United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:50 AM
MJ Ramone

Shock horror!
Rooney is the brunt of the forum boo-boys again. Yawn.

To a man. To a £#%&!ing man we were shocking tonight.

Ronaldo was arguably worse than Rooney..& he was playing in his favoured position (although he did go off on his customary European wander...& failed to track back time after time...but I suppose that's alright?)
Scholes wasn't in the game...Carrick passed the ball sideways or backwards...Rio & Vidic weren't great...Nev was ok, but he didn't look to get forward at all...Silvestre was awful (hope he's ok though)
O'Shea was annonymous.
Keeper was hit&miss....Larsson was poor aside from the goal (although his movement is very good)

Yes, Rooney's having a bad time but it's so pathetic the way so many people on here are almost 'enjoying' his current form...can't wait to get posting on here & stick the boot in.

We are (& have been for half a decade) shit in Europe.
Shit tactics, shit attitude, zero confidence.
The manager sends us out to play like that & I haven't got a £#%&!ing clue why

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Shock horror!

Ronaldo was arguably worse than Rooney..& he was playing in his favoured position (although he did go off on his customary European wander...& failed to track back time after time...but I suppose that's alright?)
Scholes wasn't in the game...Carrick passed the ball sideways or backwards...Rio & Vidic weren't great...Nev was ok, but he didn't look to get forward at all...Silvestre was awful (hope he's ok though)
O'Shea was annonymous.
Keeper was hit&miss....Larsson was poor aside from the goal (although his movement is very good)

Yes, Rooney's having a bad time but it's so pathetic the way so many people on here are almost 'enjoying' his current form...can't wait to get posting on here & stick the boot in.

dont be stupid, we're just pointing out his horrible form, not asking him to be sold ffs.

ronaldo was nowhere near as bad. rooney's form is a problem because we need him firing.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Shock horror!

O'Shea was annonymous.

Vidic was awsome tonight

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
Vidic was awsome tonight
Apart from his habit of passing the ball back to the keeper when under no pressure. Needs to work on his distribution.

And MJ, we point out Rooney's poor form because it has been a constant throughout the season. If we are going to win this league, we need him to get going.

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:04 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Apart from his habit of passing the ball back to the keeper when under no pressure. Needs to work on his distribution.

And MJ, we point out Rooney's poor form because it has been a constant throughout the season. If we are going to win this league, we need him to get going.
As apposed to Rio and Kriton's big hopeless hoof to Getridofitville?

Blame that on the lack of movement infront of him.

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:06 AM
Enjoying Insanity

One problem at the club, and especially in Eurooe and that is Ferguson.

Same old £#%&!ed up 4-5-1 %@#$&!s.

Completely ruining arguably the best young striker in the world by playing him on the wing.

Bizarre tactics and selections.

We have two thirds of £#%&! all chance of winning the Champions League this year, and have some of the best attacking talent in the world...... I wonder why that is....

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:13 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

I appreciate that & I agree. I'm desperate for him to spark into life as well.
But it's a mood that comes across in a lot of the posts about him...you know as if like people can't wait to get on this forum & have a little dig.
It's very rarely constructive either it's usually "Oh, I've never rated him anyway..he's not world class. Ronaldo's a million times better etc.." - my dad's bigger than your dad. Very childish.
It doesn't feel to me like they want Wayne to come good, more that they're glad he's playing badly because it gives them the chance to stick the boot in.

I'm concerned/frustrated by Rooney's form as well...but I can see that he feels that way too..that he's dissapointed with how it's going for him.
I'm convinced he'll come good because I know how good he can be.

I'll always give him the benefit of the doubt in Europe though because our tactics & attacking intentions in the Champions league are the antithesis of Manchester United football Clubs instinct..& players like Rooney will always be hampered by a negative approach to a football match.

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:15 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
One problem at the club, and especially in Eurooe and that is Ferguson.

Same old £#%&!ed up 4-5-1 %@#$&!s.

Completely ruining arguably the best young striker in the world by playing him on the wing.

Bizarre tactics and selections.

We have two thirds of £#%&! all chance of winning the Champions League this year, and have some of the best attacking talent in the world...... I wonder why that is....
Not many great attacking sides have won it often, including us. Especially when you include the dippers.

Most European games are dog shit. Why would he play our full stregth side when we're at home and 1-0 up, against a side that were going to play dirty?

If the players on the pitch had played better, or at least to half their potential we would have buried them. Rooney, wether on the left, right or in the middle has the ability to hold the ball up. turn and pass HE under performed not Fergie.

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:20 AM
jem

Default let's just agree

that rooney's form could be better and fergie is complete @#%&!, eh?

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:51 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
in europe, he has no %@#$&!s.
Absolutely.
And that's the reason we don't score goals in Europe..& the reason we worry about the opposition rather than how to score ourselves.

