United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
n48

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyone know how bad the pitch is?
I dunno but Duncan Ballanytre's declared himself out.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:34 AM
The Return of JC

VDS

G Nev
Rio
Vidic (I think he needs to play through his 'sticky patch')
Evra (Heinze if Evra ain't fit. Thought he was just a doubt. Nothing confirmed)

Giggs
Scholes
Carrick
Ronnie

Larsson
Rooney

Subs:

Smith
Silvestre
Park
O'Dear
Krusty

I think we'll be fine tonight. They are no great shakes and I think their chance to exert any authority on the tie went when VDS saved from Bodmer.

All bark and no bite and United will be up for it. I can't see them containing us or scoring the 2 goals they need.

Nervy United start, but 2-0.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Bishovetz

Edwin
Gary
Rio
Vidic
Heinze
Ronnie
Carrick
Scholes
Giggs
Rooney
Henrik

Subs:
The Pole
O'Shea
Brown
Silvestre
Park
Smith
Richardson

Unread 07-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Barca '91

how anyone could want 50p head to start ahead of Gabby is taking some drugs that I would like to get hold of.

Big bits of poo actually come flooding out of my arse everytime he gets near the ball.

Unread 07-03-2007, 12:03 PM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
how anyone could want 50p head to start ahead of Gabby is taking some drugs that I would like to get hold of.

Big bits of poo actually come flooding out of my arse everytime he gets near the ball.

very true.

Unread 07-03-2007, 12:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:

I agree. But I also think he did well at Anfield when he came on.

I think Vidic and Evra were off the pace, maybe due to them not quite realising how intense Liverpool v United games can get.

Once Silvestre came on I thought we looked a lot more solid and calmed down at the back.

Credit where it's due, but there's still no way he should start ahead of Heinze tonight.

Unread 07-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I agree. But I also think he did well at Anfield when he came on.

I think Vidic and Evra were off the pace, maybe due to them not quite realising how intense Liverpool v United games can get.

Once Silvestre came on I thought we looked a lot more solid and calmed down at the back.

Credit where it's due, but there's still no way he should start ahead of Heinze tonight.

Silvestre neraly cost us the game when he came.

He doesn't react to situations whatsoever and his awareness is dreadful at times.

On two occasions he dithered with the ball instead of getting rid, turning back inside and giving the ball back to VDS on his weaker side.

He puts pressure on us unnecessarily.

Unread 07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Silvestre neraly cost us the game when he came.

He doesn't react to situations whatsoever and his awareness is dreadful at times.

On two occasions he dithered with the ball instead of getting rid, turning back inside and giving the ball back to VDS on his weaker side.

He puts pressure on us unnecessarily.
I don't remember him costing us the game.
I'd hardly call a back pass to VDS's weaker side 'nearly costing us the game'. VDS should be able to kick with both feet.

I seem to remember us looking a lot more calm and settled once he came on.

It may just have been coincidence, but we certainly settled once he was introduced.....which was also obviously the reason he was introduced.

I'm no Silvestre fan, merely an observation.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
jem

Default silvestre is a liability

but at least he's predictable in his lack of positional sense and focus and he can put in a decent cross (um... not that saha's playing, but still...). and he's quite quick, which will be useful tonight.

whereas heinze has been a donkey in his last couple of game, of comedy value only. wafting tackle-like gestures, clumping about, laughing at everything.... he needs to have his ears taped down.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Okay here's one for you all:

Richardson would be a good bet for a left-back spot tonight.

[SIZE="1"]steps back into the shadows giggling

I'm serious by the way.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Richardson would be a good bet for a left-back
left back at JCT 9 of the M60 I presume?

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Quality.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Or right-back behind the goal

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Or right-back behind the goal
Or centre back...

....Centre back homa to his family and friendsa.....

sorry.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Or centre back...

....Centre back homa to his family and friendsa.....
Sadly, that made me laugh.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:51 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Sadly, that made me laugh.
I admit to chuckling myself (accompanied with an ashamed head shake upon while typing).

Ssssshhhhh, no one needs to know.

Unread 07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

In all seriousness, if we are attacking (we need to destroy these @#%&!s!) then surely Richardson overlapping would be better than Heinze?

We could take to the field tonight with something similar to Barca last night in terms of set up. More 3-5-1-1/3-4-2-1 than 3-4-3, but even so:

..........................................VDS

......................Neville........Ferdinand.... ....Silvestre

..........Park.....Ronaldo..... Carrick....... Giggs ........Richardson

.................................Rooney

.............................................Larss on

Confused? You won't be at 4-0! Is Scholes fit to play btw?

Unread 07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I don't remember him costing us the game.
I'd hardly call a back pass to VDS's weaker side 'nearly costing us the game'. VDS should be able to kick with both feet.

I seem to remember us looking a lot more calm and settled once he came on.

It may just have been coincidence, but we certainly settled once he was introduced.....which was also obviously the reason he was introduced.

I'm no Silvestre fan, merely an observation.
Watch the game a bit closer then.

VDS can kick with both feet, unlike a lot of keepers, but he shouldn't have to deal with balls coming back to him in the dying minutes when he is surrounded by Liverpool players. The weight of both pass backs also left a lot to be desired.

Once is perhaps forgivable but twice is nothing short of stupidity.

Unread 07-03-2007, 03:18 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Watch the game a bit closer then.

VDS can kick with both feet, unlike a lot of keepers, but he shouldn't have to deal with balls coming back to him in the dying minutes when he is surrounded by Liverpool players. The weight of both pass backs also left a lot to be desired.

Once is perhaps forgivable but twice is nothing short of stupidity.
I did.

I saw Vidic and Evra struggle with the pace of Bellamy and the long balls arched towards Gerrard. I saw them both get caught in possession at least twice when tricky back passes would've more than sufficed. I think they struggled with the tempo of the game and we needed a little experience back there.

Fergie spotted this and changed Silvestre for Evra to combat it.

From that moment we were far more comfortable with and without the ball.

Now, this may be a coincidence, but it's unlikely. He's no world beater, I know, but I think his experience proved vital at a delicate time for us in the game.

If a couple of slightly tricky back passes to a world class keeper are the price to pay for overall stability, then I'll take it.

My original point is that we improved at the back once he was introduced, it might be coincidence, but it's unlikely.

Unread 07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
gbmufc

...."How bad is the pitch?"

Its a mean mother£#%&!er and I wouldnt let Sylvestre any where near it.
Closed Thread