United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Default Well, as we stumble though to our inevitable exit in the next round..

..can I just say that if Ronaldo wants to win the european cup in his career, he'd be better off elsewhere. Because there is no way in hell we'll be winning it again in the forseeable future.

Rooney, who does himself no favours in europe by seeming to adopt the touch of a rapist, seems to be getting worse as he gets older.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
..can I just say that if Ronaldo wants to win the european cup in his career, he'd be better off elsewhere. Because there is no way in hell we'll be winning it again in the forseeable future.

Rooney, who does himself no favours in europe by seeming to adopt the touch of a rapist, seems to be getting worse as he gets older.
I don't think a has ever been more fitting.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:05 PM
MUFC One Love

Sparky, stop moaning. It was shite, but I can guarantee we will do better against a bigger side in the next round. Tonight was about getting through against a organised team with a lot of 'things' happening since the 1st leg. Rooney playing outwide helped him to.

I just hope it was a WU post because it sums up our support if not.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sparky, stop moaning. It was shite, but I can guarantee we will do better against a bigger side in the next round.
Can you!!?? Seriously?

Come on mate. We're utter gash in this comp every £#%&!ing year. It's only for the grace of god that we drew the weakest team left who had less composure infront of goal than gareth gates on speed.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
violater

Quote:

ok sparky..

madrid and barca are the two clubs he is heavily linked with.

ill offer you any odds you like those two clubs dont win it this season.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:11 PM
MUFC One Love

Sparky, yes we are, but that's not really because we are shit, it's the tactics employed, if we play our game we're the best left in it but we'll play that shit system and play a 'scared' way and go out.

Your post is a ridiculous over-reaction supporting United must be tough for you if you get all worked up coming out with comments about Ronaldo like that over that match, ffs.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
ok sparky..

madrid and barca are the two clubs he is heavily linked with.

ill offer you any odds you like those two clubs dont win it this season.
Ok maybe I'm being a drama queen on the whole ronaldo thing.

But my biggest fear is that on nights like this he might look around him and think, "why are these people so afraid to express themselves?" He was truly on his own out there tonight in an attacking sense.

And yes, one love, I do get worked up watching United. It's one of my flaws.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Not just in Europe, his touch has been abysmal all season.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
borsuk

Quote:
...the touch of a rapist
a cracker. one to remember, indeed, which never loses its originality.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
irk

Quote:
Can you!!?? Seriously?

Come on mate. We're utter gash in this comp every £#%&!ing year. It's only for the grace of god that we drew the weakest team left who had less composure infront of goal than gareth gates on speed.
i'd love a game of army with a whizzing gareth gates - his machine gun noises would be mint!

you're dddddd ddddd dddddddd dddddd dead!

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Tony Spilotro

Quote:

But my biggest fear is that on nights like this he might look around him and think, "why are these people so afraid to express themselves?" He was truly on his own out there tonight in an attacking sense.

Agreed on that, yet another big game and yet again its only ronaldo who looks good enough to do anything.

He is ten times the player rooney is, always has been.

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spilotro
Agreed on that, yet another big game and yet again its only ronaldo who looks good enough to do anything.

not ten times but i have constantly said he is a much more talented player...

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Leroyloverod

Ronaldo was poor tonight. Aside from the cross for the winning goal .

Unread 07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Spilotro

The only attacking players who consistently play well for us in Europe are Giggs, and well...no-one. Been the same for 10 years, he has been the one player, especially at OT on a European night that you always expected a performance from. Ronaldo and Rooney have barely produced 10 good games between them in Europe, the mind set of the team does not help to be fair.

Rooney will never be a True world class player until he improves his first touch. An excellent domestic player, but at the top level defenders will make him pay for that weakness. I hope he works on it, he has so much else to his game, but it is regularly exposed by Top sides. His over reliance on his right foot also is a problem.

Not a kneejerk reaction, it has been obvious for a while, and it can not be blamed on playing on the wing, such a basic part of your game should not be troubled by a different part of the pitch.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The only attacking players who consistently play well for us in Europe are Giggs, and well...no-one. Been the same for 10 years, he has been the one player, especially at OT on a European night that you always expected a performance from. Ronaldo and Rooney have barely produced 10 good games between them in Europe, the mind set of the team does not help to be fair.

