United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-01-2017, 12:28 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well I saw that and it triggered me to £#%&!.

Proper triggered.

Saw Lingard's "roger from the nickelodeon cartoon doug" face and his dabbing.

Instantly went into windmill mode. Both online and in real life... Shadow boxing.

Think before you post.
Imagine the Shadow won, hands down.

Unread 27-01-2017, 12:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Imagine the Shadow won, hands down.
score draw

Unread 27-01-2017, 12:37 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
score draw
Sparky gets punched:

"Well, I think we all know what's coming next..."

Unread 27-01-2017, 12:51 AM
MagnificentSeven

wasn't herrera supposed to be the successor to carrick?

then blind?

kinda shit way to end our unbeaten run tonight but 16 games unbeaten is an impressive record for any club.

£#%&! it either way though. wembley.

Unread 27-01-2017, 01:34 AM
Tumescent Throb

surely it's the best possible way to end the unbeaten run?

it cost us £#%&! all and we still went through...

Unread 27-01-2017, 01:52 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

As long as they view it as a defeat and regroup accordingly then yes, definitely.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
As long as they view it as a defeat and regroup accordingly then yes, definitely.
well considering it's wigan at home next it's pretty likely they won't wake up till next week. would advise some of you to give the game a miss.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:04 AM
browser

Quote:
Right. Because you honestly couldn't be comparing Jesse Lingard, an utter goblin faced chancer, to the same Pedro who has won 3 european cups, a world cup and european championship...and about 20 trophies in 8 years making 300 appearances for arguably the best club side ever?

Because that would honestly be one of the most #@&%!ed things anyone has ever said on here. And this is a forum with Pure and Fat Goth.

Well I for one remember that time you could see reading getting back into it. Glass houses and big £#%&! off boulders and all that.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:08 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
wasn't herrera supposed to be the successor to carrick?

then blind?

kinda shit way to end our unbeaten run tonight but 16 games unbeaten is an impressive record for any club.

£#%&! it either way though. wembley.
herrera is an attacking midfielder playing out of position. and blind is... um.... an intelligent footballer and useful cover in several positions. so, no.

the problem is that we have a shitload of players like lingard, mata, mkhitaryan, rooney*, pogba, schweini..... and not so many carrick. at least blind has some carrickteristics. maybe we could call him league cup carrick if we weren't taking it seriously.

what we need is players in midfield who are mobile, disciplined, tough buggers who can put in a solid tackle and leave some @#%&! on his arse. physically, players like valencia and tfm. unfortunately, valencia is playing right back because.... well.... because darmian. and tfm isn't getting a look in because... well.... because mourinho.

valencia - carrick - tfm. that's a midfield. then worry about whether our attacking players and wing backs are fit enough, fast enough or organised enough to do anything around that.

at best, mourinho will stick herrera next to carrick and call that a midfield, whilst pogba wanders wherever the £#%&! he likes. well, fine, let pogba wander, but sacrifice an attacking player, not a midfielder.

at least, if we are going to play two men deep, carrick plus one, so we can accommodate say mkhitaryan and pogba, as well as a couple of rashford, martial and ibra, then the one next to carrick has to be a midfielder. not someone who can sort of tackle if he has to.

alternatively, find a paul mcgrath to play next to bailly. good luck with that.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Well I for one remember that time you could see reading getting back into it. Glass houses and big £#%&! off boulders and all that.
Well I for one don't really give a flying £#%&! what you remember about anything.

How's that, £#%&!o?

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:10 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we need to replace carrick.

but... right now... we don't need to replace carrick. we need to give him a £#%&!ing chance by picking a midfield around him that won't be doing tricks on the edge of the opposition penalty area whilst he covers the whole £#%&!ing midfield.

the problem is not carrick's age. jose either doesn't pick him.... and we look awful. or he does pick him and then expects him to be bryan robson. or paul mcgrath. or both. every week. it's £#%&!ing insane.
Should just put Tony V in there for me, can't believe nobody's seen it yet. Essentially Vidal with a wet perm. Two footed, composed and a great range of passing. Worth a go at least surely?

