United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2010, 08:42 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default IF Spurs somehow drew with/beat Chelsea

And we miraculously beat City, Liverpool could go into their game against Chelsea knowing that if they were to win, we'd be level on points, or even go ahead of Chelsea, and go on to win our 19th, one more than them.

I would think by this point they'll also be out of the running for the champions league spot too, and with Pompey not having their european spot, Liverpool will comfortably take 6th or 7th.

So, if all that happens, do you think Liverpool will even put 10% in against Chelsea? Can see a few Carragher own goals, or the entire Liverpool support turning up in Chelsea shirts.

Unread 15-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Whalefish

Default Re: IF Spurs somehow drew with/beat Chelsea

I can't see us getting anything on Saturday tbh. That's not doom for the sake of it but they're in good form and confidence is high, whereas we look a touch leggy, too conservative in our play and impotent in front of goal minus Rooney.

Unread 15-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Surfers do Charlie

They did the job against Blackburn, when even then we managed to £#%&! it up.

Besides, shop window etc...

Unread 15-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I can't see us getting anything on Saturday tbh. That's not doom for the sake of it but they're in good form and confidence is high, whereas we look a touch leggy, too conservative in our play and impotent in front of goal minus Rooney.
Rooney's fit and playing.

But i'm fairly certain we're going to lose, so i'm not going or watching.

Unread 15-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Albert Tatlock

I think the more interesting scenario to be played out is the one with Spuds and City going for that 4th place, e.g.

Spuds beat Chelsea

We do Spuds a favour and beat City.

We're next up for Spuds, but at OT we should do them, City have to go the Emirates.

Then City have Villa at home, Spuds have Bolton at home.

City then host Spuds in a midweek match before they both have a reasonable away fixture as their last match.

Why is this important ? Because City must not get that 4th slot

Unread 15-04-2010, 09:00 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I can't look beyond the derby tbh

Unread 15-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I think the more interesting scenario to be played out is the one with Spuds and City going for that 4th place, e.g.

Spuds beat Chelsea

We do Spuds a favour and beat City.

We're next up for Spuds, but at OT we should do them, City have to go the Emirates.

Then City have Villa at home, Spuds have Bolton at home.

City then host Spuds in a midweek match before they both have a reasonable away fixture as their last match.

Why is this important ? Because City must not get that 4th slot
This is why we should support Spurs for the rest of the season.

We need them to beat Chelsea, we need them to get 4th spot.

Unread 15-04-2010, 09:28 AM
dunk

We MUST, MUST, MUST beat City, regardless of whether we are going to win the league or not.

They are the £#%&!ing enemy and must be stopped.

Unread 15-04-2010, 09:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Can't say I agree regarding City's form, as daft as that sounds considering their recent results. City have been poor at home this season imo and have got away with it a lot. Wigan should have at least got a point there, if it wasn't for the ref sending a Wigan player off when it wasn't a red card. And even with 10 men Wigan created chances. Birmingham were unlucky to, City got a pen, that clearly wasn't a pen, imo, which made them go 1-0 up. I think City are better away from home.

They seem to try fit to many players they want to play in their team, they've gotten away with it this season because of injuries usually before big games, so they've been able to play a better system.

They'll come out on Sat flying at us and there will be plenty of chances for United. Of course, it depends on whether United show some balls, and also take their chances.

Unread 15-04-2010, 09:40 AM
Lok

You have to remember that Chelsea play the dippers after spurs play city. So if we beat Spurs and Arsenal beat City (both likely) the dippers will still have a very real chance of getting 4th place when they play Chelsea..

I really don't think we're going to win it but it's far from over.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Mr_Ed

A 0-0 draw would be required at Anfailed - nailed on

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:12 AM
dunk

If Spurs don't win or draw against Chelsea, we should put a reserve team out against Spuds at OT.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:16 AM
The Return of JC

I think this weekend will be our last chance (bit of hope) re the title.

All ifs and buts.....but if we beat City, it puts the pressure on Chelsea for a tough fixture at Spurs. If Spurs can take anything off them, then it's very much back in the melting pot.

I just want us to do our bit and win. I'd be so annoyed if Chelsea dropped points, but we weren't there to pounce.

Time to show our mettle and grind out a morale boosting result.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Switching Off

Chelsea will dick Spurs and we'll drop points at City. But still there'll be threads saying "if Chelsea drop points at home to whoever, and we beat spurs 86-0 we'll go top on (goal/points) x average shirt colour"

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:18 AM
forzagarza

If Ferguson gets the sack and we get someone with a clue in there is a chance.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:19 AM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
If Ferguson gets the sack and we get someone with a clue in there is a chance.
You're not Marlo.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:20 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
This is why we should support Spurs for the rest of the season.

We need them to beat Chelsea, we need them to get 4th spot.
Ginners wont have much trouble.

Quote:
You're not Marlo.
This week.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:24 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
You're not Marlo.
I have shorter fingers for a start. Still I would get rid of Ferguson. Reaistically when you look at all the times he's failed becasue of poor selections and tactics you have to judge that he underperforms. Why is that acceptable?

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Ginners

chelsea wont win saturday.

i dont think we will either though.

Unread 15-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We MUST, MUST, MUST beat City, regardless of whether we are going to win the league or not.

They are the £#%&!ing enemy and must be stopped.
This, on toast.
Closed Thread