United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:47 AM
taff

Default Team v. Everton

keep thinking this is tomorrow, the death and rebirth of our lord and saviour is all very well but it's £#%&!ed my schedules right up

anyway

VDS

O'Shea
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Nani

Rooney
Berbs

Pea on when they get sleepy

Unread 22-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Neo

Default Re: Team v. Everton

I was hoping Anderson could become a key player for us over the next few weeks, but he was £#%&!ing £#%&! at Newcastle. However, Giggs, who was also shit on Tuesday, will probably need a rest so I'll go with Anderson and Carrick in the middle. I reckon Carrick will need a rest soon as well.

Pea on the bench. Save him for Schalke and try and get Berbatov back on scoring form at Old Trafford. Selecting him should boost his confidence a bit after his horror show at Wembley. Valencia looks knackered as well, so I'll go with Nani and Park on the flanks.

If the twins are fit I'd play both.

Edwin

Rafael --- Smalling --- Vidic --- Fabio

Nani --- Anderson --- Carrick --- Park

Berbatov --- Rooney

Unread 22-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I was hoping Anderson could become a key player for us over the next few weeks, but he was £#%&!ing £#%&! at Newcastle. However, Giggs, who was also shit on Tuesday, will probably need a rest so I'll go with Anderson and Carrick in the middle. I reckon Carrick will need a rest soon as well.

Pea on the bench. Save him for Schalke and try and get Berbatov back on scoring form at Old Trafford. Selecting him should boost his confidence a bit after his horror show at Wembley. Valencia looks knackered as well, so I'll go with Nani and Park on the flanks.

Edwin

Berbatov --- Rooney

Park is bound to play in Germany, and I also think we have to play the most attacking formation we can on Saturday. Valencia makes my team.

Also think theres a chance we'll see Giggs on sat seeing as Scholes cant be used for domestic rotation until Blackburn.

Rafael/Oshea could go either way, Rafaels the better player but SAF might want OShea's experience in Germany while it could also make sense to play Rafael in the league match as well to give us more attacking impetus. Its a game ideally we'll be wanting to win by half time if it can be achieved. (though I realise Everton can be a difficult proposition)

Im thinking:

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
Smalling
Evra (wake the £#%&! up)

Valencia
Giggs
Carrick
Nani

Rooney

Berbatov

giving us - Lindegaard, OShea, Fabio, Anderson, Gibson, Park Hernandez

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:13 PM
MJ Ramone

VDS

Rafael
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Nani
Carrick
Anderson (although I think Gibson might start)
Valencia

Rooney
Berbatov (although he's doubtful with a groin strain apparently)

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:17 PM
andyroo

Van der Sar
Rafael Smalling Vidic Fabio
Valencia Carrick Anderson Nani
Rooney Berbatov

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Neo

Thumbs up Re: Team v. Everton

SSN reporting that Rafael has recovered from his hamstring injury.

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: Team v. Everton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
SSN reporting that Rafael has recovered from his hamstring injury.
Yeah, he's in the squad for tomorrow apparently.

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Neo

Fletcher's back in the squad as well.

Just waiting for the 'Hargreaves is in the squad' announcement now and we're all set.

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Tumescent Throb

VDS
O'Shea
Smalling
Vidic
Evra
Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Fabio
Rooney
Hernandez

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Fletcher's back in the squad as well.
I thought he was still 10 days away?
I'd be surprised if he played any part tomorrow, but he'll be good to have back for the Schalke games.

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Strap On Sally

Park will play.

VDS

O'Shea
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Valencia
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Rooney
Hernandez

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I thought he was still 10 days away?
I'd be surprised if he played any part tomorrow, but he'll be good to have back for the Schalke games.
Just saw on SSN that he's fully recovered from his 'virus'.

I don't think he'll start tomorrow but he might be on the bench.

Will be great to have him back for the run-in, especially if he can re-capture his best form.

Who knows, we might even get a fair crack at the Barca @#%&!s with him in the side this time.

Unread 22-04-2011, 12:58 PM
magic_cantona

From the BBC:

Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta are both nearing a return but Saturday's match could come too soon for them.

Man Utd

Suspended: Scholes (one match)

Doubtful: Berbatov (groin), Ferdinand (calf)

Injured/unavailable: Fletcher (virus), Hargreaves (shoulder)

Everton

Doubtful: Cahill (foot), Arteta & Heitinga (both hamstring)

Injured: Baxter (hamstring), Fellaini & Saha (both ankle)

Arteta and Cahill both missing

Fancy us to go with Rooney and Berbs and hopefully, play our two wingers and score two early goals.Not asking for much

Hope Gibbo is nowhere near and Rafa comes back in too.

Unread 22-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Kuschak

Rafael
Vidic
Smalling
Evra

Park
Gibson
Anderson
Nani

Berbs
Owen

Unread 22-04-2011, 01:29 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Edwin

Berbatov --- Rooney
fabio is a good shout, would be happy to see him start given how evra's played lately.

i think everton's threat will come from the sides - valencia tends to do well in keeping his man pinned back so i'd stick him up against baines; either that or someone to give cover behind nani. rafael is more than capable but i think ferguson is probably inclined to go with o'shea. can also see park on the left to track coleman.

Unread 22-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Liu Jian

We should give Evra a rest and hope he recovers for Schalke imo. Positionally he has been all over the place the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Unread 22-04-2011, 01:41 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
We should give Evra a rest and hope he recovers for Schalke imo. Positionally he has been all over the place the last 2 or 3 weeks.
Agreed.

Unread 22-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Edwin

Berbatov --- Rooney
Very interesting line-up & it has too be said that, SAF could do a lot worse than too start with that 11 of yours

Unread 22-04-2011, 04:29 PM
£#%&! KFC

everyone seems to be forgetting Rooney is always shite against Everton at home....five games against them at home 0 goals and plenty of awful misses

keeep him on the bench and rest for him Tuesday

Vds
Rafael
Vidic
Smalliing
Fabio

Nani
Carrick
Anderson
Park

Pea
Berbs

Unread 22-04-2011, 06:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Evra (wake the £#%&! up)
is this the evra who never gets a £#%&!ing rest?

tommy k

rafael - smalling - vidic - fabio

gibson

valencia - anderson - nani

rooney - cheech

save berbs for his translation skills, rest vds, giggs and carrick, scholes can't play.... tell gibson to get stuck in.
Closed Thread