Unread 07-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Coracao

Talking

[YOUTUBE]aNMxeSkKcXE&mode=related&search=[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 07-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I love this one. Edmundo gets sparked right out, and well deserved, too. He starts it all with a slap, gets slapped back, then loses his bottle and pretends to be hurt, thinking that will end everything...wrong.

[YOUTUBE]PGV9auzotfU[/YOUTUBE]
"The Animal". Brazilians, eh?

Unread 07-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Serenity Now

Default LDU - Barcelona

[YOUTUBE]udopQV39LiE[/YOUTUBE]
BTW props to anyone who can find footage of Boca-Chivas in the Libertadores quarter finals a couple of years back.

Unread 07-03-2007, 02:35 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I reckon Toldo probably did some damage, did you see the way he went storming into the Valencia changing room? Not a guy you want to pick a fight with.
He looked like he meant business there.

Unread 07-03-2007, 02:42 AM
tatty

Vidic v All-comers Smackdown

Vidic 10-1 on
Draw 25-1
Inter+Valencia squad 100-1

Unread 07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
forzagarza

Lovely stuff. Banning them would be a disgrace.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't know what happened initially but it seemed to be Nicolas Burdisso (Int) and Carlos Marchena (Val) going at it. Burdisso lost his head, but Miguel and a few Valencia players seemed to have managed to wrestle him away from the trouble until David Navarro decided to run onto the pitch smack him in the face.

Looked like Toldo burst into the Valencia dressing room to find Navarro, with Figo and Cambiasso trying to follow him.
What on earth was Dave Navarro of The Chili Peppers doing at that game? More to the point, why did he feel the need to 'bundle in' in such a way. I always found his axemanship anything but aggressive.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquemada
What on earth was Dave Navarro of The Chili Peppers doing at that game? More to the point, why did he feel the need to 'bundle in' in such a way. I always found his axemanship anything but aggressive.
I believe it was suggested that the Chili's have got away with re-recording the same crappy funk-rock song over and over again for 5 years and that Faith No More piss on them.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I believe it was suggested that the Chili's have got away with re-recording the same crappy funk-rock song over and over again for 5 years and that Faith No More piss on them.
Agreed. I'd take Big Jim Martin's fret wizardry over Navarro's funk-lite noodlings anyday.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Zorg

I was sat about four feet from this

[YOUTUBE]Z8vHUsi6Ycc[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 08-03-2007, 01:29 PM
HarkNowHear

[YOUTUBE]sru0OgPYAog[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
£#%&!ing Sky and their smug semi-xenophobic indignation
Totally agree.. It seems acceptable to be able to peddle the usual stereotypes when it pertains to Italy or Italian sides.. rewind to various world cups when if the commentator had come out with the same crap and applied it to an African side they'd be branded racist..

Was it not only a week or so ago that Arsenal and Chelsea were kicking off big style.

Can't be doing with this sactimonious drivel that the likes of Tyler and beforehand Barry Davies used to come out with..

...everyone loves a good ruck.

All this "what kind of an example are they setting for the kids" just does my head in.. I've said to my Son many a time that the only thing that seperates pampered highly paid footballers from the general Riff-Raff you see everywhere, is the fact they happen to be blessed with the talent to kick a football.

Unread 08-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Totally agree.. It seems acceptable to be able to peddle the usual stereotypes when it pertains to Italy or Italian sides.. rewind to various world cups when if the commentator had come out with the same crap and applied it to an African side they'd be branded racist..

Was it not only a week or so ago that Arsenal and Chelsea were kicking off big style.

Can't be doing with this sactimonious drivel that the likes of Tyler and beforehand Barry Davies used to come out with..

...everyone loves a good ruck.

