United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:02 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Default Re: Match of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Pisses me off that they do the commentary after the match. Had it been real time commentary there's no way he would have mentioned Nani handling it when he did.
ITV got rid of Jon Champion because of his amazing ability to anticipate every piece of action when commentating on highlights, yet surprisingly got almost everything wrong on live games (allegedly, of course).

You'll find there's nothing savant with his ESPN commentary now.. But you cab be sure everything Waddle says, even after the replay, is wrong.

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Pisses me off that they do the commentary after the match. Had it been real time commentary there's no way he would have mentioned Nani handling it when he did.
yeah, i noticed that. "oh nani's handballed it. that's a free kick that is. Let's just completely ignore the blatant penalty that wasn't given and instead focus entirely on this seemingly trivial kick. Here's gomes taking the aforementioned freekick which definitely should have been awarded. but wait! what's nani doing!?.....

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:12 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
I had to watch tonights game on TV with a red from Banbury (he has an "Man U" tattoo. )

Every ref decision and pass was met with a derisory comment, almost as bad as listening to the commentary from Chris "penatly" Waddle. I left at half time, got the FA rule book, returned at for the second half and told him to read it and shut the £#%&! up until something which breached the rules happened.

Now Mr £#%&!ing referee.....what a @#%&! you made me look. I'm still waiting for the FA assessor (who lives three doors down) to give an explanation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah, i noticed that. "oh nani's handballed it. that's a free kick that is. Let's just completely ignore the blatant penalty that wasn't given and instead focus entirely on this seemingly trivial kick. Here's gomes taking the aforementioned freekick which definitely should have been awarded. but wait! what's nani doing!?.....

YouTube - Troll 2

Sorry sparky but that was shit.

Bad timing shit video.

Must do better #@&%!.

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:15 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s
Sorry sparky but that was shit.

Bad timing shit video.

Must do better #@&%!.
what?

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:19 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
what?

Ive upset him.

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:21 AM
jem

gomes tried to take the "free kick" ten yards from the offence too. cheater.

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.l.a.t.s

Ive upset him.

YouTube - Troll 2
you've confused me, i'll give you that.

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:55 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Unread 31-10-2010, 07:46 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Did anyone else see Scholesy running and pointing at Nanners to kick the ball after Gomes let go of it ?

Great footballing brain !

Yep - as did my wife - who is not in to football - she said "Scholes is running for the ball he doesn't think the game has stopped!" Pity Linekar and Co didn't mention that....... It's clear he didn't give a free kick - Ref prob didn't even see the handball from his position- his hands remained by his side at all times - no whistle - linesmans didn't flag for a free-kick - in fact linesman didn't flag for anything until Gomes ran over to him.

PLAY TO THE WHISTLE. FACT.

Unread 31-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Jethro

Did Lee Dixon really just say City need to sign another striker?

Unread 31-10-2010, 09:42 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Match of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Did Lee Dixon really just say City need to sign another striker?
Yes.

Because of all the uncertainty with Tevez.Tevez - a team player

Unread 31-10-2010, 09:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
gomes tried to take the "free kick" ten yards from the offence too. cheater.
Was just about to post this. Convinently the ABUs have failed to mention this, and also failed to mention that is was a penalty.

Unread 31-10-2010, 09:52 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Was just about to post this. Convinently the ABUs have failed to mention this, and also failed to mention that is was a penalty.
The guy on Talksport () is classing that as Nani 'diving'. "Two pieces of cheating from Nani.......and it's United that benefit from it"

It was a nailed on pen imo.

Unread 31-10-2010, 09:57 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The guy on Talksport () is classing that as Nani 'diving'. "Two pieces of cheating from Nani.......and it's United that benefit from it"

It was a nailed on pen imo.
The thing is the ABUs can keep spouting shite like that and and everyone believes it.

Unread 31-10-2010, 10:07 AM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: Match of the Day

Quote:
The thing is the ABUs can keep spouting shite like that and and everyone believes it.
Funny on Talksport.The commentator, after calling Nani a cheat, going on about these big decisions that 'the big teams' get (I thought Spurs were quite big tbf), manages to say to a Spurs fan who was bleating on the phone: "Anyway, these decisions dont take away the fact that Spurs haven't beaten Arsenal, United, Chelsea or Liverpool, away from home since about 1993.Why is that?"

Spurs caller: "Erm......errrrr.....we.......we just dont get any big decisions!"

Unread 31-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
I remember when they didn't do it. Back when Mourinho was winning everything in sight. Im glad they do it.

Unread 31-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
I remember when they didn't do it. Back when Mourinho was winning everything in sight. Im glad they do it.
Hardly as if WE are now winning everything in sight though is it!?

Utd are an easy target as they know the majority of mongs will agree no matter what! It boils my piss!

A lad I know who is an Oldham die-hard posted 'mad day at boundary park, come home an see that refs are still playing to Fergie rules!'

Every narrow-mind in existence hates us! It makes me smile wryly but it also pisses me off!

The kuyt/Torres goal of just a couple of weeks ago is seemingly non-existent seeing as 'even the guy on MOTD has never seen anything like it!'

Unread 31-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Cream

did they show the ball going out for a goal kick - only by a yard or two - and spurs being awarded a corner?

Unread 31-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
I had to watch tonights game on TV with a red from Banbury (he has an "Man U" tattoo. )

Every ref decision and pass was met with a derisory comment, almost as bad as listening to the commentary from Chris "penatly" Waddle. I left at half time, got the FA rule book, returned at for the second half and told him to read it and shut the £#%&! up until something which breached the rules happened.
Yep. Sure you did.

Unread 31-10-2010, 08:15 PM
poppy

"Mr. Spock is half Vulcan, half human. Okay."
Closed Thread