If we had the balls to actually attack this competition like we used to I'd have a sneaking that we could go on & do quite well. As it is all I can see is us going out next round - 0-1 away from home, 0-0 at Old Trafford - Whoever we draw.

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:52 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Absolutely.
And that's the reason we don't score goals in Europe..& the reason we worry about the opposition rather than how to score ourselves.

If we had the balls to actually attack this competition like we used to I'd have a sneaking that we could go on & do quite well. As it is all I can see is us going out next round - 0-1 away from home, 0-0 at Old Trafford - Whoever we draw.
How does that work then? we've only won it once and that wasnt down to any system

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:59 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
How does that work then? we've only won it once and that wasnt down to any system
We won it because we believed we could win every game we went into.
We also believed we would score in every match - which we managed to say the least.
There was no 'stifiling tactics'...no 'fear factor'

It was all about outscoring the opposition.
I believe it was our destiny to win it that year, but we enjoyed ourselves in Europe in those days. The players look uncomfortable now...like their hearts aren't really in it.

And yes it was down to a 'system' - 4-4-2. Basic as you like.
2 wingers with great delivery, great dead ball skills, incredible work rate & desire.
A Leader in the centre of the park partnered by a creative goal scorer.
+ 2 orthodox strikers up front - one with pace who poaches..the other who comes deep to get the ball.
It may well be frowned upon in some corners, but for me it's the only way to play the game.

Unread 08-03-2007, 02:00 AM
wonky no

Quote:
We also believed we would score in every match - which we managed to say the least.

I believe it was our destiny to win it that year, but we enjoyed ourselves in Europe in those days. The players look uncomfortable now...like their hearts aren't really in it.

2 wingers with great delivery, great dead ball skills, incredible work rate & desire.
+ 2 orthodox strikers up front - one with pace who poaches..the other who comes deep to get the ball.
It may well be frowned upon in some corners, but for me it's the only way to play the game.
but we were losing before we eventually won, hardly tactical genius was it?

Unread 08-03-2007, 02:24 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
As apposed to Rio and Kriton's big hopeless hoof to Getridofitville?

Blame that on the lack of movement infront of him.
FFS. They had no - one to pass to the front line and midfield weren't showing. This was mainly due to the tight marking of Lille. That Makoun looked very good, we could sign worse than him.

Ronaldo & Rooney had poor games, face it. More due to Lille than them but Rooney's first touch seems to have gone to the Phealans.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:18 AM
Grimson

Can't be arsed reading the whole thread, but Ronaldo will win at least 3 CLs.

With us or with someone else, who is to say. But that lad is going to win medals.

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

1999 was a great season. Agreed. It was also a one off. It was also very little like you paint it. For a start off United tried their hardest to £#%&! up every game they played in in that campaign bar the Brondby ones.

And to say they weren't edgy in the second half at OT v Bayern, and shitting themselves in the second half v Inter and throughout the first 80 minutes of the semi final is a joke.

And it wasn't a simple 4-4-2 either. What we did have was Beckham and Giggs, two players of the very highest quality both on blob throughout the competition - including being easily our best players in the final.

This year we have two fine players again. But only Ronaldo has so far stepped up. That's not tactics, is it £#%&!. That's about bottle, and so far Rooney hasn't managed to make his mark.

Please don't give me that shit about his position in the system, he can hardly control the £#%&!in ball he's that nervous. Scholes was poor last night as well, which is a pity.

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Shock horror!
Lol. ffs. bbq.

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Torquemada

I can't believe anyone can seriously slate Scholes for his performance last night - his passing and movement were excellent, and he almost scored in the first 10 minutes.

It wasn't a great game, but we held our nerve, defended (for the most part) solidly, and scored a very good goal. It wasn't pretty, but the Murderers actually won the competition playing exactly that sort of football a couple of years back, so think on....

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
I can't believe anyone can seriously slate Scholes for his performance last night - his passing and movement were excellent, and he almost scored in the first 10 minutes.

It wasn't a great game, but we held our nerve, defended (for the most part) solidly, and scored a very good goal. It wasn't pretty, but the Murderers actually won the competition playing exactly that sort of football a couple of years back, so think on....
Poor by his own high standards

Maybe Lille closed down his options much of the time, but quite a few times he didn't use the ball as well as he should've - the platform was there for him.

Unread 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM
jem

Quote:
but we were losing before we eventually won, hardly tactical genius was it?
you may not have noticed, but the team that won the final was not the team that got us there.

and we were losing to a ridiculous free kick that should never have been given.

we beat everyone worth beating that year and we did it in style. it is totally £#%&!ing obvious that the reason that we've been poor since then is a reluctance to go for it. we play a cagey game which is totally alien to our players (doesn't work at home either, I have to say.... last week-end's victory was totally unconvincing).

our approach should always be to score goals, not to make sure we don't concede.
Closed Thread