dunk

I hope they lose the lot and enter April with back to back wins

Unread 06-02-2023, 09:53 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I like your optimism
Same.

Seriously though, Everton at home now seems like a really difficult game for them. Great how quickly these shit @#%&!s have fallen off.

Unread 06-02-2023, 09:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Same.

Seriously though, Everton at home now seems like a really difficult game for them. Great how quickly these shit @#%&!s have fallen off.
You can bet your bottom dollar Sean Dyce will be drilling that defence all week

0-0 written all over it

Unread 06-02-2023, 09:56 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
1995 definitely.

1998 i don't know, we had about 7 first team players injured at one point, not just keane. I remember going into that game against Arsenal at Old Trafford with Gary Neville as centre half alonside henning berg, with ronny Johnsen and Michael Clegg in midfield.
Same. I’m 100% convinced cantona would have made the difference in 1995. Arsenal team in 1998 was outstanding and blitzed us at the end. The Blackburn team completely shit themselves and we just didn’t have enough to get over the line. IMO Blackburn are the only team to bottle a title race and still win it

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:07 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
You can bet your bottom dollar Sean Dyce will be drilling that defence all week

0-0 written all over it
It'll be wonderful if they get anything. Won't happen though, 4-0 to the wall pushers....

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:09 AM
Dr Stranger

I’ve never bought into the ‘doping’ thing, but I might for turning if they show up next season and start pinging out 60 game seasons with 3 defeats and no less of intensity.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:32 AM
dunk

I’ve not read it myself, but am hearing an article in the Athletic mentions there are barely any interested parties in the race to buy Liverpool

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:34 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I’ve not read it myself, but am hearing an article in the Athletic mentions there are barely any interested parties in the race to buy Liverpool
Why buy the second biggest when you can buy the biggest?

The dream is the Glazers sell us and buy them. Then they really will have something to cry about.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

The dream is the Glazers sell us and buy them. Then they really will have something to cry about.
We deserve something like that tbh. We’ve endured serious pain for the last decade through no fault of our own, we deserve reparation

Nothing less than Liverpool and City being run into the ground while we rise back to the top of the tree will do, imo, then the decade will have been worth it.

Unread 06-02-2023, 10:47 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

“Hi, I’d like to audition for the role of Robin…”

Unread 06-02-2023, 11:07 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Unread 06-02-2023, 11:10 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
This is why it's always ludicrous when they inevitably start indulging in this "best manager/defender/team/forward ever" rubbish every season. Great players don't turn to £#%&!ing shit every 18 months.

to be considered genuinely great you have to do it year after year, and set a standard that you don't drop below. Between 1992 and 2013 Manchester United never finished outside the top 3. And in that 21 year period we were either champions or runners up in all but 3 seasons.

That is why Sir Alex Ferguson is the greatest manager in football history and nobody will ever come close. That's why players like Rooney, Keane, Scholes, Ferdinand are all time greats because they did it year after year. Every season.
Jesus

When you live through it, it just feels normal but reading that now it sounds unbelievable that we were that good for so long

How is there even a discussion around greatest?

The ‘great’ arsenal teams never managed to retain a championship in that period either, yet we were winning double-doubles and trebles etc.

These @#%&!s have a couple of freak season when doped up to their eyeballs, one of which they only ended with a cup double ffs.

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:29 PM
dunk

Klopp on thin ice. Failure in the CL could sound the death knell

What a lovely Monday.

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Please be Gerrard

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Same. I’m 100% convinced cantona would have made the difference in 1995. Arsenal team in 1998 was outstanding and blitzed us at the end. The Blackburn team completely shit themselves and we just didn’t have enough to get over the line. IMO Blackburn are the only team to bottle a title race and still win it
city 2012

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
city 2012

Blackburn won 2 of their last 6 games, including a defeat on the final day.

City won their last 6 games and came from 8 points behind.

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Blackburn won 2 of their last 6 games, including a defeat on the final day.

They'd lost an 8 point lead in April, that is known as bottling

Unread 06-02-2023, 12:57 PM
History

Quote:

Think you missed the point in light of today's news

Unread 06-02-2023, 01:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
They'd lost an 8 point lead in April, that is known as bottling
And we lost 8 again after that. you can’t accuse a team of bottling a title race when they win their last six games of a victorious title race

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Think you missed the point in light of today's news
True

Unread 06-02-2023, 01:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
And we lost 8 again after that. you can’t accuse a team of bottling a title race when they win their last six games of a victorious title race
Two teams bottled it, one of those teams won it
Closed Thread