United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2010, 11:27 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: Hugo Lloris

So this summer we're getting;

Lloris - £15m
Benzema - £17-25M (both prices have been mentioned)
Silva - £25m.

Can't wait for next season now.

Unread 15-04-2010, 11:29 AM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
So this summer we're getting;

Lloris - £15m
Benzema - £17-25M (both prices have been mentioned)
Silva - £25m.

Can't wait for next season now.

I can say with 100% confidence none of these 3 will come in the summer, I think we'll sign a goalkeeper next summer. Perez in the end will be too proud to let Benzema go after only a year, Zidane will have a word....Silva is heading for Madrid its looking like.

Unread 15-04-2010, 11:32 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
I can say with 100% confidence none of these 3 will come in the summer, I think we'll sign a goalkeeper next summer. Perez in the end will be too proud to let Benzema go after only a year, Zidane will have a word....Silva is heading for Madrid its looking like.
I know mate, I was joking.

Yeah, Silva will probably go Madrid with another 2-3 signings, Madrid will as usual do £#%&! all in Europe next season and will struggle to win the league.

Atm United remind me of around the 2005 period, signing 'squad fillers' and saying we'll 'develop' them etc.

Unread 15-04-2010, 11:36 AM
safingtons

Silva's been on the marca front cover for 2 days running, they've been a lot closer to the club since Perez came back, he practically owns them so it's no surprise to have seen them get practically every transfer story right since he came into power.

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagene...4/14/g1404.jpg

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagene...4/15/g1504.jpg

It's gonna be relentless till they get him, then it'll be Wayne Rooney and/or Vidic no doubt.

Unread 15-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I know mate, I was joking.

Yeah, Silva will probably go Madrid with another 2-3 signings, Madrid will as usual do £#%&! all in Europe next season and will struggle to win the league.

Atm United remind me of around the 2005 period, signing 'squad fillers' and saying we'll 'develop' them etc.
What about Ribery? They could have had Silva last season if they wanted him.

This is the part that's pissing me off. In the last year we've got Obertan and Diouf, and now we have Hernandez and Smalling...but the first 11 needs improving. Just buying youngsters and hoping they turn into solid players is what Arsenal do...

Unread 15-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Silva's been on the marca front cover for 2 days running, they've been a lot closer to the club since Perez came back, he practically owns them so it's no surprise to have seen them get practically every transfer story right since he came into power.

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagene...4/14/g1404.jpg

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagene...4/15/g1504.jpg

It's gonna be relentless till they get him, then it'll be Wayne Rooney and/or Vidic no doubt.
How the hell will they fit Kaka and Silva in the same team?

Presumably :

Higuain

Ronaldo

Silva Kaka

Fabregas Alonso

Unread 15-04-2010, 12:17 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
What about Ribery? They could have had Silva last season if they wanted him.

This is the part that's pissing me off. In the last year we've got Obertan and Diouf, and now we have Hernandez and Smalling...but the first 11 needs improving. Just buying youngsters and hoping they turn into solid players is what Arsenal do...
Yeah maybe mate.

And yeah it pisses me off too. I think priority is sort the team out, 1-2 very good top players and the rest will come together and we may say the likes of Hernandez/Diouf develop. As it stands they won't imo. Thrown in 1 game, not seen for 6 weeks, back in back out etc.

Unread 15-04-2010, 03:21 PM
armchair

From what I've seen he seems a top keeper. He was magnificent in the first leg versus oirlend.

Unread 15-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
i think he'll go to arsenal

id prefer us to get akinfeev
PIG is every bit as good as Akinfeev. Lloris is a different class entirely, and will only get better IMO.

Unread 15-04-2010, 07:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
The press pull these figures out of their arses (in the same way they seemed to have decreed that David Villa will go for 30 mill and Silva for 20-odd).

There's no way Aulas and Lyon will accept a bid for France's number one keeper before the World Cup, and certainly not one which is under 17 million euros. They'd laugh in our faces if we bid that.
Indeed. Laughable story in pretty much every respect.

Lyon won't sell before the World Cup
Lyon won't sell for £15m
We already have a first-class goalkeeper

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:34 AM
safingtons

Brace from Silva tonight/last night, 2nd goal is a cracker.

Unread 16-04-2010, 12:53 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. Laughable story in pretty much every respect.

Lyon won't sell before the World Cup
Lyon won't sell for £15m
We already have a first-class goalkeeper
Agreed on the first two but there is no way that we could miss out on someone of Lloris' potential because we have VDS for one more year, which Fergie has said he's absolutely convinced that's all it will be.

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:49 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
PIG is every bit as good as Akinfeev. Lloris is a different class entirely, and will only get better IMO.

Unread 16-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
What's funny about that?

Akinfeev is a decent young keeper who doesn't come off his line. That's it. There is zero chance he ends up at a club of United's stature.

Unread 16-04-2010, 04:37 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
What's funny about that?

Akinfeev is a decent young keeper who doesn't come off his line. That's it. There is zero chance he ends up at a club of United's stature.
because PIG is shit. Akinfeev is good if not great.

Unread 16-04-2010, 04:41 AM
Grimson

Quote:
because PIG is shit. Akinfeev is good if not great.
I think PIG did quite well for us in his stand-in duty this season. I can't imagine Akinfeev would have done any better. Granted, PIG's kicking is poor. But he's a good shot stopper.

Even if Akinfeev is better, he isn't good enough for United. Lloris could be a very special keeper; everyone can see that.

Unread 16-04-2010, 04:44 AM
rafabio

I didn't say akinfeev is good for united. but he is miles ahead of PIG. PIG is shite. No wonder he will be shipped off this summer.

No wonder you are shite if you are deemed worse than the other clown that is foster.

Unread 16-04-2010, 05:09 AM
Grimson

Quote:
No wonder you are shite if you are deemed worse than the other clown that is foster.
He's not. He's been picked ahead of Foster consistently. Foster is the one who is off in summer.

Unread 16-04-2010, 05:59 AM
treme

Quote:
I didn't say akinfeev is good for united. but he is miles ahead of PIG. PIG is shite. No wonder he will be shipped off this summer.

Do you actually watch United you burk?

Unread 16-04-2010, 06:22 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
Do you actually watch United you burk?
he hates english players
Closed Thread