All this "what kind of an example are they setting for the kids" just does my head in.. I've said to my Son many a time that the only thing that seperates pampered highly paid footballers from the general Riff-Raff you see everywhere, is the fact they happen to be blessed with the talent to kick a football.
I think the big problem is that these supposed experts have to sound like they know what they're talking about, when in reality they don't actually watch much football from outside of England and thus have no £#%&!ing idea what they're talking about. Throw in the need to hype up the English game (especially for Sky) and the general British attitude to foreigners, and I suppose it's inevitable that they end up spouting the same shit based on the same old stereotypes every time.

Your point on the whole "think of the children" angle is spot on. It's such bullshit that in the end you just have to laugh about it.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Fountz

Quote:
and the general British attitude to foreigners, and I suppose it's inevitable that they end up spouting the same shit based on the same old stereotypes every time.
This can also have the reverse effect aswell..

I remember when Real Madrid beat us at the Bernabeu a few years ago and Figo put in what was obviously a bad cross, which caught our keeper by surprise and went in.. they wet themselves, and out came the usual platitudes "the talented continentals" etc etc.. they literally creamed themsleves over Real Madrid and painted them as the Brazil ( don't get me started on them ) of club sides..
.. a few weeks later I was listening to Radio 5 and they were building up to the next round of EuropeanCup matches.. "Who can beat Real Madrid ?... give the cup to them now they deserve it"..

Utterley delighted when Juventus clinically dumped them out.

I'll stop.. but spleen is not fully vented.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Coracao

As an attacking outfit that Madrid side were quite something. There were times during the return leg where we couldn't get the ball off them. It led up to their 2nd goal. As an attacking side, they are the best i've seen us play over the past 10 years.

As good as they were going forward, they were equally shite at the back. We missed numerous chances to get back into that game and £#%&!ed them up.

Juventus deployed good tactics over the two legs, they exploited space left by Carlos time and time again.

European football seemed a bit more entertaining then, and it was only 4 years ago.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
As an attacking side, they are the best i've seen us play over the past 10 years.
I was always impressed with that Juventus side that came to Old Trafford in the late 90's ( 98 I think )

Remember Zidane with bandaged knee having a stormer, but the player who really impressed me was one of their fullbacks..
Can't remember his name* ( longish dark hair and a goatee, looked like Jesus )
..anyway he was superb.. head down, beatifully timed tackles, never flash, always aware of players around him... could be hard when he needed to be and did the the odd dribble/feint that Giggs would've been proud of..

He was like a faster and even better version of Dennis Irwin..

* Help us out Lads.. what was his name.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
This can also have the reverse effect aswell..

I remember when Real Madrid beat us at the Bernabeu a few years ago and Figo put in what was obviously a bad cross, which caught our keeper by surprise and went in.. they wet themselves, and out came the usual platitudes "the talented continentals" etc etc.. they literally creamed themsleves over Real Madrid and painted them as the Brazil ( don't get me started on them ) of club sides..
.. a few weeks later I was listening to Radio 5 and they were building up to the next round of EuropeanCup matches.. "Who can beat Real Madrid ?... give the cup to them now they deserve it"..

Utterley delighted when Juventus clinically dumped them out.

I'll stop.. but spleen is not fully vented.
Whenever you hear the word "continentals" (those foreigners, they're all the same aren't they) you can guarantee that you're in for a load of bullshit.

Anyway, I couldn't agree more and it all stems from the fact that they don't have a £#%&!ing clue.

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
I was always impressed with that Juventus side that came to Old Trafford in the late 90's ( 98 I think )

Remember Zidane with bandaged knee having a stormer, but the player who really impressed me was one of their fullbacks..
Can't remember his name* ( longish dark hair and a goatee, looked like Jesus )
..anyway he was superb.. head down, beatifully timed tackles, never flash, always aware of players around him... could be hard when he needed to be and did the the odd dribble/feint that Giggs would've been proud of..

He was like a faster and even better version of Dennis Irwin..

* Help us out Lads.. what was his name.
Torricelli?

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Fountz

Thumbs up

Quote:
Torricelli?

That's the fella..

Unread 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:

That's the fella..
Juve were a great side back then. Still not a patch on Arrigo Sacchi's Milan mind!
Closed Thread