United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: How many points will we get?
0 - Doomtastic 1 2.08%
1-3 We're shit mate 1 2.08%
4-9 Still ropey away from home 14 29.17%
10-12 Some sort of recovery 22 45.83%
15 We'll piss the league 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM
safingtons

Default Re: Our next 5 away games - how many points will we get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
our away performances have been dismall this season.
yes boss, any sort of improvement on that should see us win the league.

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
yes boss, any sort of improvement on that should see us win the league.
let's hope our medical staff are on form, then.

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:17 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Captain Obvious speaks
well, yes.... but then saying "if we start winning away, we'll win the league" is pretty meaningless too.

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:21 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, yes.... but then saying "if we start winning away, we'll win the league" is pretty meaningless too.
Its inevitable away form will improve, as the teams we face away are getting worse.

spurs will be the only threat though i fancy us to be more alert against some of the stronger teams in england. its those mid to lower half of the table cretins we underestimate.

west brom today summed it up, hopefully itll be a watershed moment of shiteness away from home and we actually win convincingly at blackpool and wolves, and not scab it.

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Its inevitable away form will improve, as the teams we face away are getting worse.

spurs will be the only threat though i fancy us to be more alert against some of the stronger teams in england. its those mid to lower half of the table cretins we underestimate.

west brom today summed it up, hopefully itll be a watershed moment of shiteness away from home and we actually win convincingly at blackpool and wolves, and not scab it.
I'd take scabbing it tbh, 3 points are 3 points

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:27 PM
jem

Quote:

ok.... so the team we face are getting worse, but they're the teams we underestimate? and they're getting worse, but the next team we play away is spurs? I don't even want to think about how it is inevitable we will improve.

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:28 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
I'd take scabbing it tbh, 3 points are 3 points
Of course youd still take it, id be over the moon with 6 scabbed pts vs blackpool and wolves but we really should be beating those comfortably, even if missing scholes and nani like today.

too many players hiding in away games.

and its time for fletcher to be kept away from the team, central or right midfield, hes back to his mediocre best this season, been saying it since september.

bring back cleverley, not with huge expectations or pressure on him, would just be good to have another option, especially with park away. i just dont want to see fletcher or gibson on the right again tbh

Unread 01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
ok.... so the team we face are getting worse, but they're the teams we underestimate? and they're getting worse, but the next team we play away is spurs? I don't even want to think about how it is inevitable we will improve.
yes, which is why we won today, in spite of us not giving a shit for 95% of the game. we can probably scab it against blackpool and wolves too but id rather we turned up away from home for once.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

and its time for fletcher to be kept away from the team, central or right midfield, hes back to his mediocre best this season, been saying it since september.

sadly I find myself in total agreement with this....playing for those £#%&!ing Scotland clowns isn't doing him any favours he should retire from international football

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:15 PM
borsuk

thought fletcher was alright in the second half today. not having his best season but having to play wide right because we've got no wingers isn't doing him any good tbf.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
thought fletcher was alright in the second half today. not having his best season but having to play wide right because we've got no wingers isn't doing him any good tbf.
maybe we expect too much from him now because he has been excelleent for the last three years

but defo something lacking with him at the moment can't ever remember him giving the ball away so much and first half today his final ball was poor in good positions, maybe with Nani and Tony V back he will get back in the centre

not scored many this season either has he

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:34 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
maybe we expect too much from him now because he has been excelleent for the last three years

but defo something lacking with him at the moment can't ever remember him giving the ball away so much and first half today his final ball was poor in good positions, maybe with Nani and Tony V back he will get back in the centre

not scored many this season either has he
missing scholes, i'd say, they compliment each other well. the whole team is missing scholes though tbf.

four wingers out at once is a right shitter. no surprise we're not looking fluent. be interesting to see if cleverley comes back in jan, there looks to be some opportunity for him and i'd sooner he was given chances than obertan or bebe, looks much more promising than either atm.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:41 PM
MJ Ramone

It'd be nice to think we'd look to buy a winger during this window, in order to really kick on & win the thing.
Can't see that happening mind you.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
jem

it would be nice to think we could have one player who, after receiving the ball wide, could look up and pick out one of our own.

there is one obvious contender. :0)

£#%&!ing hell, is there any £#%&!ing excuse for the quality of our crossing? it's not that £#%&!ing hard. fletch was as guilty as anyone today, but obertan and bebe don't have a £#%&!ing clue.

at least rooney can take a corner.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Our final ball at times this season, either out wide or through the middle has been careless as £#%&!.
We should have finished off teams time & time again.

Unread 01-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Darth Vidic

Would rather we playing Bebe out there rather than Gibbles or Fletchinho.
Closed Thread