United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Re: Todays Football

From OptaJoe on Twitter: "Sunderland are the only team in the Premier League this season who have not scored a goal from outside the box. Myopic."

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
You off to the pit again?
he's right in one respect though gorilla. It is a £#%&!ing joke that we were 2-0 down and so utterly dominated for 90% of that game at Villa park. Aston Villa are £#%&!ing cack.

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Coracao

Palacios has been caught 3 times in the 5 minutes i've had this on

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he's right in one respect though gorilla. It is a £#%&!ing joke that we were 2-0 down and so utterly dominated for 90% of that game at Villa park. Aston Villa are £#%&!ing cack.
Oh I didn't read his post, i just saw he has 3 red squares and thought 3 was usually entry number for the pit. Marlo is also on 3.

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Rhodzy

Gyan just missed a sitter, great play from Welbeck in the build up.

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
one good game all season
Two, actually - they tried against Birmingham as well

Complete disgrace of a club.

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Sparky***

on the subject of our own game today. Nothing less than a win is good enough imo against a team 2 points above the drop zone.

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Gyan just missed a sitter, great play from Welbeck in the build up.
Would like to see a Sunderland win here, if only because it pushes them up closer to Chelsea. A spurs win today pushes Chelsea into fifth

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
on the subject of our own game today. Nothing less than a win is good enough imo against a team 2 points above the drop zone.
We have to factor in that their goalie will no doubt turn in the performance of his life, though

Unread 28-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Birmingham at home is always a tough game, especially when you throw in the fact we played 2 days ago and they haven't played in a week.

Plus they have a usually excellent record at home, and they've beaten Chelsea there this season.

Not excuses for if we do lose/draw, but a win would be a great result, not a routine result.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Tough game for us tonight. The fact it's an evening fixture will be even more of a benefit to them - better atmosphere etc..
Of course that clown Foster will have a blinder, but Rio & Vidic in particular are in such fantastic form that I expect us to be reasonably solid.
We just need to sharpen up in the final third. For all our great play of late we're still far too sloppy in front of goal or with our final ball.

We'd be walking away with this Title were it not for cancelled matches, early Season defensive howlers & various other shenannigans.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:00 PM
borsuk

we look in good form, nani and fletcher should both be fit and rested, giggs, berbatov and anderson all came off early the other day.

nothing to fear from birmingham this season, they've been pretty consistently poor. in any case, as long as we're in form we're a class above anybody else in the league.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Birmingham at home is always a tough game, especially when you throw in the fact we played 2 days ago and they haven't played in a week.

Plus they have a usually excellent record at home, and they've beaten Chelsea there this season.

Not excuses for if we do lose/draw, but a win would be a great result, not a routine result.

It'll be a tough game, i'm sure. But anything other than a win will be a piss-poor result. It'll be more dropped points against a rubbish side.

We are the best team in this leage at the moment and we have to show it.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:05 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Tough game for us tonight. The fact it's an evening fixture will be even more of a benefit to them - better atmosphere etc..
Of course that clown Foster will have a blinder, but Rio & Vidic in particular are in such fantastic form that I expect us to be reasonably solid.
We just need to sharpen up in the final third. For all our great play of late we're still far too sloppy in front of goal or with our final ball.

We'd be walking away with this Title were it not for cancelled matches, early Season defensive howlers & various other shenannigans.
I think you'll all be surprised by how easy tonights game will be. Birmingham have had their return to the prem bedding in season. This season they're simply not as motivated.

Also think not playing for 3 weeks in the middle of the season, will work against them. It's not like they've been somewhere sunny abroad.

And when we win tonight, we'll be 9 pts ahead of Chelsea with equal games played. We already will be walking the title, despite all the injuries early on this season, Rooney business etc.

We're in our best form for a couple of seasons now, really confident we'll send out another strong statement tonight. For once we have all our key players fully fit, well nearly all(scholesy out).

Our front 6 will be magical again tonight and Rooney will surely end his drought.

Nani-Carrick-Anderson-Giggs with the 2 central midfield lads being on form is our strongest midfield imo and lets us play the fluid United way. Earlier this season or last season i'd be dreading a game like this but i'm really looking forward it.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:08 PM
safingtons

Quote:
You off to the pit again?
Seems I was bombarded with bad rep yesterday, from my usual fanclub even though i've hardly been posting much lately.

Cheers to reddles as usual, bellers Albie Tatlock and Withers for the good rep, you're good men with the forums best interest at heart. This place is better with any of the saffers and thats a fact.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:09 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: Todays Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
I think you'll all be surprised by how easy tonights game will be. Birmingham have had their return to the prem bedding in season. This season they're simply not as motivated.

Also think not playing for 3 weeks in the middle of the season, will work against them. It's not like they've been somewhere sunny abroad.

And when we win tonight, we'll be 9 pts ahead of Chelsea with equal games played. We already will be walking the title, despite all the injuries early on this season, Rooney business etc.

We're in our best form for a couple of seasons now, really confident we'll send out another strong statement tonight. For once we have all our key players fully fit, well nearly all(scholesy out).

Our front 6 will be magical again tonight and Rooney will surely end his drought.

Nani-Carrick-Anderson-Giggs with the 2 central midfield lads being on form is our strongest midfield imo and lets us play the fluid United way. Earlier this season or last season i'd be dreading a game like this but i'm really looking forward it.
Wouldn't argue with any of that tbf.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Rhodzy

Blackpool They're terrific away from home.

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:13 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Wouldn't argue with any of that tbf.
good Christmas MJ? no doom?

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Wez

4-0 City

Unread 28-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Sparky***

misery %@#$&!s has a hat-trick for city.
Closed Thread