United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:02 PM
TheNew

McCarthy is a good player, I rate the lad.

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored
berbatov is a better holderer-up of the ball though

what about as a shooterer?

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:05 PM
bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands

what about as a shooterer?
you mean strikerer the famous comic

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored
you mean strikerer the famous comic
I'm not surerer

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:06 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
He most certainly isn't. He's yet to prove himself and has never been instrumental in games. He's a huge improvement on O'Shea or Fletcher but definitely doesn't warrant the 18 million signing.

Berbatov and McCarthy were both great signings. Anelka was a decent buy too.
i don't understand what you mean by 'never been instrumental in games', tbh. he is the primary reason we are in the position we are in, imho.

the best buy of the season, i would say, is the one who has made the biggest difference to the team he has joined. blackburn are no better than last year; neither are spurs. in fact, both of them are further away from challenging from the cl than last year. united, on the other hand, are a team transformed and much of that is, i believe, down to the presence of carrick in our mf. it's not the obvious stuff he does with the ball so much as his discipline, positioning and tactical awareness - none of which is as obvious as the contributions of berbatov, mccarthey or anelka. nevertheless, the player who has had the biggest influence on their team is carrick.

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
another one of pure's ideas last year on the other forum?
bellamy is a good player ......

id lake to add i said utd should have signed senna a year b4 we were gonna buy ..and also frank ribery

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:14 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
bellamy is a good player ...... and a complete @#%&! who has ruined the team spirit of every club he's ever been near. never let the gobby little bastard near the shirt.

id lake to add i said utd should have signed senna a year b4 we were gonna buy he was still too old

..and also frank ribery limited. would have been about as effective as reyes

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:15 PM
puressence

Quote:
are you martin ferguson .. ribery is top drawer and senna would have been ideal over 3 years

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:18 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
i don't understand what you mean by 'never been instrumental in games', tbh. he is the primary reason we are in the position we are in, imho.

the best buy of the season, i would say, is the one who has made the biggest difference to the team he has joined. blackburn are no better than last year; neither are spurs. in fact, both of them are further away from challenging from the cl than last year. united, on the other hand, are a team transformed and much of that is, i believe, down to the presence of carrick in our mf. it's not the obvious stuff he does with the ball so much as his discipline, positioning and tactical awareness - none of which is as obvious as the contributions of berbatov, mccarthey or anelka. nevertheless, the player who has had the biggest influence on their team is carrick.
He may well have made a big difference to the team but that's because we needed anyone that was an improvement on Fletcher or O'Shea in central midfield. Carrick has really not been anything special this season - Ronaldo's sensational form, the return of Scholes and the emergence of Vidic and Evra are the real reason we're top of the league. They've been consistently brilliant - Carrick has not. Carrick does ok in most games and sometimes plays a great pass or makes a timely interception. But he is never the reason we've won a game and is not the reason we are top of the league. When considering the buy of the season you also have to consider value for money. I think we could have bought any decent Premiership midfielder and they would have made the same impact after we've suffered with Fletcher and O'Shea for the last couple of years.

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:21 PM
borsuk

Default top drawer in france

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
are you martin ferguson .. ribery is top drawer and senna would have been ideal over 3 years
but not in the premiership. not every player is suited - reyes is a good example; veron was another; morientes was another - and it's not hard to extend the list.

with senna... i don't think he would have added what we need. he's quite limited and would have meant us playing the same style we did with keane in his latter years. united have never played effectively with a m/fer sitting in front of the back 4 - we have always had mobile box-to-box types capable of playing the kind of high-speed passing game we excel at. senna would not have allowed us to play the way we have been this season.

imho, of course.

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
but not in the premiership. not every player is suited - reyes is a good example; veron was another; morientes was another - and it's not hard to extend the list.

with senna... i don't think he would have added what we need. he's quite limited and would have meant us playing the same style we did with keane in his latter years. united have never played effectively with a m/fer sitting in front of the back 4 - we have always had mobile box-to-box types capable of playing the kind of high-speed passing game we excel at. senna would not have allowed us to play the way we have been this season.

imho, of course.
ribery is more a premiership player .. fast and direct and can beat a player also good delivery of the ball

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
dakpul

ribery is poo. if he had any chance of making it in england wenger would have put an offer in for him a long time ago. he'll probably end up at spurs.

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs down

and he's £#%&!ing ugly.

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:29 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
and he's £#%&!ing ugly.
hes prettier than carrick

Unread 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM
borsuk

Default i think you're missing cause and effect

this
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Ronaldo's sensational form, the return of Scholes and the emergence of Vidic and Evra are the real reason we're top of the league. They've been consistently brilliant
is the effect of carrick's presence.

this
Quote:
Carrick does ok in most games and sometimes plays a great pass or makes a timely interception. But he is never the reason we've won a game and is not the reason we are top of the league.
is only true if you only value what a player does on the ball. carrick brings so much more. it's no surprise to me that spurs have looked half the team they did last year. carrick didn't score many for them or dominate games either - but with him they were five minutes from fourth place; without him they are mid-table.

Quote:
When considering the buy of the season you also have to consider value for money.
absolutely. 14 million (let's get it right) is a bargain for the transformation we have seen.

Quote:
I think we could have bought any decent Premiership midfielder and they would have made the same impact after we've suffered with Fletcher and O'Shea for the last couple of years.
that's just plain silly, tbh. pip neville is a more than decent premiership m/fer. please, don't tell me you can't tell the difference. i know, like i said, a lot of carrick's contribution is not spectacular but look at the difference in the way we play. listen to what other managers say about him. take a look at what jol says, if you don't trust fergie.

Unread 11-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Part 36 Offer

Default Carrick

Best buy of the season.

And a major coup for Fred Tissue.
Closed Thread