United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Vedder

Ruuuuuud

Unread 23-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Shweeeet.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Tiberian

On a side note, how bad is the league at the moment? Post World Cup seasons can often be a little strange but take out Chelsea and the PL is desperately mediocre. Chelsea are a solid side but their comparative struggles in Europe suggest they are still a work in progress. Could win the league by 20 points in a walkover.

Comedy stuff from both teams at the back yesterday at different points of the game. Go back 5/6 years and Utd had prime Rio and Vidic, Chelsea had prime Terry and Carvahlo, Liverpool had Hyypia and Carragher. All quality defenders and key to those teams being consistently strong in the CL in that era. Years beyond his best Terry and over-hyped Kompany are the 2 best in the league currently, major gap after that.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:09 PM
dunk

Cracking hit from Giroud tbf.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:11 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Matched welbecks number of PL goals with that. Despite being out for 3 months. Oof.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Will have to watch it agin but DDG did well to get a hand to it he hit it that early. How many of them go in with the keepEr stood flat footed watching the ball go in behind em at their near post?

At least one against City iirc.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
On a side note, how bad is the league at the moment? Post World Cup seasons can often be a little strange but take out Chelsea and the PL is desperately mediocre. Chelsea are a solid side but their comparative struggles in Europe suggest they are still a work in progress. Could win the league by 20 points in a walkover.

Comedy stuff from both teams at the back yesterday at different points of the game. Go back 5/6 years and Utd had prime Rio and Vidic, Chelsea had prime Terry and Carvahlo, Liverpool had Hyypia and Carragher. All quality defenders and key to those teams being consistently strong in the CL in that era. Years beyond his best Terry and over-hyped Kompany are the 2 best in the league currently, major gap after that.
Seems to be a europe wide problem. Just look at barca, with a 18 month transfer ban looming they decided to sign a 30 yr old average leftback like mathieu to be their centrehalf and the perennially injured vermaelen(thank £#%&! we didnt get him btw).

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:16 PM
ashtonred

Great win and I won 140 quid

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:18 PM
jem

de gea was badly positioned for the goal, but the real problem was that smalling had moved out of the middle - carrick and mcnair looked like slow-moving clowns. arsenal should have played that ball more often. and let welbeck run at mcnair when he moved wide.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Seems to be a europe wide problem. Just look at barca, with a 18 month transfer ban looming they decided to sign a 30 yr old average leftback like mathieu to be their centrehalf and the perennially injured vermaelen(thank £#%&! we didnt get him btw).
Its £#%&!ing Claude Makele's fault. There's a generation of 6ft plus holding midfielders who should have been ball playing centre halves.

Unread 23-11-2014, 02:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Matched welbecks number of PL goals with that. Despite being out for 3 months. Oof.
Did he? Fair play.

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Cannot believe the negativity about yesterday. I was there (Top Red) and haven't seen the highlights but

- makeshift defence with kids
- everyone played well with the exception of RVP
- classic soak up the pressure hit them on the break away performance
- Fellaini and Carrick tamed their bitch/dwarf midfield
- De Gea was immense
- a real sense of defiance and fight

Needless to say, I was sweating at 2-1 as I had an exotic bet including a horse I own a leg of, a team who were 2-0 down at home to Shrewsbury having been gubbed at Warrington a couple of weeks ago and United

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Ginners

jammy bastard

that slow beast could be interesting come april

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

rouge

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:28 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Cannot believe the negativity about yesterday. I was there (Top Red) and haven't seen the highlights but

- De Gea was immense

Needless to say, I was sweating at 2-1 as I had an exotic bet including a horse I own a leg of, a team who were 2-0 down at home to Shrewsbury having been gubbed at Warrington a couple of weeks ago and United

Fantastic .. bloody fantastic

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:39 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

- De Gea was immense

The rich get richer. Ffs. :shakehead:

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
rouge
Big boy shit.

Unread 23-11-2014, 07:13 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
jammy bastard

that slow beast could be interesting come april
Already qualified for the Grand National according to the handicapper - TEMPTED

Unread 23-11-2014, 07:24 PM
believe

Baller

Unread 24-11-2014, 02:29 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Just watching the game again. If I was an arsenal fan of be £#%&!ing fuming we let that tbf. Carrick 2nd half is the best shift A few have put in for a while. RvP awful though, Di Maria was pretty £#%&!ing poor too.

The much maligned Smalling, Young and Fellaini all having decent games tbf. Funny to see Young the sub substituted though