Unread 27-04-2016, 09:50 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Default Happy 2 year Anniversary of "The Slip"

Relive the thread here.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215807

Before the game...

During the game...

After...

God bless all those involved in one of the most incredible footballing moments ever, think of how £#%&!ing bad it would've been if those @#%&!s had won it.

Unread 27-04-2016, 09:52 AM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Unread 27-04-2016, 09:53 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Crystanbul (and THAT Gif) coming soon

Unread 27-04-2016, 10:33 AM
TheFatGoth

I'm sure you do this thread every week.

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:21 AM
ZiggyStardust

I actually felt physically sick before and during that game until Torres scored and Mourinho wummed down the touchline

Don't know how I watched it as all they needed was a draw and they would surely have went on to win the league
Everytime they attacked I thought this is it they're going to score

That Chelsea starting 11

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:25 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I actually felt physically sick before and during that game until Torres scored and Mourinho wummed down the touchline

Don't know how I watched it as all they needed was a draw and they would surely have went on to win the league

That Chelsea starting 11
Well as it turned out they didn't need just a draw tbf, they finished 2 points behind City

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:29 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well as it turned out they didn't need just a draw tbf, they finished 2 points behind City
Yeah but no way would they have thrown it away against Crystal Palace if they got a draw against Chelsea
They were going for goals against Palace to catch up City's goal difference advantage

As much as Crystalbul was funny it wasn't what cost them winning the league
I'm absolutely certain even a draw against Chelsea would have been enough to win them the league

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:34 AM
dragflick

Quote:

That Chelsea starting 11
Has that Kalas £#%&!er played for them since?

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:38 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Has that Kalas £#%&!er played for them since?
Grimmers post before the match

Quote:
Actual quote from Tomas Kalas a couple of weeks ago: "I am a player for training sessions. If they need a cone, they put me there."

Starting against Suarez today. :shakehead:
That Chelsea win really was some kind of miracle or divine intervention
I'm not a huge fan of Mourinho but that result must give him huge credit in the Utd support bank

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Yeah but no way would they have thrown it away against Crystal Palace if they got a draw against Chelsea
They were going for goals against Palace to catch up City's goal difference advantage

As much as Crystalbul was funny it wasn't what cost them winning the league
I'm absolutely certain even a draw against Chelsea would have been enough to win them the league
You can't be absolutely certain about it unfortunately.

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:40 AM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

Quote:
No but let's just say I'm glad it wasn't put to the test

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
He can. This is not to be confused with it actually being a certainty, though.

In his own subjective way, he can be absolutely certain in his own mind that they would have won the league had they only got a draw v Chelsea.

I share his opinion, fwiw.

This viewpoint is regularly and deliciously re-inforced by a scouser in my local, who opines this 'fact' & recounts his sending me a text saying "oh shit" right after the slip & Ba's opener. I had no idea what had happened, as I'd been avoiding the game but clearly something good had gone down, little did I know just how good until I ventured out to watch the second half...

Needless to say, I was out for the full game v Palace. At 3-0, I told said scouse that there were "easily 3 more goals in this." I was 100% right but 100% wrong simultaneously but didn't give a £#%&! as I was doing a Ravaneli round the pub and laughing my arse off.

To this day, I still tease the £#%&!er by saying that if the most anti-scouse United fan had scripted it, they wouldn't have dared go so far.

True story.

Unread 27-04-2016, 12:22 PM
Stickman

God bless Chelsea for what they did that day.

The celebrations would have been on your screens for weeeeeeeks had they won it.

Back to one behind us, Gerrard and Rodgers with the trophy, Sturridge doing his little dance behind it. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Thank £#%&! for the Chelsea intervention.

Unread 27-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
God bless Chelsea for what they did that day.

The celebrations would have been on your screens for weeeeeeeks had they won it.

Back to one behind us, Gerrard and Rodgers with the trophy, Sturridge doing his little dance behind it. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Thank £#%&! for the Chelsea intervention.
Amen to that. At least we managed to establish a 2 Title bit of no-mans-land before throwing ourselves off our £#%&!ing perch.

Unread 27-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Switching Off

A draw would have kept them ahead. Ferguson, Mourinho, Mike Bassett, would have set them out to grind out that draw by any means necessary. Try and nick the 3 points if you can lads, but WE DO NOT GET BEAT.

Brenton went with three up front. Against Mourinho

I seem to remember when it was 1-0 they got a corner and Aspas took it and passed it to the Chelsea full back

Unread 27-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
A draw would have kept them ahead. Ferguson, Mourinho, Mike Bassett, would have set them out to grind out that draw by any means necessary. Try and nick the 3 points if you can lads, but WE DO NOT GET BEAT.

Brenton went with three up front. Against Mourinho

Brenton's chutzpah was perfectly summed up with Ba's goal:

It was the stroke of half-time, the score was 0-0 and the @#%&!s were set to win the league.

Before Gerrard's drunken crawl, check out how high their back-line is pushed on! All of them strung across the £#%&!ing half way line. £#%&!ing suicidal.

All it needed was one lazy pass, or slight miss-control, or slip (or hey, £#%&! it, let's have all 3) and BANG! your championship challenge collapses quicker than a wall at Heysel.

"And now you're gonna belieeeeeeeee-eeeve us..."

Unread 27-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
He can. This is not to be confused with it actually being a certainty, though.

In his own subjective way, he can be absolutely certain in his own mind that they would have won the league had they only got a draw v Chelsea.

I share his opinion, fwiw.

This viewpoint is regularly and deliciously re-inforced by a scouser in my local, who opines this 'fact' & recounts his sending me a text saying "oh shit" right after the slip & Ba's opener. I had no idea what had happened, as I'd been avoiding the game but clearly something good had gone down, little did I know just how good until I ventured out to watch the second half...

Needless to say, I was out for the full game v Palace. At 3-0, I told said scouse that there were "easily 3 more goals in this." I was 100% right but 100% wrong simultaneously but didn't give a £#%&! as I was doing a Ravaneli round the pub and laughing my arse off.

To this day, I still tease the £#%&!er by saying that if the most anti-scouse United fan had scripted it, they wouldn't have dared go so far.

True story.
Fair point, well made.

Unread 27-04-2016, 01:57 PM
Switching Off

Their fans also spent the night setting fireworks off outside the Chelsea hotel IIRC.

Unread 27-04-2016, 02:14 PM
Rorschach

They Dared to Dream.

Unread 27-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Big Norm

Reading some of the comments on the thread that day reminded me that after the slip Gerard spent the rest of the game trying to score a screamer from 30 yards when there were far better opportunities had he picked a pass, the selfish @#%&! (thank £#%&!).
Closed Thread