Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Conte?
Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2021, 05:15 AM
Stickman

I wouldnt personally want Conte despite him being an obviously superior manager. I just want us to nail the next appointment with the right man to compliment the squad.

Unread 03-10-2021, 05:21 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
It's October 2nd. Ffs
You can read a calendar, well done mate.

Unread 03-10-2021, 09:11 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I’m astonished there are still Ole backers.

Some Stockholm Syndrome shit going on.
Oslo Syndrome

Unread 03-10-2021, 10:04 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
It's October 2nd. Ffs
It’s also over 150 games into his tenure.

Unread 03-10-2021, 10:37 AM
Ronny

I’m sure Conte would be thrilled to work with Bruno..

His positional indiscipline and the lack of care with his passing in the final third.

I can see that going really well.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:04 PM
AK14

It’ll end up being Southgate

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Would rather stick with Ole.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Would rather stick with Ole.
No doubt about that.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:12 PM
dunk

Quote:

He can get £#%&!ed as well.

It’s like when we were courting Sven and Martin O’Neill to replace Fergie. Disgusting set of options.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Pop

Quote:

Get the £#%&! out of it with that shit

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:24 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

It’s like when we were courting Sven and Martin O’Neill to replace Fergie. Disgusting set of options.
It’s like being in a hotel that has a leaking rough and you’re refusing to move to the one across the street because you don’t like the wallpaper.

I’m not saying Conte would be much better but you can have a good guess that we will be getting better results.

Your excuses for not wanting these managers is proper head in the sand stuff. “His football’s shit”. “He’s a @#%&!”. No substance.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:32 PM
Pop

The thing is, nobody is good enough for Utd on here. Ever.

Kloop, @#%&! (though he is), Guardiola, bald. Conte, wig. Simeone, boring bastard. Allegri, black. None of them good enough.

Then you get £#%&!witts arguing the merits of Pochettino, that skateboarding hipster @#%&! at Bayern not to mention the sodding Brighton manager ffs.

Fold the club and be done with it all be £#%&!ed.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:39 PM
Danoli

How about he never builds anything that lasts and never stays anywhere long?

Look at the turnover of players he had at Inter Milan, is that what we want here?

He didn’t kick on with his Chelsea team after winning the title either finishing 5th the following season.

I just feel it would be short termiism with him and that won’t suit us given the array of young talent at the club that will need nurturing

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:47 PM
jem

allegri is always ranting about stop and search. just needs to get on with it.

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
It’s like being in a hotel that has a leaking rough and you’re refusing to move to the one across the street because you don’t like the wallpaper.

Get that but what if that ‘bad wallpapered’ hotel has a first class concierge service offering reasonably priced room service items not heavily marked up? And offers in-room pod coffee, m&m’s, towelling mules and an ample sized fridge allowing you to nip to M&S to grab a decent bottle of plonk at a fraction of the hotel’s prices? That wall paper thing begins to be less of a headache doesn’t it?

I’m right aren't I?

Unread 03-10-2021, 03:51 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
How about he never builds anything that lasts and never stays anywhere long?

Look at the turnover of players he had at Inter Milan, is that want we here?

He didn’t kick on with his Chelsea team after winning the title either finishing 5th the following season.

I just feel it would be short termiism with him and that won’t suit us given the array of young talent at the club that will need nurturing
Good points but are United building anything long term with Ronaldo and Varane?

A lot would take a league title and him clearing off. I’m sure everyone thought Cantona had that reputation as a player before he joined. Sometimes you need to give people chances.. Whether Ole has had his, debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Get that but what if that ‘bad wallpapered’ hotel has a first class concierge service offering reasonably priced room service items not heavily marked up? And offers in-room pod coffee, m&m’s, towelling mules and an ample sized fridge allowing you to nip to M&S to grab a decent bottle of plonk at a fraction of the hotel’s prices? That wall paper thing begins to be less of a headache doesn’t it?

I’m right aren't I?
You are but you’ve lost me.

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Was a time when MO'N looked like he might be the real deal, tbf.

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC

I’m not saying Conte would be much better but you can have a good guess that we will be getting better results.

Your excuses for not wanting these managers is proper head in the sand stuff. “His football’s shit”. “He’s a @#%&!”. No substance.
Typical short-term thinking. Look what Mou did. It's taken 3 years to return any sort of standing to the club. Conte would do the same. You're thinking about it from a desperation pov, that is always properly dangerous.

Conte lumbered Inter with Sanchez, Darmian, Vidal and Young and then £#%&!ed off. Do not want.

This squad was never winning the league. you can't win the league with no midfield unless you're Fergie.

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:38 PM
Sapien

Guardiola will be our next manager

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:40 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Typical short-term thinking. Look what Mou did. It's taken 3 years to return any sort of standing to the club. Conte would do the same. You're thinking about it from a desperation pov, that is always properly dangerous.

Conte lumbered Inter with Sanchez, Darmian, Vidal and Young and then £#%&!ed off. Do not want.

This squad was never winning the league. you can't win the league with no midfield unless you're Fergie.
I wouldn’t call it a desperation pov.. I’d say we have the best chance of winning the league in years and we have someone who simply isn’t a football manager in charge.

We’ve recruited better. Mourinho wanted to sign Maguire though..

If someone is brought in soon.. you’d like to think they have a more positive mindset than yourself when it comes to the midfield.

Would any top club want Solskjaer as their manager if he left United?
Closed Thread