an alternative to De jong, it's still a farcical window.

Unread 19-08-2022, 08:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I hope he does change it around . Not holding my breath until I see him do it. Look at varane, look at Ronaldo etc. hopefully he comes in and sorts some of these £#%&!ers out and becomes a vocal point in the dressing room. Just seems like he is coming for once last pay packet meanwhile the properly run club have already his replacement at the club.

They’ve recouped 50 million of tchouamenis 80 million fee. They let him go because they don’t need him as much. They got the best years out of him and have now pawned him off onto us. Time will tell I hope he hits the ground running but I had this same expectation with varane and all the other players that arrived at the club in the last decade in the latter stages of their career.

Of course he will be an upgrade, but it’s short term, maybe that’s what they need for one season? I just don’t see any long term planning. The glazers were ready to hang ten hag out to dry with this window and all of a sudden they’ve found money for him. Absolute @#%&!s. Until the £#%&!ers go nothing will change.
What's that got to do with anything? Since when do we measure the benefits of a signing against other players the selling club have signed.

I swear some on here live for the doom.