United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:25 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Not sure it is. The transfer budget is set by the clubs revenues which include sponsorship revenues that Qatar will surely target.

I imagine our transfer budget under Qatari ownership will be far bigger than under BJR.
Don’t know how much truth there is but I read that if the debts are paid off it frees up and extra 45 million or so as part of the budget .

Could be %@#$&!s , Twitter doesn’t seem to know a thing on this takeover .

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Not sure it is. The transfer budget is set by the clubs revenues which include sponsorship revenues that Qatar will surely target.

I imagine our transfer budget under Qatari ownership will be far bigger than under BJR.
It’s limited by what we make vs. the losses made. The only way the owners could impact it is doing what City have done, that’s why they’ve done it. Or by improving commercials/success, which won’t be instant.

The difference would be if the club has to pay for stadium/training ground improvements out of the same pot, these things aren’t counted within FFP, so you can spend what you like in that sense but if your only ‘making’ £100m and £50m is going on debt/stadium you’re restricted. If your owners are dripping in funds and you’re debt free, the full £100m can be transfer funds.

Edit: under current rules

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:37 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I'm not sure why everyone who wants Qatar seems to think we're £#%&!ed financially if BJR takes over. We've got one of the biggest spends as it is under the Glazers (not spent very well but still...) and even if he didn't put a penny in from INEOS towards transfers do you really think the biggest club in the country with one of the highest turnovers in the world couldn't compete when it doesn't have to pay out tens of millions of pounds each year in interest payments and dividends?

Besides, how much money does this fake Sheikh have anyway? If he was that rich he would've blown BJR out of the water ages ago. It seems he has to keep going back to his shady backers scrambling for a few extra quid as he doesn't have the money himself. Isn't he just a bank chairman anyway? Who knows? Nobody does.
It's pretty obvious Jimmy is being used to drive up the price Qatar will have to pay.

Without Jimmy's bid, Qatar are the only bidders.

Qatar will surely know this, hence the impasse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s limited by what we make vs. the losses made. The only way the owners could impact it is doing what City have done, that’s why they’ve done it. Or by improving commercials/success, which won’t be instant.

The difference would be if the club has to pay for stadium/training ground improvements out of the same pot, these things aren’t counted within FFP, so you can spend what you like in that sense but if your only ‘making’ £100m and £50m is going on debt/stadium you’re restricted. If your owners are dripping in funds and you’re debt free, the full £100m can be transfer funds.

Edit: under current rules
Doesn't make any sense. Infrastructure investment has no impact on FFP.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's pretty obvious Jimmy is being used to drive up the price Qatar will have to pay.

Without Jimmy's bid, Qatar are the only bidders.

Qatar will surely know this, hence the impasse.
Or Qatar is being used to push Jim up, and now it’s end game hence the Qatar offer is just a bit less..

Quote:
Doesn't make any sense. Infrastructure investment has no impact on FFP.
It does. If you have to spend half of the money you make on infrastructure, the money available for transfer is less. It’s not the impact on FFP, its the impact on the budget.

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:41 AM
Sparky***

would be nice if this reign would 'crumble' a little bit quicker tbh

Unread 17-05-2023, 10:49 AM
jem

not sure the glazers care whose bid is being pushed up.

Unread 17-05-2023, 11:04 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Or Qatar is being used to push Jim up, and now it’s end game hence the Qatar offer is just a bit less...

It does. If you have to spend half of the money you make on infrastructure, the money available for transfer is less. It’s not the impact on FFP, its the impact on the budget.
Wha? I'm going to assume we're talking at cross purposes.

Just so i've got this right, Jim is buying 51% of the club, and putting all the money in for the infrastructure and playing staff, thereby massively increasing the value of the 49% he doesn't own?

Why would he do this? Can anyone tell me?

Unread 17-05-2023, 11:05 AM
dunk

Quote:
Wha? I'm going to assume we're talking at cross purposes.

Just so i've got this right, Jim is buying 51% of the club, and putting all the money in for the infrastructure and playing staff, thereby massively increasing the value of the 49% he doesn't own?

Why would he do this? Can anyone tell me?
I’ve no idea what you’re talking about

Unread 17-05-2023, 11:43 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
would be nice if this reign would 'crumble' a little bit quicker tbh
The Hundred Years war was settled in less time.

Unread 17-05-2023, 12:40 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The Hundred Years war was settled in less time.
went on for 116 years <RIC>

Unread 17-05-2023, 12:54 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
went on for 116 years <RIC>
So more like our transfer negotiations then?

Unread 17-05-2023, 03:04 PM
magic_cantona

Not my words, Fredsters, the words of Emmanuel Petit.

Unread 17-05-2023, 03:09 PM
naes_sean

Shhhhh, quiet everybody!! Emmanuel Petit is speaking.

Unread 17-05-2023, 03:58 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
Shhhhh, quiet everybody!! Emmanuel Petit is speaking.
coach of a club owned by someone trying to buy us? Probably better insight than Mark Goldbridge tbf

Unread 17-05-2023, 04:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
coach of a club owned by someone trying to buy us? Probably better insight than Mark Goldbridge tbf
No he’s not.

Unread 17-05-2023, 04:21 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No he’s not.
Fred Tissue thanks you for your contribution.

Unread 17-05-2023, 04:23 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Fred Tissue thanks you for your contribution.
Just fact checking.

Unread 17-05-2023, 04:37 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
It's easy to mix up which one of the ex-Arsenal midfielders used to coach Nice. One is black and bald and the other is white with a blond pony-tail.

Unread 17-05-2023, 04:46 PM
believe

Well he works on French TV as a football analyst so I guess he’d have some knowledge of what’s going on.

If he said the same thing about the Qataris everyone would be buzzing