United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-08-2007, 09:57 AM
violater

Default ryan giggs

jesus wept.

he was shit last night and if im to be honest he hasnt been impressive this calender year.

-he cant play on the wing anymore
-his finishing is abysmal to say the least (he was the reason we didnt win the fa cup)

the only playing time he should get is when nani is tired or injured.

Unread 16-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Rhodzy

Jesus is a red

Unread 16-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Darth Vidic

If we'd kept Rossi, we could be using Giggs as an impact player off the bench.

Look how effective he was at that last season, he turned the game against Wigan.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Flowers of Manchester

not slagging him off like most of you lot did wth Scholesy

you would have thought he would have learnt from the cup final miss

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Whalefish

He's never been a very good finisher. Certainly not reliable in front of goal or consistant. I cannot understand why Fergie thinks he can play as a striker.

It's as if Fergie thinks he HAS to play him no matter what. Bizarre.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:02 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
If we'd kept Rossi, we could be using Giggs as an impact player off the bench.

Look how effective he was at that last season, he turned the game against Wigan.
Yes, he's a good impact player. Sadly, he has to start now because, Anderson aside, I don't see anyone who can replace him at the mo.

Also, in his defence, there were numerous times last night when he was furthest forward and a high, lobbed ball was dropped towards his head. I think it's fair to say that's not his thing.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:02 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of Manchester
not slagging him off like most of you lot did wth Scholesy

you would have thought he would have learnt from the cup final miss
if you can praise a player you can slag off a player.
when hargreaves and anderson are fit giggs and scholes should be on the bench until the new players are tired or injured.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:03 AM
violater

you know what pisses me off so £#%&!ing much..

thats stupid one two flick giggs does.
to every player. its never come off. just recieve the ball and pass it to another player ffs

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:06 AM
King Schlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
if you can praise a player you can slag off a player.
when hargreaves and anderson are fit giggs and scholes should be on the bench until the new players are tired or injured.
%@#$&!s mate.

Scholes showed last night that he still has it in him. Ok, maybe he doesn't have 40-50 games a season in him anymore but its clear for all to see that Scholes is still a very important player for us.

As for Giggs, well im inclined to agree with you. He doesn't have it anymore to play out wide on the left and im not too sure him playing in the hole is a good idea either. When he's on form though he can be unstoppable at times so i can see why Fergie sticks with him even if he isn't playing so well.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Whalefish

Vio - quite impressed with Nani so far. Needs to get some more confidence but that will come with time. If he puts his foot down he looks like he has the beating of most Premiership defenders. Quite pleased with his impact to date, a goal or two would be nice as well.

Anderson's the one I want in the side asap, but I'm expecting Fergie to dump him out wide or behind the main striker. The latter might not be a bad move as he ups his fitness levels tbh.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:09 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
%@#$&!s mate.

Scholes showed last night that he still has it in him. Ok, maybe he doesn't have 40-50 games a season in him anymore but its clear for all to see that Scholes is still a very important player for us.

As for Giggs, well im inclined to agree with you. He doesn't have it anymore to play out wide on the left and im not too sure him playing in the hole is a good idea either. When he's on form though he can be unstoppable at times so i can see why Fergie sticks with him even if he isn't playing so well.
ruud used to do the same thing.

giggs is more evident but scholes is having a just as bad effect on the team. he scored yesterday just like ruud would do but his new position in midfield has become a problem.

carrick should be deep lying with scholes further forward.

if you cant play your best position well, you should be dropped not moved to another one.(giggs - forward / scholes - deep lying midfielder)

it will take until about xmas before this sinks in tbh.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Amish Mash

£#%&! me two games

How quickly are knees jerking on here?

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:10 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
%@#$&!s mate.

Giggs should only start games in europe, where he seems to be arsed. nft.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:10 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
£#%&! me two games

if you spot a leak do you wait until you are swimming around your house?

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:13 AM
Winston Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
£#%&! me two games

To be fair, Giggs has been shit this calendar year. I think his pass completion percentage must be about 25% at the moment. He's gonna have to play for the next few games with Ronaldo suspended

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Vio - quite impressed with Nani so far. Needs to get some more confidence but that will come with time. If he puts his foot down he looks like he has the beating of most Premiership defenders. Quite pleased with his impact to date, a goal or two would be nice as well.
Showed a real good burst of acceleration last night, was similar to Ronaldo setting Scholes against Tottenham last season (the tap in), except the ball went out of play, but that'll come

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:16 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Showed a real good burst of acceleration last night, was similar to Ronaldo setting Scholes against Tottenham last season (the tap in), er, except the ball went out of play, but that'll come
he is a very fast player. i like the look of nani. he has the courage ronaldo has meaning that as his finishing gets better he will unstoppable.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Flowers of Manchester

Vio - is all about opnions.

Scholesy to me can and is still doing it.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:17 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith
To be fair, Giggs has been shit this calendar year. I think his pass completion percentage must be about 25% at the moment. He's gonna have to play for the next few games with Ronaldo suspended
fergie will put fletcher in.
i dont think he is very happy with giggs.

tbh i cant see how he is picked as a forward. he misses far to many chances to be on of the players out there to actually score.

Unread 16-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
jesus wept.

he was shit last night and if im to be honest he hasnt been impressive this calender year.

-he cant play on the wing anymore
-his finishing is abysmal to say the least (he was the reason we didnt win the fa cup)

the only playing time he should get is when nani is tired or injured.
Correct.

Last night showed why we should never have sold Kieren Richardson. Left sided players, and ones as good as Kieren, are as rare as hen's teeth.

Giggs is playing poorly because he doesn't have a very talented youngster breathing down his neck anymore.

We should have put a buy back clause in his contract.
Closed Thread