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:12 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

that depends whether you think form can be isolated in one game or whether you see a pattern across the season. I find it's more useful to look at the performances than it is to look at the results. we are struggling for consistency within games. we don't convert our chances. we don't look particularly organsised defensively or in attack.

hull got a ridiculous penalty and we had a much better shout for one. with another ref, we could won 3-0. it wouldn't change anything.

so it's not the best way to end our unbeaten run. the best way would have been to have played well and lost.

Quote:
Should just put Tony V in there for me, can't believe nobody's seen it yet. Essentially Vidal with a wet perm. Two footed, composed and a great range of passing. Worth a go at least surely?
no. valencia is not a carrick replacement any more than neville p was a veron replacement. and you're just being silly.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:16 AM
browser

Quote:
Well I for one don't really give a flying £#%&! what you remember about anything.

How's that, £#%&!o?
£#%&!o? Really? All the amazing swear words in this world and you went with £#%&!o?? Have some £#%&!ing pride man.

Just thought I'd point out that backing a United FA cup winnng goal scorer on a United forum is nowhere near as stupid a statement as backing reading to get back into the game at old Trafford when they're 0-2 down and we have had around 70% possession with 60 mins gone.

Got a black cab back from Charing Cross tonight, little bald gobliny guy at the wheel. Had everything crossed that it was you, alas! Another time maybe.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:18 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
£#%&!o? Really? All the amazing swear words in this world and you went with £#%&!o?? Have some £#%&!ing pride man.

Just thought I'd point out that backing a United FA cup winnng goal scorer on a United forum is nowhere near as stupid a statement as backing reading to get back into the game at old Trafford when they're 0-2 down and we have had around 70% possession with 60 mins gone.

Got a black cab back from Charing Cross tonight, little bald gobliny guy at the wheel. Had everything crossed that it was you, alas! Another time maybe.
He chastises me for my lack of original insult...

then predictably goes for the whole 'sparky is teh cabbeh huhuhuhuh'

If only i were as smitten with you as you clearly are with me....

treacle.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:34 AM
browser

Quote:
He chastises me for my lack of original insult...

then predictably goes for the whole 'sparky is teh cabbeh huhuhuhuh'

If only i were as smitten with you as you clearly are with me....

treacle.
Where did i say anything remotely derogatory about your job? My point was your hypocrisy, your pessimism is responsible for some of the stupidest shit ever posted on here. You spend 90% of your time criticising a club you purport to support on a forum aimed at fans of the team. It's infuriating. There was a 6 month period of positivity post moyes where you made a fair bit of sense, strange that when you get your ideal manager in you go off the deep end in terms of negativity. Have a read of some of the past match threads (of games we won) and read your posts in isolation. Like a spoiled 5 yr olds diary. If you can't find joy in your footy team winning you're making life hard for yourself.

Try turning that frown upside down every once in a while, 2nd cup final in 2 seasons

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Where did i say anything remotely derogatory about your job? My point was your hypocrisy, your pessimism is responsible for some of the stupidest shit ever posted on here. You spend 90% of your time criticising a club you purport to support on a forum aimed at fans of the team. It's infuriating. There was a 6 month period of positivity post moyes where you made a fair bit of sense, strange that when you get your ideal manager in you go off the deep end in terms of negativity. Have a read of some of the past match threads (of games we won) and read your posts in isolation. Like a spoiled 5 yr olds diary. If you can't find joy in your footy team winning you're making life hard for yourself.

Try turning that frown upside down every once in a while, 2nd cup final in 2 seasons
Most of my inane sounding off on here isn't done for anyone's approval, I do it because that's what I feel like saying at the time. Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't.

Such is life.

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:50 AM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Most of my inane sounding off on here isn't done for anyone's approval, I do it because that's what I feel like saying at the time. Sometimes people agree, sometimes they don't.

Such is life.
apology accepted

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:51 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
£#%&! me, I've seen some stupid things said on here, but that is up there with them.

Don't think I have ever seen a more one footed player than Tony V. Has he actually ever used his left foot?

Unread 27-01-2017, 02:53 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
£#%&! me, I've seen some stupid things said on here, but that is up there with them.

Don't think I have ever seen a more one footed player than Tony V. Has he actually ever used his left foot?

Unread 27-01-2017, 03:17 AM
jem

Quote:
even I feel your pain on that one.