United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
He's just a Norwegian Lee Chapman ffs.

Buy a midfield and a proven goalscorer ffs.
Mate.....

Have you seen the kid play? He's a bit of an anomaly... absolute unit with bags of pace, a lovely first touch on his left peg & seems to score all kinds of goals, most importantly he gets plenty of poachers finishes on top of the spectacular stuff which is why he's bagging hatties all over the place.

He reeks of Utd, I don't give much of a shit if Martial has to compete with another top quality forward for his shirt. If he's available it's a no-brainer for me.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:16 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Mate.....

Have you seen the kid play? He's a bit of an anomaly... absolute unit with bags of pace, a lovely first touch on his left peg & seems to score all kinds of goals, most importantly he gets plenty of poachers finishes on top of the spectacular stuff which is why he's bagging hatties all over the place.

He reeks of Utd, I don't give much of a shit if Martial has to compete with another top quality forward for his shirt. If he's available it's a no-brainer for me.
I'd agree with Harland, very much a "United" player. For me Sancho would be luxury. Signing a player that seems to have a very high opinion of himself, and seems to have disciplinary issues is surely against everything Ole seems to be pushing. Martial, Rashford, James, Harland up top with Pereira and Greenwood as back up is plenty. A proper footballing centre midfielder is more of a necessity for me as Pogba is spent, Fred cannot pass a ball and big Scott cant do it all himself.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:26 AM
windy waffles

Buzzing for this transfer

Buy him in January, loan him back and get him roaring to go in the summer.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Seamus

He would be a good signing

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Buzzing for this transfer

Buy him in January, loan him back and get him roaring to go in the summer.
Makes perfect sense, he gets to develop & play every week knowing he's already bagged his big move & a massive pay rise. We get to show the current forward line they need to deliver. Squad already improved in the medium term & should be a statement to others that we're continuing with this youth first approach & any young players around should want to be involved.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Patty_b

Love to see the big blonde bombshell join, would be a cracking addition. Agree that Sancho would be a luxury, if we were going to spend the sort of money needed to get Sancho in, I'd rather see it spent on a midfielder tbh.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
I'd agree with Harland, very much a "United" player. For me Sancho would be luxury. Signing a player that seems to have a very high opinion of himself, and seems to have disciplinary issues is surely against everything Ole seems to be pushing. Martial, Rashford, James, Harland up top with Pereira and Greenwood as back up is plenty. A proper footballing centre midfielder is more of a necessity for me as Pogba is spent, Fred cannot pass a ball and big Scott cant do it all himself.
Bit of an overreaction to him turning up late once?

Sancho is a far better fit for what we need imo. Rashford looks great on the left; Martial looks increasingly promising as the striker. Getting someone like Sancho who is a natural for the right of a front three is perfect. Proven at a higher level than Haaland too.

Wouldn't complain at both, although it could suggest we don't have a plan for the team. But Sancho priority for me.

Unread 19-11-2019, 11:59 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Sancho is a far better fit for what we need imo. Rashford looks great on the left; Martial looks increasingly promising as the striker. Getting someone like Sancho who is a natural for the right of a front three is perfect. Proven at a higher level than Haaland too.

Wouldn't complain at both, although it could suggest we don't have a plan for the team. But Sancho priority for me.
no room for james then? sancho underwhelming. need midfielders. harland, fine. but not sancho pants.

Unread 19-11-2019, 12:08 PM
NedKelly

Definitely agree that James deserves his shot but this talk that Sancho is overrated/has attitude problems. Didn’t he turn down big bucks at City so he could guarantee himself first team football at Dortmund? That’s the exact kind of attitude I’d want our players to have to be honest.

Unread 19-11-2019, 12:08 PM
shenwen

This lad’s banging hatties because he’s playing in a pub league.
Doesn’t mean he’s not got great potential of course but anyone expecting him to drop into the PL and start hammering in goals may be disappointed.

I still think we should go for him though and he is good back up and huge potential. Sancho I’m just not that fussed about.

Unread 19-11-2019, 12:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
This lad’s banging hatties because he’s playing in a pub league.
Doesn’t mean he’s not got great potential of course but anyone expecting him to drop into the PL and start hammering in goals may be disappointed.

I still think we should go for him though and he is good back up and huge potential. Sancho I’m just not that fussed about.
He's banging in goals in the Champions League pal. 7 goals in 4 games. Is that a pub league?

Unread 19-11-2019, 12:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no room for james then? sancho underwhelming. need midfielders. harland, fine. but not sancho pants.
Jadon Sancho: Underwhelming. Luxury we don't need.

Honestly would never think we're an upper mid-table side

Midfielders should be the first issue on the agenda.

Unread 19-11-2019, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
For what?

Buy them all ffs. It's going on the debt anyway. May as well go out with a bang!

Unread 19-11-2019, 01:03 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Buy them all ffs. It's going on the debt anyway. May as well go out with a bang!
Would be funny if Steady Eddie ends up going full Peter Ridsdale (mind you Sánchez's contract was very much his tribute to Pete's giving Seth Johnson 30k a week)

Unread 19-11-2019, 01:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Not really that natural a fit given Sancho is much better from the left
He plays right at Dortmund because he's the junior guy there but anyone who watched him in the City and England youth teams knows he's much better coming in from the left and being a goal scoring threat

I think when he talks with the clubs most interested in signing him he'd want assurances that he would mainly be playing from the left
Given Rashford is solidifying the wide left forward position for club and country that isn't something we can do

Personally would prefer we sign a left footed wide forward who's best position is as a wide right forward

Unread 19-11-2019, 01:30 PM
shenwen

Quote:
He's banging in goals in the Champions League pal. 7 goals in 4 games. Is that a pub league?
How many hat tricks?
One.
Vs Genk

Still impressive for his age

Unread 19-11-2019, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not really that natural a fit given Sancho is much better from the left
He plays right at Dortmund because he's the junior guy there but anyone who watched him in the City and England youth teams knows he's much better coming in from the left and being a goal scoring threat

I think when he talks with the clubs most interested in signing him he'd want assurances that he would mainly be playing from the left
Given Rashford is solidifying the wide left forward position for club and country that isn't something we can do

Personally would prefer we sign a left footed wide forward who's best position is as a wide right forward
Whatever happened in his youth career, he's currently an outstanding wide right forward. That's where he's made his name. At the top level he's barely tested on the left. Would be bizarre for United to not show interest on these grounds.

If he feels strongly about it then it's a different matter.

Unread 19-11-2019, 03:42 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Whatever happened in his youth career, he's currently an outstanding wide right forward. That's where he's made his name. At the top level he's barely tested on the left. Would be bizarre for United to not show interest on these grounds.

If he feels strongly about it then it's a different matter.
Wouldn't rule it out. They didn't sign De Ligt because his old man was too fat.

Unread 19-11-2019, 03:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Wouldn't rule it out. They didn't sign De Ligt because his old man was too fat.

Must say I'm finding it strange that we're looking for so many different reasons for United not to sign Jadon Sancho.

Unread 19-11-2019, 03:57 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Must say I'm finding it strange that we're looking for so many different reasons for United not to sign Jadon Sancho.
here's three

Closed Thread