United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:20 PM
dunk

Default Re: Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
At least Rooney did nothing off the ball yesterday. Oh hang on...
What did he do?

He didn't do anything on the ball that's for £#%&!ing sure.

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What did he do?
nothing.

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
nothing.
Didn't think so, forced into his shell, or not quite as tough when it actually matters?

Unread 07-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Didn't think so, forced into his shell, or not quite as tough when it actually matters?
i was on about his movement - he did £#%&! all off the ball.

Unread 07-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
luisnani Nani
thank you for your support after my injure. i hope to be back really soon.
From his twitter.

Unread 07-03-2011, 06:48 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
From his twitter.
Fergie could do with signing up on twitter so we know what the £#%&! is going on.

Unread 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
Fergie could do with signing up on twitter so we know what the £#%&! is going on.
He's refusing to tweet to his twitter account.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Zigzawya

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
oh £#%&! half pint is here, i thought when you got banned off Fred Tissue this would be over
Brilliant

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
From his twitter.
Sounds positive.

Hopefully he's back for the Arsenal cup game. He always does well against them.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:22 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Sounds positive.

Hopefully he's back for the Arsenal cup game. He always does well against them.
They're allowed to kick him though. Wenger said so because he hurt their feelings by juggling the ball.

Unread 07-03-2011, 07:46 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:03 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the injury is a horrible one and anybody having a go at nani for his behaviour should have a long look at themselves. there's plenty of supposed supporters who can't wait for any excuse to have a pop at our own players, it's embarrassing at times.

the sight of the actual injury was completely unnecessary for dowd to do his job, of course. he wasn't unsighted, carragher went over the ball with a straight leg and studs up, it should have been the easiest decision for any referee. the tackle was a potential leg breaker and dowd failed in his most basic duty of ensuring the safety of the players. he should be removed from the list for the season.

more generally, some of the tackles that have gone unpunished over the last few weeks have been shocking. carragher's and rodriguez's yesterday, caldwell's last week, not to mention some of the assorted body checks and stamps on the achilles (an ivanovic speciality) from chelsea. unfortunately it's easy for a referee to make a name for himself by 'standing up to' fergie and united while simultaneously playing up to the home crowd, especially when it concerns a player whose media stereotyping provides an excuse like nani the diver or rafael the hothead.
He was crying ffs! the way he went down the second time with his legs in the air was bizarre too.

nasty gash and lucky not to have his leg broke but crying? never seen anything like it.

Unread 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdopeas84
i heard that the gash went straight to the bone and thats why he was in agony
it's usually the bone that goes straight to the gash. wonky pm-ed me that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the injury is a horrible one and anybody having a go at nani for his behaviour should have a long look at themselves. there's plenty of supposed supporters who can't wait for any excuse to have a pop at our own players, it's embarrassing at times.

the sight of the actual injury was completely unnecessary for dowd to do his job, of course. he wasn't unsighted, carragher went over the ball with a straight leg and studs up, it should have been the easiest decision for any referee. the tackle was a potential leg breaker and dowd failed in his most basic duty of ensuring the safety of the players. he should be removed from the list for the season.

more generally, some of the tackles that have gone unpunished over the last few weeks have been shocking. carragher's and rodriguez's yesterday, caldwell's last week, not to mention some of the assorted body checks and stamps on the achilles (an ivanovic speciality) from chelsea. unfortunately it's easy for a referee to make a name for himself by 'standing up to' fergie and united while simultaneously playing up to the home crowd, especially when it concerns a player whose media stereotyping provides an excuse like nani the diver or rafael the hothead.
I hear you, brother. the rest of the record-buying public says rooney should have be banned and nani deserved it for faking every other time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
we are the knights who say na-ni.

ferie's the knight who says nowt. or nqat.

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up Re: Nanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

we are the knights who say na-ni.
very good

Unread 07-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Zorg

If I'd been on the end of that tackle I'd have just gone :

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:31 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!

What was yesterday then?
We've got a couple more days to get over it, though

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Neo

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Unread 08-03-2011, 12:54 AM
taff

here we go

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...amie-carragher

Quote:
Nani feels let down by Manchester United over their failure to complain publicly about the tackle by Liverpool's Jamie Carragher that forced him off the field at Anfield with a badly gashed leg.

Nani was withdrawn at half-time of Sunday's defeat and, although United were privately furious at Carragher's challenge, which they felt merited a red rather than a yellow card, they have not commented on the incident because of a media black-out imposed by Sir Alex Ferguson.

United's manager refused to speak to any media outlets after the game, including the club's own television station, and instructed his coaching staff and players to remain silent.

Sources close to Nani said the winger believes the club should have shown support for him publicly. United's chief executive, David Gill, was sufficiently incensed by Carragher's tackle to voice his complaints to the referees' chief, Mike Riley, at half-time in the directors' box.

Carragher tried to apologise to Nani after the game but it is understood the Portuguese was unwilling to engage with the defender, who was denied access by United's players to their dressing room. He then waited outside with the intention of saying sorry but Nani is understood to have walked by.

Nani does not expect his injury to sideline him for long. "I would like to thank supporters for their good wishes and I hope to be back really soon," he said.

Unread 08-03-2011, 01:10 AM
Neo

Thumbs up Re: Nanners

Quote:
"He then waited outside with the intention of saying sorry but Nani is understood to have walked by".
Not a serious injury then.
Closed Thread