United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Zorg

Well I'm shocked, saddened, appalled and saddened.

I've already had to work out a way of explaining to my as-yet unborn children why United's players were shouting at the referee about 12 years ago, and now this.

Unread 19-04-2011, 11:41 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
So, it appears the "Wembley dressing room trashed" story was exaggerated slightly. Reports now indicate £50 damage, 3" hole.

Unread 19-04-2011, 12:29 PM
numbnuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_paul_parker
yeap - it can't be scousers, the walls are intact

Unread 19-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Pop

Its also the back page headline on The Star and has been reported on Sky News too.

*If* Utd win a 19th title next month will the British government announce a national day of mourning?

Unread 19-04-2011, 01:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Its also the back page headline on The Star and has been reported on Sky News too.

*If* Utd win a 19th title next month will the British government announce a national day of mourning?
Remember those heady days back in 2007 when everyone briefly wanted United to win the league?

Until they realised we might actually do it...

Unread 19-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

the guardian is disappointed;
Quote:
The damage to Manchester United's dressing-room happened after the confrontation between Rio Ferdinand and Mario Balotelli. Photograph: Tom Jenkins for the Guardian
Manchester United will escape any action from the Football Association after their dressing-room was damaged following their FA Cup semi-final defeat at Wembley.

It is understood a wall was kicked after Manchester City had triumphed 1-0 and repairs were carried out before Stoke City used the facility the following day.

There have been suggestions that the FA would send the repair bill to United or write to the club reminding them of their responsibilities. But, according to FA sources, a decision has been taken to let the matter lie.

Manchester United said it was they who told the FA of the damage on Saturday evening. A club spokesman said: "We brought it to their attention on Saturday night, we apologised and offered to pay. It was about three inches in diameter and was only surface damage and not a hole."

It is also unlikely there will be any disciplinary action for the incident at the end of the game, when Rio Ferdinand and other United players were involved in an angry confrontation with the City striker Mario Balotelli.
Great newspaper.

Unread 19-04-2011, 01:56 PM
MJ Ramone

I love the way it's being reported as if we've "gotten away with something"
As if the FA are being lenient over the matter!

If ANY other Club in the country had been involved, it wouldn't even have been reported ffs. Talk about a nothing story.

Unread 19-04-2011, 01:59 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

The first ever time a dressing room wall has been kicked in anger or frustration after a game of football.

United, always pushing the boundaries

Unread 19-04-2011, 02:02 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The first ever time a dressing room wall has been kicked in anger or frustration after a game of football.

United, always pushing the boundaries
Yep.

We continue to bring shame on the English game.

The first & only manager to criticise a Ref post-match.
The first player to ever swear on a Football pitch near a TV camera.

& now this.

We're animals.

It's no wonder our players & manager are always serving suspensions.

Unread 19-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Baron

Imagine if this link was about a Scouse manager ffs

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...o-2269697.html

I suspect someone is for the high jump there for that but it's still £#%&!ing funny

Unread 19-04-2011, 02:47 PM
naes_sean

that URL is totally unacceptable. I'm going to write in and complain!

Unread 19-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
that URL is totally unacceptable. I'm going to write in and complain!
I think it's a wum actually from further investigation

Unread 19-04-2011, 03:44 PM
croberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Paul_Parker
Yeap - it can't be scousers, the walls are intact

Unread 19-04-2011, 04:27 PM
MakeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I think it's a wum actually from further investigation
Yeah you can change the url to whatever on the Independent, observe: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...n-2269697.html

Unread 19-04-2011, 05:17 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeBelieve
Yeah you can change the url to whatever on the Independent, observe: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...n-2269697.html
Closed Thread