United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Default Dennis Irwin - What a stupid £#%&!ing idiot eh?

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...&newsid=443729

Irwin: Owen is the key man

Former Red Denis Irwin has tipped Owen Hargreaves to make all the difference to United's team next season, and says the midfielder is Sir Alex Ferguson's best purchase of the summer.

Reds boss Sir Alex has said that, although attackers Nani and Anderson will get plenty of games for the Reds next term, they are "for the future".

However, former full-back Irwin expects Hargreaves to make the biggest and most immediate impact of the trio.

"Hargreaves really adds something to the squad because I don't think we've got a player like him in the current side," Irwin told MUTV. "He had a fantastic World Cup last summer and I just feel that he is going to be our biggest summer signing."

The signing of Hargreaves ended a year-long chase to bring the 26-year-old England international to Old Trafford. Irwin firmly believes it will be well worth the wait, adding that Bayern Munich's reluctance to sell is a very good sign.

"He's got experience having played for Bayern Munich for seven years," he said. "And their determination to keep him just shows how valuable he was and how highly they regarded him. I think he's going to be a really good signing for us."

United fans will get the first glimpse of how Hargreaves settles into the team when the Reds embark on a four-game tour of the Far East. The players, who have been training at Carrington, leave on Sunday before the first match against Urawa Red Diamonds on Tuesday.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I fully respect many people yet disaree with their opinion without calling them a "£#%&!ing stupid idiot"

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
believe

what a grade A @#%&!.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
koppas

I saw that interview yesterday.

Not much wrong in what he said.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Crumps

I once asked for his shoes and gave him a hug (against his initial wishes) when I was drunk.

bored

Are you going to pretend people are calling irwin an idiot now?

cowhead

why is he an idiot?

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:41 PM
koppas

Spoke to him for ages when I was 11 in 1995 before some party thing at OT.

Really nice bloke and a top defender to boot.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
The Return of JC

Phil Jagielka > Denis Irwin

Who's he to say Hargreaves will do well?

Ah yes, only one of the most intelligent and consistent players in our club's history.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:44 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpsall
I once asked for his shoes and gave him a hug (against his initial wishes) when I was drunk.

class

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Ether

He also recently said "Those who moaned that the Glazer family would just bleed Manchester United of cash for their own purposes must be feeling a bit silly this weekend...."

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:46 PM
El Calafate

Denis Irwin is a top bloke. nft.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Phil Jagielka > Denis Irwin

Who's he to say Hargreaves will do well?

Ah yes, only one of the most intelligent and consistent players in our club's history.
He's only seen half a decent game for England in the World Cup for Hargreaves yet somehow rates him as a great buy when better, cheaper alterantives such as the Jagster, Parker, Reo-Coker, Nolan, Barton and Gravesen were all available. Stupid £#%&!ing idiot is kind really isn't it.

Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Denis Irwin is a top bloke. nft.
He's not. He wouldn't give me his shoes nor did he want to hug me until I asked his missus if it was okay if I gave him a hug.

The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He's only seen half a decent game for England in the World Cup for Hargreaves yet somehow rates him as a great buy when better, cheaper alterantives such as the Jagster, Parker, Reo-Coker, Nolan, Barton and Gravesen were all available. Stupid £#%&!ing idiot is kind really isn't it.
In short, Denis Irwin should be killed.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:50 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
In short, Denis Irwin should be killed.
and his body dragged through the streets of Manchester as a warning to stupid £#%&!ing idiots who lack the basic ability to assess midfielders.

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:52 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
and his body dragged through the streets of Manchester as a warning to stupid £#%&!ing idiots who lack the basic ability to assess midfielders.
Shit yeah!

You da man, Bedders?

What next?

Bryan Robson or Roy Keane suggesting Carrick is better than Zokora?

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:55 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Shit yeah!

You da man, Bedders?

What next?

Bryan Robson or Roy Keane suggesting Carrick is better than Zokora?
You never know in this day and age. Some people have made out that Platini clone Tom Huddlestone is in fact a hulking fat imobile @#%&!, I can't believe it.

Unread 12-07-2007, 02:05 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You never know in this day and age. Some people have made out that Platini clone Tom Huddlestone is in fact a hulking fat imobile @#%&!, I can't believe it.
It's irrelevant anyway.

With all the 'I've got a funny feeling about this game' comments each time we play relegation fodder at home next season we're going to finish sixth anyway. So not even Huddlestone would make the difference.

Unread 12-07-2007, 02:09 PM
dodger

Typical Irwin, always £#%&!ing shooting his mouth off just to get himself in the papers. Rantagob @#%&!. £#%&!ing classless. Never rated him anyway.
Closed Thread