United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

No matter how shit sanchez has been. The timing of this is shit. Since martial will be out for a month we are one injury away (rashford) from.having no strikers and one winger.

Gain 5-10million for a loan and then take him back in the summer. A fee like that is neglible for a club of man utd's size.

Would have made sense to do this when the window was open and bring in a replacement. Woodward you bald dumbass

Unread 27-08-2019, 10:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
No matter how shit sanchez has been.
I'd rather you play for us than him. He's £#%&! and never done a thing

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:00 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
I'd rather you play for us than him. He's £#%&! and never done a thing
I get that. But he would offer more than greenwood or any of the other youth.

I have nothing against greenwood . Seems like he isnt ready for first team football. Even having sanchez as a back up 4th choice strikee behind greenwood would better than not having him.

The squad is paper thin. Hopefully rashford and martial stay fit this year

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:02 PM
BarryX

This whole chapter sums up why I've fallen out of love with football. It's become obscene.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:03 PM
geo100100

Quote:

Errrr

Buck

The end of an error

dunk

Quote:
I get that. But he would offer more than greenwood or any of the other youth.

I have nothing against greenwood . Seems like he isnt ready for first team football. Even having sanchez as a back up 4th choice strikee behind greenwood would better than not having him.

There has been zero evidence of this in his time here tbf.

I'd imagine they would've loved to get shut of him earlier, but Copa America and he was injured, again, and so few potential takers made it nigh on impossible. Keeping him here would be a fool's errand.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:07 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There has been zero evidence of this in his time here tbf.

I'd imagine they would've loved to get shut of him earlier, but Copa America and he was injured, again, and so few potential takers made it nigh on impossible. Keeping him here would be a fool's errand.
In an ideal world they had all this sorted out a couple of months back. But with martial injured our wing and striker options look like this.

Rashford
James
Greenwood
Chong (maybe)
Lingard.
( thats roughly for a RW LW and ST position)

If they sold sanchez it wouldnt be as bad. But this £#%&!er will go to inter get half his wages paid by united come back and go back to square one
Does anybody know if inter have an obligstion to buy?

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
But he would offer more than greenwood or any of the other youth.
Based on what?!

Getting sick of everyone agreeing we need a massive clear out, to cull the shit@#%&!s etc then a few people cryarsing because it leaves us with a thin squad for a season.

Guess what, we were never going to sign ten players in one summer. It doesn’t happen. But Ole is clearly being pretty ruthless in terms of who he wants to get rid of, and he should be commended for that. Long term it’s the right thing to do, rather than keep @#%&!s like Sanchez around just because he’s a name people recognise.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
In an ideal world they had all this sorted out a couple of months back. But with martial injured our wing and striker options look like this.

Rashford
James
Greenwood
Chong (maybe)
Lingard.
( thats roughly for a RW LW and ST position)

If they sold sanchez it wouldnt be as bad. But this £#%&!er will go to inter get half his wages paid by united come back and go back to square one
Does anybody know if inter have an obligstion to buy?
The squad is horribly thin in attack and midfield, nqat, but I'd rather they cleared the decks and used what is available to them, while identifying proper players, than buy other shit that we're stuck with.

It's going to be a rough season regardless, watching Llorente or Mandzukic isn't going to make that any better tbh.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Based on what?!

Getting sick of everyone agreeing we need a massive clear out, to cull the shit@#%&!s etc then a few people cryarsing because it leaves us with a thin squad for a season.

Guess what, we were never going to sign ten players in one summer. It doesn’t happen. But Ole is clearly being pretty ruthless in terms of who he wants to get rid of, and he should be commended for that. Long term it’s the right thing to do, rather than keep @#%&!s like Sanchez around just because he’s a name people recognise.
I'm all for it now. £#%&! it.

I'd rather a few young lads make mistakes and try their %@#$&!s off than a load of 'galacticos' on stupid money cry-arsing and huffing round the pitch every week.

Switching Off

Quote:
Thoughts with the lunatics who thought he should get another ten games before we made a decision on him

I'd take Matt Jarvis right now.

If this means more games for the yoot great.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Based on what?!

Greenwood has been annoymous in the 3 times he has played this season. I hope he comes good But in a season with europa league where sanchez would still do a job he would have been ok to keep.

Nobody is asking for 10 signings. It is so bad to have expected a 4th signing to replace both lukaku and sanchez when the window was open.

I wanted sanchez and lukaku gone , but its criminal to do it without signing a replacement. Its not so far fetched to expect a 4th signing in one window for this.

He hasnt even been properly shitculled. He is going on loan. He will come back im the summer. The only people that benefit will be the glazers pocketing the 50% of wages they save on him this year

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Based on what?!

Yep. I'd be delighted with Matic going as well tbh, even if it means we're even thinner in midfield, Ole clearly doesn't fancy him and he's hardly one for the future..

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I'd rather a few young lads make mistakes and try their %@#$&!s off than a load of 'galacticos' on stupid money cry-arsing and huffing round the pitch every week.
Yep.

If we’re going to do it, we have to do it properly. And it more than likely will get painful at times. But in the long term, I think it’s the right thing to do. Because there’s sure as £#%&! no short term fix for this club at the moment. We’ve tried everything that should have worked quickly , various managers, galactico signings etc. And it’s been utterly disastrous

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Greenwood has been annoymous in the 3 times he has played this season. I hope he comes good But in a season with europa league where sanchez would still do a job he would have been ok to keep.

Nobody is asking for 10 signings. It is so bad to have expected a 4th signing to replace both lukaku and sanchez when the window was open.

I wanted sanchez and lukaku gone , but its criminal to do it without signing a replacement. Its not so far fetched to expect a 4th signing in one window for this.

He hasnt even been properly shitculled. He is going on loan. He will come back im the summer. The only people that benefit will be the glazers pocketing the 50% of wages they save on him this year
Budget was £60-70m nett, it was spent, they looked at a few cheap options but they were a bit shit. Truth is unless some of these kids come good it's going to take 10 years to get the players we require on the current budget, so rather than loan them we need to play them, invest in them, and be patient. It's going be painful..

Quote:

This I look forward to seeing

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:22 PM
ScarFace

James has done more in his 2 OT games than sanchez in 2 seasons.

Id rather spend money on mongs like him than dogs like sanchez.

was insane that we got sanchez considering his age and how he'd been playing.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:23 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep.

If we’re going to do it, we have to do it properly. And it more than likely will get painful at times. But in the long term, I think it’s the right thing to do. Because there’s sure as £#%&! no short term fix for this club at the moment. We’ve tried everything that should have worked quickly , various managers, galactico signings etc. And it’s been utterly disastrous
I get the impression a statement is being made. From walking away from the Dybala negotiations to getting rid of Jose's expensive flops.

Quote:

This I look forward to seeing
I don't include Rashford in this as he's been in the first team for 5 years already.

Unread 27-08-2019, 11:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
I get the impression a statement is being made. From walking away from the Dybala negotiations to getting rid of Jose's expensive flops.

I don't include Rashford in this as he's been in the first team for 5 years already.
He's been in the team since he was 16?

You need to cut him some slack, he's still learning as well, frustrating as he is.

Unread 28-08-2019, 01:46 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
He's been in the team since he was 16?

You need to cut him some slack, he's still learning as well, frustrating as he is.
he needs to learn how to £#%&! off away from free kicks.
Closed Thread