Rooney will never be a True world class player until he improves his first touch. An excellent domestic player, but at the top level defenders will make him pay for that weakness. I hope he works on it, he has so much else to his game, but it is regularly exposed by Top sides. His over reliance on his right foot also is a problem.

Not a kneejerk reaction, it has been obvious for a while, and it can not be blamed on playing on the wing, such a basic part of your game should not be troubled by a different part of the pitch.
Post of the night Tiberian. Nice one.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:07 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Sparky, yes we are, but that's not really because we are shit, it's the tactics employed, if we play our game we're the best left in it but we'll play that shit system and play a 'scared' way and go out.

Your post is a ridiculous over-reaction supporting United must be tough for you if you get all worked up coming out with comments about Ronaldo like that over that match, ffs.
it's not an overreaction, precisely because of your first point. if we weren't very good, it would be easier to accept. what is so disappointing is that we beat ourselves.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Luffy

Its not Rooney's touch, its his all round game, he's lost his fire, his passion and hunger, or maybe just his confidence and a bit of fitness. He probably needs a rest.

Look at Kaka, someone who plays in Rooney's position to see the difference between what Rooney used to do to what he does now, picking up the ball, tackling back, beating players and terrifying them with his pace and strength. oh and great vision and shooting as well. Its like someone captured Rooney and replaced him with a fat clone.

Rooney barely gets a chance to even shoot now, he used to shoot like 5 times per match.

Somethings wrong there.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:19 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Its not Rooney's touch, its his all round game, he's lost his fire, his passion and hunger, or maybe just his confidence and a bit of fitness. He probably needs a rest.

Look at Kaka, someone who plays in Rooney's position to see the difference between what Rooney used to do to what he does now, picking up the ball, tackling back, beating players and terrifying them with his pace and strength. oh and great vision and shooting as well. Its like someone captured Rooney and replaced him with a fat clone.

Rooney barely gets a chance to even shoot now, he used to shoot like 5 times per match.

Somethings wrong there.
Touch is the key part of an attacking players game. Good first touch makes the rest of the game easy, or easier. At the moment the ball is coming to him, bouncing off him, getting trapped under his feet, 2/3 touches to control, and any space that was there has been closed down by the time he is actually in control. Main reason why he is having fewer shots.

I have lost count of the number of times a corner has been cleared to him, and his first touch has led to a tackle on the edge of the box when a shot was on.

It can not be helping his confidence, if you can't trust such a basic part of your game the what can you trust.

Fitness is also an issue, his burst of pace seems to have deserted him, and he looks laboured in his running style. No pre season and a lot of pressure on him to play most games can not help.

He is still contributing, his football brain is top class, and he makes the right decisions, but for at least a year now his form has been way below his best.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:24 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Touch is the key part of an attacking players game. Good first touch makes the rest of the game easy, or easier. At the moment the ball is coming to him, bouncing off him, getting trapped under his feet, 2/3 touches to control, and any space that was there has been closed down by the time he is actually in control. Main reason why he is having fewer shots.

I have lost count of the number of times a corner has been cleared to him, and his first touch has led to a tackle on the edge of the box when a shot was on.

It can not be helping his confidence, if you can't trust such a basic part of your game the what can you trust.

Fitness is also an issue, his burst of pace seems to have deserted him, and he looks laboured in his running style. No pre season and a lot of pressure on him to play most games can not help.

He is still contributing, his football brain is top class, and he makes the right decisions, but for at least a year now his form has been way below his best.
yeah he has the worst control in our team at the moment, I trust silvestre to control the ball better than rooney right now.

but i find its always a bit of a cop out to say "his problem is his touch". it goes deeper than that and you have to go deeper than that if you hope to find a cure. you're not wrong though, clear as day the lad isn't right, that one from nevilles throw in was attrocious, megged himself ffs.

Unread 08-03-2007, 12:28 AM
wonky no

treble.

God you £#%&!ing perfectionists are becoming a right pain in the arse.

Tonight we saw Rio 'snake hips' Ferdinand send the crowd the wrong way TWICE and Gary 'skills' Neville do the type of back heal that could have only been learned in the back streets of Brazil.
Closed Thread