United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-03-2024, 04:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
I couldn't care less if there was anger over it before or not. I don't think a kit manufacturer should be playing around with a country's flag.
Well they do and not just England's kit....

Almost as if it doesn't matter and nobody cared until this snowflake of a generation lived their day permanently online and angry..

Unread 23-03-2024, 04:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Well they do and not just England's kit....

Almost as if it doesn't matter and nobody cared until this snowflake of a generation lived their day permanently online and angry..
If you say so mate.

Unread 23-03-2024, 04:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
I couldn't care less if there was anger over it before or not. I don't think a kit manufacturer should be playing around with a country's flag.
Why?

Unread 23-03-2024, 04:43 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Diet: Vegan
Politics: Green
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual Orientation: Pan
Brexit Stance: Remain

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:02 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Diet: Vegan
Politics: Green
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual Orientation: Pan
Brexit Stance: Remain
I assume that’s ’frying pan’?

Imagine getting upset because someone messed about with the internationally recognised symbol of your team and flag of your nation. Mad.

They should just let it go and forget all about it, like all United fans did when ‘football club’ was removed from our badge.

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:10 PM
NedKelly

Have noticed it now seems cool to be anti-LGBT. In light of this I’ve done a total 180 and put a rainbow flag up outside my house, and have decided to identify as a straight-leaning cisgender homosexual.

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:13 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Have noticed it now seems cool to be anti-LGBT. In light of this I’ve done a total 180 and put a rainbow flag up outside my house, and have decided to identify as a straight-leaning cisgender homosexual.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather_pride_flag

Big fan of this one, spotted at pride Amsterdam on a float full of happy smiling lads head to toe in leather and that.....

Feel like it's fun and welcoming with the heart, but the colours say "yeah, I'll £#%&!ing ruin you also kidda"

Subtle yet empowering flag...

Great bunch of lads...

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:17 PM
Finport Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
I for one, welcome your decision to change your identity to straight leaning.

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:28 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather_pride_flag

Big fan of this one, spotted at pride Amsterdam on a float full of happy smiling lads head to toe in leather and that.....

Feel like it's fun and welcoming with the heart, but the colours say "yeah, I'll £#%&!ing ruin you also kidda"

Subtle yet empowering flag...

Great bunch of lads...
Love this. Basically says “we’re kind-hearted degenerates”. More power to them.

First they came for the gay BDSM scene…

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:30 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Love this. Basically says “we’re kind-hearted degenerates”. More power to them.
Perfectly put...

Going to get a tiny one embroidered on the back ofy works blazer......

Let the office lads know what's what....

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:47 PM
magic_cantona

I'm genuinely hoping the powers that be change the words to the English national anthem to be more inclusive too. For a one off maybe:

"God save our brave, trans Queens,
Long live our brave trans Queens,
God save our Queens...

Send them fabulously,
Not wearing boots but heels,
Strutting on Canal Street,
God save our Queens"

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:51 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Perfectly put...

Going to get a tiny one embroidered on the back ofy works blazer......

Let the office lads know what's what....

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
I'm genuinely hoping the powers that be change the words to the English national anthem to be more inclusive too. For a one off maybe:

God save our Queens...

Send them fabulously,
God save our Queens"
Don’t let zorg see this.

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:54 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post

God save our Queens...

Send them fabulously,
God save our Queens"
I’m not sure they’d want that at the minute, given the health issues that seem to befall anyone coming into earshot of it.

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
I’m not sure they’d want that at the minute, given the health issues that seem to befall anyone coming into earshot of it.
Now you’ve put it like that, maybe zorg will actually be all for it. Woe betide the transsexual that bumps into him down a dark alley.

Unread 23-03-2024, 05:59 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Now you’ve put it like that, maybe zorg will actually be all for it. Woe betide the transsexual that bumps into him down a dark alley.
You reckon he might tell them his views on brexit?

Unread 24-03-2024, 09:09 AM
Hans Rimmer

Not surprising to see so many completely missing the point. Yes, the flag was changed to light blue on some of the Olympic gear in 2012, but that was purely a fashion statement; 2012 was a better and simpler time and pre-2014 when this mad type of politics infiltrated our daily lives.

What has happened here is a clear snide play by another giant US corp to try and strike a blow in the culture war, well we’re not buying it.

Great to see their share price tank, and politicians bring this underhand play to light. The marketers / gender cultists etc. knew exactly what they were doing here and good on Harvey Elliot may I add.

Go woke, go broke

Unread 24-03-2024, 09:32 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rimmer View Post

well we’re not buying it.

D
Thats one thing we can all agree on

Unread 24-03-2024, 03:35 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Not surprising to see so many completely missing the point. Yes, the flag was changed to light blue on some of the Olympic gear in 2012, but that was purely a fashion statement; 2012 was a better and simpler time and pre-2014 when this mad type of politics infiltrated our daily lives.

What has happened here is a clear snide play by another giant US corp to try and strike a blow in the culture war, well we’re not buying it.

Great to see their share price tank, and politicians bring this underhand play to light. The marketers / gender cultists etc. knew exactly what they were doing here and good on Harvey Elliot may I add.

Go woke, go broke
5% drop over 5 days is hardly tanking.

And I doubt a few Ingerland mouth breathers threatening to boycott Nike over 1 football shirt is going to cause a huge multinational company with revenues around $50 bill per year any problems.

Unread 24-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Go woke, go broke
Angry about a piece of clothing

Unread 24-03-2024, 03:45 PM
Hans Rimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
5% drop over 5 days is hardly tanking.

And I doubt a few Ingerland mouth breathers threatening to boycott Nike over 1 football shirt is going to cause a huge multinational company with revenues around $50 bill per year any problems.
Hans is the name, S&P 500 charts are my game and I can tell you 5% is a tanking in that 5D time frame.

I agree, it won’t harm the company too much at all, but it’s a bloody nose, and hopefully makes them think twice about pulling a stunt like that again.

Quote:
Angry about a piece of clothing
Have you ever been angry about eleven 20 something millionaires kicking a ball about?